ImageImageImage

Cavs Regular Season

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavs Regular Season 

Post#321 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 8, 2019 8:12 pm

Starting to think Love is going to miss another month by his latest comments and honestly don't even care at this point they cannot recover from the trench they've dug into half way into the season so as far as I'm concerned he should just stay out all season retain the damn pick and hope they don't get screwed in the drawing
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#322 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 9:59 pm

Look at the odds for the bottom five teams, there's very little difference. I'm more concerned about the young players quitting or accepting losing. We're starting to get blown out on a nightly basis.
Stillwater wrote:Starting to think Love is going to miss another month by his latest comments and honestly don't even care at this point they cannot recover from the trench they've dug into half way into the season so as far as I'm concerned he should just stay out all season retain the damn pick and hope they don't get screwed in the drawing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#323 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 8, 2019 10:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Look at the odds for the bottom five teams, there's very little difference. I'm more concerned about the young players quitting or accepting losing. We're starting to get blown out on a nightly basis.
Stillwater wrote:Starting to think Love is going to miss another month by his latest comments and honestly don't even care at this point they cannot recover from the trench they've dug into half way into the season so as far as I'm concerned he should just stay out all season retain the damn pick and hope they don't get screwed in the drawing

yep 2nd halfs have been pretty bad.
I know with the odds changes they could still get a top 4 pick and just as easily get bumped from the top 4, but if they are getting bumped thats where the worst record guarantees you are at 5th at worse.
on a side note I wonder how much longer before Cavs agree to a new deal with McCaw now that he has cleared waivers...
There is actually nothing wrong with the way it has gone down for both parties esp if said contract is more than
the one he signed before they waived him. Some think Cavs just did him a favor and screwed the Warriors, but there still isn't any kind of tampering involved by making decisions and changing them only to change them again etc...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#324 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 10:03 pm

I'm kind of pissed that Nwaba is still out. We gave that guy a roster spot/guaranteed contract and he's barely played.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#325 » by JonFromVA » Tue Jan 8, 2019 10:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Maybe he finally ran out of $ [url]
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw[/url]
hey Cavs could bring him back for the tank... who knows maybe he would be like he was as a rookie once he gets paid :lol:
In all seriousness it good he's actually balling for once since College.Good for him

Do you remember Darnell Jackson? He was a late 2nd round pick of ours in the 2008 draft, and when sent down to the NBADL tore things up pretty easily.

Maybe AB can get another shot and catch on to a team, but alas, putting up numbers in the NBADL still isn't much of a benchmark. My wild guess is he burned through his money from his rookie contract ($16M!!!), and finally has something to play for.
if you look closely at my post I was being sarcastic of course it isn't going to work for him at the next level he hasn't shown that it will...but I think it is good that he's actually got good numbers for once even if it is only the g league. A lot of people forget did this guy has severe sleep apnea going from a college regimen to a 82 game season big difference. I always thought money played through the shoulder injury in college before getting surgery that summer showed toughness but it apparently showed he just wanted to get paid because he came to camp out of shape with a unhealed shoulder and it definitely effected his shot. Didn't stop him from jacking them up and missing almost all. That was Mike brown telling him keep firing ...bad advice roundmound to roundmound .
The thing that killed him aside from bad coach bad situation over pick pressure and off season surgery was absolutely sleep apnea which despite being manageable requires CPAP which is not practical for team travel

Yeah, apparently I was responding to "JA" ... oh well, pitfalls of re-quoting.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#326 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:05 am

So after all that about McCaw wanting playing time he's going to sign with the best team in the East and not get any playing time.
League minimum no less...
all that tells me is he never wanted playing time he just expected Golden State to match and then didn't want to be in Cleveland at all once they didn't so CLE released his disgruntled ass before his deal was locked in. can't hardly blame them I guess if playing time isn't what matters to him as definitely would have gotten more in Cleveland.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#327 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:So after all that about McCaw wanting playing time he's going to sign with the best team in the East and not get any playing time.
League minimum no less...
all that tells me is he never wanted playing time he just expected Golden State to match and then didn't want to be in Cleveland at all once they didn't so CLE released his disgruntled ass before his deal was locked in. can't hardly blame them I guess if playing time isn't what matters to him as definitely would have gotten more in Cleveland.

Or maybe he just settled for the only guaranteed NBA money on the table. Nobody would offer him a deal as a RFA except the Cavs (and that was double non-guaranteed) and nobody wanted him even with that deal via waivers.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#328 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#329 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course they didn't what a weak ass move by GSW
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#330 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 am

Stillwater
RealGM

Post#331 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:46 pm

Headline says Cavs have no interest in trading Kevin Love
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252343/Cavaliers-Have-No-Interest-In-Trading-Kevin-Love
but the article only references his comments about wanting to play in CLE.
I think this could be posturing depending on the source if teams are calling about him hoping to dump salaries with meh picks in exchange for his giant contract, which the Cavs would not do.
I think if at minimum 1 really good rookie scale player and a mid first was returned they might consider taking on the salary of a bad contract if said player would agree in principal to a buyout so they could latch on to a contender next season for cheap...
but no offer like that seems likely until this summer
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#332 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 15, 2019 6:29 pm

Stillwater wrote:Headline says Cavs have no interest in trading Kevin Love
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252343/Cavaliers-Have-No-Interest-In-Trading-Kevin-Love
but the article only references his comments about wanting to play in CLE.
I think this could be posturing depending on the source if teams are calling about him hoping to dump salaries with meh picks in exchange for his giant contract, which the Cavs would not do.
I think if at minimum 1 really good rookie scale player and a mid first was returned they might consider taking on the salary of a bad contract if said player would agree in principal to a buyout so they could latch on to a contender next season for cheap...
but no offer like that seems likely until this summer

They didn't exactly sign Kevin to a very tradeable contract. If there's a team desperate enough to send us some serious assets for Kevin, I'm sure we'll consider it; but there should be no doubt he re-signed here because he likes it here and we like him here.

There's also no question that our young players play better when Kevin can actually play. That in itself is valuable in numerous ways.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers