ImageImage

Staying at the 7th-8th position

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Beacon
Junior
And1: 164

Staying at the 7th-8th position 

Post#1 » by Beacon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:21 am

I was thinking given Chris Paul's health issue, would it be a valid strategy to instead give up home court and try to get Warriors as the first round opponent. This is because Chris Paul has the best chance of staying healthy throughout the first round and if we can eliminate them, we might be able to then scrape past the rest of the opposition with a half-fit Chris Paul after that.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Re: Staying at the 7th-8th position 

Post#2 » by YoungMoney23 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:43 am

We need to shore up our bench first and our defense with some trades
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:13 am

Even if Chris Paul is ready for playoffs, he has to risk and compete in at least 16 games to before finals, so it's no certainly not a bad thought to face the toughest opponent, try to put them away as soon as you can, and take it easy along the way. I also think that having home court advantage (HCA) is also important. I just don't see this current Rockets beating the Warriors that has added DMC without having HCA.

Tough call.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#4 » by texasholdem » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:33 am

TMU wrote:Even if Chris Paul is ready for playoffs, he has to risk and compete in at least 16 games to before finals, so it's no certainly not a bad thought to face the toughest opponent, try to put them away as soon as you can, and take it easy along the way. I also think that having home court advantage (HCA) is also important. I just don't see this current Rockets beating the Warriors that has added DMC without having HCA.

Tough call.

Rockets had HCA last WCF and still lost to the DMC-less Warriors.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#5 » by K_chile22 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:59 pm

I'd be shocked if DMC is able to pay big minutes against the rockets if that series were to happen. He was a bad defender before, imagine how it will be after an Achilles. And his offense isn't going to be what it's been especially with far far fewer touches

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using RealGM mobile app
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#6 » by moofs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:50 pm

I don’t know what happened, specifically. There’s the obvious. Chris Paul declined. Our replacements for Ariza and Moute have underperformed, not that keeping either of them would have helped either. Capella has that damned performance-degrading hair stripe.

We aren’t winning the championship this year, if it’s not obvious. Even with the points above, how we fell from 65 wins to this is beyond me.

What the next steps are is beyond me. Every move we made was a good one, they just didn’t work.

Meh.

At least I don’t have any time to watch us suck.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#7 » by texasholdem » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 am

If it's true that we could have had Jimmy Butler in exchange for Tucker and Gordon and Morey passed on it then he should be fired at the end of the season.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming

Return to Houston Rockets