ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#541 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 pm

I’d pick up Melo via FA for vet min and somehow grab Robin Lopez off waivers after being waived by Chicago. Obviously with Melo, we’ll have instant offense and he can do one-on-one match ups if it makes him happy since our first unit starters will bring us back in the game, haha. And Lopez gives us the much need defensive rebounding and defense at the 5.

Then, I’d trade Green + Livingston + future 1st round pick for Trevor Ariza. Listened in on Matt Steinmetz morning show a day ago and they were saying Green’s been beat down physically playing against big Centers that he’s basically a 34-35 year old undersized center. And very demoralizing, psychologically, for him when opposing teams are daring him to shoot the 3. In all, Green’s either just going through a very rough patch or has already surpassed his prime and has already peaked. Are we going to give him the max/super-max if this is the trending ability of Green? We’ll just have to wait and see, but I’d act on it now before it’s too late.

Curry, Quinn
Thompson, Iguodala, Lee
Ariza, Melo, McKinnie, Derrickson, Evans
Durant, Jerebko, Bell
Cousins*, Lopez, Looney, Jones*

Thoughts?
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#542 » by Quazza » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:I’d pick up Melo

always appreciate your posts AF but stopped reading here
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#543 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:08 pm

Quazza wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:I’d pick up Melo

always appreciate your posts AF but stopped reading here

I don’t really care what anyone says, if this ball club can transform any scrub (McGee and swaggy P) into effective role players because the culture here with highly intelligent b-ball minds, I’m all for it — even if for the vet’s minimum.

In this case, Melo is now a bonafide scrub, will be humbled, and WILL KNOW HIS ROLE AND SHUT HIS MOUTH! *Does the people’s eyebrow*
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#544 » by BW32 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Nick Young was not an effective role player and Javale wasn't a scrub he was just injured alot. Put it like this, if the Warriors are so amazeballs at turning scrubs into productive players how come you want us to pick new scrubs instead of just "turning" the ones we already have?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#545 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:25 pm

BW32 wrote:Nick Young was not an effective role player and Javale wasn't a scrub he was just injured alot. Put it like this, if the Warriors are so amazeballs at turning scrubs into productive players how come you want us to pick new scrubs instead of just "turning" the ones we already have?

I was maybe wrong about Nick Young, but Javale McGee was seen a bone-headed scrub by around the association. Put him a role/system, and he flourished (He was hardly injured last season with Dubs; Just didn't get the playing time he wanted due to favored matchups).

Not sure what there is to lose in signing Melo to a VET's MINIMUM, anyway? Not like we're looking to make a big splash in FA or trades with other teams. We're looked as the enemy from the other 29 teams; lets be real: no team is looking at us as trade partners to help benefit us to win another championship.

Anyways, If it works out, great. If it doesn't work out, we can just waive him or trade him for peanuts. He's seen as a cancer/ineffective player around the league after his stint with both OKC and Houston, so best to get him at the lowest possible value and let him slowly regain his confidence back. I think being on our squad will help him since we rely a lot on team defense to offset his individual defense shortcomings. And if Melo begins to b!tch, you know we have KD and Green to hound on him and put into perspective why he was not picked up by other teams after being waived/bought out by Houston.

WE BELIEVE!!!!!!
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#546 » by killmongrel » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:52 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:I’d pick up Melo via FA for vet min and somehow grab Robin Lopez off waivers after being waived by Chicago. Obviously with Melo, we’ll have instant offense and he can do one-on-one match ups if it makes him happy since our first unit starters will bring us back in the game, haha. And Lopez gives us the much need defensive rebounding and defense at the 5.

Then, I’d trade Green + Livingston + future 1st round pick for Trevor Ariza. Listened in on Matt Steinmetz morning show a day ago and they were saying Green’s been beat down physically playing against big Centers that he’s basically a 34-35 year old undersized center. And very demoralizing, psychologically, for him when opposing teams are daring him to shoot the 3. In all, Green’s either just going through a very rough patch or has already surpassed his prime and has already peaked. Are we going to give him the max/super-max if this is the trending ability of Green? We’ll just have to wait and see, but I’d act on it now before it’s too late.

