Rick Pitino Agrees To Become Head Coach Of Panathinaikos

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Rick Pitino Agrees To Become Head Coach Of Panathinaikos 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Rick Pitino has agreed to coach Panathinaikos of Greece for the remainder of the season.

Pitino's goal is to return to the NBA as a head coach.

Panathinaikos is expected to part ways with its coach Xavi Pascual to clear the way for Pitino

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,795

Re: Rick Pitino Agrees To Become Head Coach Of Panathinaikos 

Post#2 » by 31to6 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Interesting. Do they have spicy meatballs?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#3 » by 12footrim » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:00 pm

He's 66 years old, you'd think these guys would want to kick back a little and enjoy all the millions of dollars they have amassed, you can't take it with you and the good years are getting fewer at that age. I can't really see the appeal of coaching some team in Italy over over just doing what I want personally at that age with those kind of resources. I guess he is just trying to get to the NBA for some redemption and leaving on a better note than Louisville.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
pape-a-bonner
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#4 » by pape-a-bonner » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 pm

He won’t last 15 seconds
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#5 » by johanliebert » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 pm

12footrim wrote:He's 66 years old, you'd think these guys would want to kick back a little and enjoy all the millions of dollars they have amassed, you can't take it with you and the good years are getting fewer at that age. I can't really see the appeal of coaching some team in Italy over over just doing what I want personally at that age with those kind of resources. I guess he is just trying to get to the NBA for some redemption and leaving on a better note than Louisville.

hes doing it for money. same reason these old billionaires in the nba are still at it.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,779

Post#6 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:40 am

johanliebert wrote:
12footrim wrote:He's 66 years old, you'd think these guys would want to kick back a little and enjoy all the millions of dollars they have amassed, you can't take it with you and the good years are getting fewer at that age. I can't really see the appeal of coaching some team in Italy over over just doing what I want personally at that age with those kind of resources. I guess he is just trying to get to the NBA for some redemption and leaving on a better note than Louisville.

hes doing it for money. same reason these old billionaires in the nba are still at it.

He's most likely doing it because he's an egomaniac. In his mind he's the best coach that ever lived, and he wants to make sure everybody knows it.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#7 » by Rek » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:22 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

He's most likely doing it because he's an egomaniac. In his mind he's the best coach that ever lived, and he wants to make sure everybody knows it.

I'd say this perspective is much closer to the truth. Pitino is already a wealthy man.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#8 » by Tiny ball » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:39 am

66 is not that old today if you have the bucks. Half life for today's elite.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by 12footrim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:58 pm

johanliebert wrote:

You are comparing the NBA to some league in Italy no one here cares about 1st off. Also being a billionaire NBA owner is not the same as a high stress, high travel (probably bus travel), probably stay in cheap places overseas job.

That dude is high maintenance too. I went to East Carolina and I remember him complaining about the hotel in Greenville NC in his press conference when he brought Louisville to play here because the nicest hotel there was a Hilton.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by 12footrim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Tiny ball wrote:

66 is not that old today if you have the bucks. Half life for today's elite.

Like 45k people a year die in car accidents and that guy travels more than most people. We are certainly not assured anything.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
BernteB
Senior
And1: 905

Post#11 » by BernteB » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:13 pm

12footrim wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

You are comparing the NBA to some league in Italy no one here cares about 1st off. Also being a billionaire NBA owner is not the same as a high stress, high travel (probably bus travel), probably stay in cheap places overseas job.

That dude is high maintenance too. I went to East Carolina and I remember him complaining about the hotel in Greenville NC in his press conference when he brought Louisville to play here because the nicest hotel there was a Hilton.

panathinaikos is a greek team, you expert.
12footrim
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by 12footrim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:46 pm

BernteB wrote:
12footrim wrote:
johanliebert wrote:hes doing it for money. same reason these old billionaires in the nba are still at it.

panathinaikos is a greek team, you expert.

Great, whatever. The point is the same if not worse considering the problems in that country.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource

Return to Wiretap Discussion