And1: 172

Re: Welcome Jonah Bolden 

Post#341 » by Mrcrockpots » Sun Jan 6, 2019 12:56 pm

Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#342 » by Ericb5 » Sun Jan 6, 2019 10:31 pm

Kova wrote:Jonah deserves some love here.
He is all over the floor. Energetic, getting deflections, rebounds, steals, hustles, cuts. Just love his impact on the floor. Ball is moving around him because his movement all the time allows it.

He should be a starter even after Wilson comes back.

Like Korkmaz, I’m just happy to see him get a chance and contribute. I don’t know what either of them are long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#343 » by LloydFree » Mon Jan 7, 2019 1:46 pm

The emergence of Jonah Bolden for this team is huge. It really doesn't matter to me if he starts or comes off the bench, as long as he plays. Limits the amount of time they need to use Mike Muscala. Allows the team to use assets to upgrade the #1 weakness, perimeter defense, instead of upgrading PF. Gives the team one more minimum salary piece for next year (when they're capped out) that will be relied upon for the rotation. Huge, if he continues to gain confidence and slow the game down for himself.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#344 » by 51X3RF4N » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:45 pm

I remember when he was drafted people talked about how he could become a starter at PF within a few years, overtaking Saric in the lineup. And the main thing that would hold him back would be the 3pt shot not being consistent enough.

I feel like he is skilled in ball handling, passing, vision, rebounding, shot blocking, perimeter defense, switching on all 5 positions...and playing within a team game. The only thing missing right now is getting through 20 minutes without fouling out. If he can learn to be less physical while contesting shots, and can become a more consistent spot up shooter from deep, he will certainly earn a starting spot in my opinion. He's exactly what the lineup is missing, if he's hitting his 3s regularly. Even 35-37% would be basically what Saric/Chandler hit.

And at that point, he fits in the timeline due to his older age and professional experience. It's not like he's a true rookie.

So bringing Chandler off the bench for 20 minutes adds to the depth by quite a bit in my eyes.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#345 » by XDevilBoiX » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:49 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:I remember when he was drafted people talked about how he could become a starter at PF within a few years, overtaking Saric in the lineup. And the main thing that would hold him back would be the 3pt shot not being consistent enough.

I feel like he is skilled in ball handling, passing, vision, rebounding, shot blocking, perimeter defense, switching on all 5 positions...and playing within a team game. The only thing missing right now is getting through 20 minutes without fouling out. If he can learn to be less physical while contesting shots, and can become a more consistent spot up shooter from deep, he will certainly earn a starting spot in my opinion. He's exactly what the lineup is missing, if he's hitting his 3s regularly. Even 35-37% would be basically what Saric/Chandler hit.

And at that point, he fits in the timeline due to his older age and professional experience. It's not like he's a true rookie.

So bringing Chandler off the bench for 20 minutes adds to the depth by quite a bit in my eyes.

He would make Chandler expendable as a filler in a trade for depth. Chandler brings nothing and is Amir 2.0
PLO
Analyst
And1: 1,305

Post#346 » by PLO » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:25 am

Another quality defensive outing, not sure he's getting the best treatment from the refs though. One call against him in particular was trash.
LakersDynasty14 wrote:Lonzo Ball is literally on a Hall of Fame trajectory at this point. This thread is so full of fail.

shakes0 wrote:I hope they put Simmons on Trae. He'll foul him out by the 3rd quarter. plus Simmons can't stay in front of Trae. No one can.
Winejk
Bench Warmer
And1: 432

Post#347 » by Winejk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

You can tell opponents don't have a scouting report on him yet. The opponents see that Embiid is out of the game and think they can take it to the hole and then Bolden blocks their shot. Some of the shots he's blocked have been embarrassing for the opponents. The ball doesn't even leave the shooter's hand and Bolden reaches out his long arm and blocks it.

Opponents also don't know about his shooting range. He isn't being challenged much on his shots.

It'll be interesting if Bolden can continue his impressive play when opponents get a scouting report on him. It still doesn't change the fact he can move his feet on defense on switches and he's rebounding well enough. Those things are likely to continue even if the league gets scouting reports on him.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,884

Post#348 » by Wilfried » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 pm

He was compared to Robert Horry on draft night. I see some of the comparison. Don't know if he has a high ceiling but if he can get more experience he can become a very decent rotational piece
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#349 » by Ericb5 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:38 am

That stretch tonight with the two blocks, and the dunk was the best moment of his career.

It’s really great to see guys like Shamet and Bolden really contributing in their rookie years.

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#350 » by ankle420breaker » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:45 am

Ericb5 wrote:That stretch tonight with the two blocks, and the dunk was the best moment of his career.

It’s really great to see guys like Shamet and Bolden really contributing in their rookie years.

Great sequence there. Bolden was the first big off the bench in the rotation tonight, ahead of Muscala.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thequeenJ
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#351 » by thequeenJ » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:27 am

Ericb5 wrote:That stretch tonight with the two blocks, and the dunk was the best moment of his career.

Do u guys still remember how ppl diss Bolden on this Broad due to his Summer Leauge Performance :lol:
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#352 » by Chris76 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:35 pm

thequeenJ wrote:

Do u guys still remember how ppl diss Bolden on this Broad due to his Summer Leauge Performance :lol:

He did look bad in the summer league, almost unplayable.

Simmons, Bolden, and Embiid are a difficult group for teams to matchup with. PFs have to guard Bolden, which leaves a smaller player on Simmons, which he abuses.
GuideDog
Junior
And1: 138

Post#353 » by GuideDog » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:08 pm

I hope Bolden gets playing time to develop his game. His ceiling seems high. When Embiid started there was lots of concerns about his propensity to foul and he fixed that problem. If Bolden can win the starting PF spot by playoffs time we are going to be a freakishly good defensive team.

I got high hopes for Shamet and Shake too! If these guys develop into meaningful contributors it will take some of the sting out of the Fultz debacle!
BoomBap
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#354 » by BoomBap » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 pm

I hope he starts against the Nuggets.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#355 » by thenbaman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Whenever you can roll out embiid,bolden simmons butler and brewer
you are going to be a very good d team.
Damo25
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#356 » by Damo25 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 am

Bolden has been quite look off the bench playing limited minutes, should see more against Nuggets with Embiid and Chandler out, will be tough against Jokic but let’s see how he goes
phillychuck
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#357 » by phillychuck » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 pm

Injury has slowed him down; wonder if he'll get minutes tonight vs. GS?
XDevilBoiX
Head Coach
And1: 2,481

Post#358 » by XDevilBoiX » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm

phillychuck wrote:Injury has slowed him down; wonder if he'll get minutes tonight vs. GS?

He’s the backup C, he’ll play. The old dinosaur is not available tonight for personal reasons.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#359 » by Chris76 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:40 pm

Bolden's defense is underrated. Besides the silly fouls, his length and mobility let's him be disruptive.

Unfortunately with Boban' s injury, Bolden should get the center backup minutes. I was hoping to see him at PF with Embiid and Simmons.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#360 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:17 pm

After last night, do you think Bolden becomes a regular in our rotation?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba

Return to Philadelphia 76ers