Curry, Quinn
Thompson, Iguodala, Lee
Ariza, Melo, McKinnie, Derrickson, Evans
Durant, Jerebko, Bell
Cousins*, Lopez, Looney, Jones*

Thoughts?
Such a bad post. Serious contending teams should stay away from Melo. But I do agree with getting Robin Lopez if he becomes available during the buyout market. Your idea of trading Green/Livingston/and a future 1st round pick for Trevor Ariza is absolutely horrible. I can't believe you were even serious in writing that. Why would the Warriors trade a former DPOY player, defending champ, who has 2 years left on his contract, for Ariza who hasn't looked all that great this year and is an expiring. This trade also gets rid of Livingston as well? Also, why is a pick even included? The Wizards would do this trade in a heartbeat. You know why? Because it's ridiculous. Green is an asset regardless of his recent bad play.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#547 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 8, 2019 5:33 pm

Brook Lopez making it rain in Milwaukee makes me a little angry. We never even made a push for the guy
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#548 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:39 pm

cdubbz wrote:Brook Lopez making it rain in Milwaukee makes me a little angry. We never even made a push for the guy

I actually think the Warriors had him on their vet minimum list. Once Cousins said he'd take the MLE, there wasn't much more they could offer.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#549 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 8, 2019 10:37 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Then, I’d trade Green + Livingston + future 1st round pick for Trevor Ariza.

:nonono:

Seriously? :-?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#550 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 am

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Brook Lopez making it rain in Milwaukee makes me a little angry. We never even made a push for the guy

I actually think the Warriors had him on their vet minimum list. Once Cousins said he'd take the MLE, there wasn't much more they could offer.

Shoot I'll take his bro Robin if he gets bought out although the article says da bulls won't. Hopefully the Tank goes full force later
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#551 » by Quazza » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 am

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Shoot I'll take his bro Robin if he gets bought out although the article says da bulls won't. Hopefully the Tank goes full force later

loved Steph and KD's reaction on the bench when hit a 3 and celebrated while being down 40

(shades of Marc Jackson's 'UNSTOPPABLE BABY!" )
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#552 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 pm

Can we sign Deandre when the Knicks buy him out? :P
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#553 » by BW32 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Can we sign Deandre when the Knicks buy him out? :P

We can but I think other teams have more minutes for him, would be a great get tho.

With the Knicks getting DSJ I wonder if there's a buy low opportunity for Ntilikina, he has no star potential but he seems like the type of role player that fits with us and he has a couple rook years left after this.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#554 » by Phase 3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 pm

That’s the plan after we trade Draymond and DeMarcus for AD.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#555 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:16 pm

gsw213 wrote:

and then sign Porzingus in 2020

Phase 3
Veteran

Post#556 » by Phase 3 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 1:10 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
gsw213 wrote:

and then sign Porzingus in 2020

Exactly.
Phase 3
Veteran

Post#557 » by Phase 3 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 1:14 am

But to answer your question...yes the Warriors can sign Deandre if he’s bought out. With Cousins here though, I’m not sure he would want to come. I’ve always thought Deandre would be a perfect fit at center on this team. It’s just that he’s gonna get bought out in the one year the Warriors actually have a legit starting center. There’s already some rumblings that the Warriors are gonna try to pick up Wesley Matthews if he’s bought out.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#558 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:56 pm

I think DJ will be picked-up by the rockets.
morey is just a hyena and the rockets front office just a bunch of strandwolves waiting for the next carcass to prey upon.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#559 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:42 pm

Capela and Deandre are basically the same player

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#560 » by Mylie10 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 4:59 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:Capela and Deandre are basically the same player

Yep, which is why it makes sense. They replicate each other so if one is out, the other replaces seemlessly.

Plus it keeps him from coming here.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors