ImageImageImageImageImage

A Tech Guy with a Jumper - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#601 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 8, 2019 11:31 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Spence was on the Woj pod this week. You guys should give it a listen. It gives a good perspective on the type of player he is.

He's smart and super like-able. Glad he's locked up for another couple years.

That was a great episode, not just because he's a Net. Would have been a favorite for me even if I wasn't a Nets fan.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#602 » by kamaze » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:37 am

Spencer Dinwiddie has come off the bench in 38 of the 42 games he's played this season and ranks second in the NBA among reserves in points per game (17.6), assists per game (5.1), 3-point field goals made (75) and free throws made (159). He's also third in free throws attempted (198). Dinwiddie leads the league with eight 25-point games off the bench, including the two highest scoring performances -- 39 points at Philadelphia on Dec. 12 and 37 points vs. Charlotte on Dec. 26.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#603 » by MGrand15 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Dinwiddie seems to be struggling over his role since Napier was reinserted in to the rotation. He disagreed with Kenny saying that he was in slump which sort of suggests it's something else. He even talked about how he was focused on guarding Kawhi instead of scoring (ridiculous defensive assignment) and that he would talk to Kenny about the comments.

With Russell and Napier doing so much when they're in the game, I'm sure he feels like he's not getting the chance to be the primary ball handler at all. Hopefully they figure it out.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#604 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:20 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Dinwiddie seems to be struggling over his role since Napier was reinserted in to the rotation. He disagreed with Kenny saying that he was in slump which sort of suggests it's something else. He even talked about how he was focused on guarding Kawhi instead of scoring (ridiculous defensive assignment) and that he would talk to Kenny about the comments.

With Russell and Napier doing so much when they're in the game, I'm sure he feels like he's not getting the chance to be the primary ball handler at all. Hopefully they figure it out.

i dont think it has anything to do with napier... he is getting the same shots and the same FGA/touches it just hasnt been consisntetly going down. which is to be expected considering what a high level he was playing at (60+ TS% for an 18ppg player is rarified air)
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#605 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Dinwiddie seems to be struggling over his role since Napier was reinserted in to the rotation. He disagreed with Kenny saying that he was in slump which sort of suggests it's something else. He even talked about how he was focused on guarding Kawhi instead of scoring (ridiculous defensive assignment) and that he would talk to Kenny about the comments.

i dont think it has anything to do with napier... he is getting the same shots and the same FGA/touches it just hasnt been consisntetly going down. which is to be expected considering what a high level he was playing at (60+ TS% for an 18ppg player is rarified air)

Might just be in a little slump, I can imagine some guys can't wait until the all star beak to get a little rest. Remember last year Din looked fatigued and didn't play well at the end of the season.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#606 » by MGrand15 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:

His shot attempts are definitely down since Napier jumped back in the rotation.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#607 » by Prokorov » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:16 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

you've got a point... thy are down a bit, even if you remove the throw-away celtics game. still ont think it has anything to do with napier... maybe more fatigue? we'll see
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#608 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

you've got a point... thy are down a bit, even if you remove the throw-away celtics game. still ont think it has anything to do with napier... maybe more fatigue? we'll see

It may be a bit correlated to Napier. We know Dinwiddie-DLo don't light it up together. Dinwiddie struggles off the ball. He's at his best surrounded by defenders and shooters, when everything runs through him. It's why I was always viewed Russell as the better long term fit, and don't like the 2 FAs plus start Din dream. If we land a star, our PG will be off the ball a lot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#609 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 pm

I think having Russell shift to the two guard when Dinwiddie is in should be the obvious answer. Dinwiddie stands around too munch when he's playing the off guard.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#610 » by MGrand15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Yeah I think fatigue + scouting is definitely part of it. Some down games were also natural after how good he played before. Hopefully he picks it up.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#611 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:41 am

Bookkeeping
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#612 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:35 pm

Damn. They're evaluating Dinwiddie for a thumb injury. Possible surgery needed. Could be out 4-6 weeks. Pretty sure he's been playing with this injury for a while so I guess we'll how the team handles this.

Huge blow to the squad. Dinwiddie has been playing at near all star level. Napier is a fine back up but this will be tough to weather.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#613 » by Shark » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Napier is going to have to step big-time. Not a big fan of his play so far this season.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#614 » by kamaze » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#615 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:20 am

MGrand15 wrote:Damn. They're evaluating Dinwiddie for a thumb injury. Possible surgery needed. Could be out 4-6 weeks. Pretty sure he's been playing with this injury for a while so I guess we'll how the team handles this.

Huge blow to the squad. Dinwiddie has been playing at near all star level. Napier is a fine back up but this will be tough to weather.

This happened yesterday. He fell and got up holding his hand. Played through it.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#616 » by kamaze » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:31 am

Gonna miss him badly.

17 pts per game on 60% true shooting.

For comparison D Russell is scoring 19 pts per game on 53% true shooting.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#617 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:30 pm

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#618 » by moonpie » Fri Mar 1, 2019 2:27 am