Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#981 » by LloydFree » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Brandon Ingram... SMH.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,995

Post#982 » by spikeslovechild » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:22 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Trading Embiid was never my goal. Acquiring Towns was. Embiid is just the price for doing business. There's not a single other player in the league I'd move Embiid for. I just think that highly of Towns and his ridiculous skill level.

You are nuts Towns plays 0 defense and puts up empty stats. The skilset maybe there but the effort isn't. I'd take Embiid all day every day over Towns.

Towns would make a nice PF though next to a center which plays actual defense.

Towns is soft and mentally weak. Whole league knows it. He gets destroyed repeatedly by elite bigs or often even good ones on the defensive end.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#983 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm

3 Team trade:

Sixers trade: Mike Muscala, Markelle Fultz and Chicago’s 2019 2nd round pick
Sixers Receive: Terrence Ross and Jaymichael Green

Orlando Trades: Terrence Ross, Jonathon Simmons and OKC 2020 1st
Orlando Receives: Markelle Fultz and Omri Casspi

Memphis Trades: Jaymichael Green and Omri Casspi
Memphis Receives: Jonathan Simmons, Mike Muscala, OKC 2020 1st and Chicago 2019 2nd round pick
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,750

Post#984 » by the_process » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:07 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:3 Team trade:

Memphis Receives: Jonathan Simmons, Mike Muscala, OKC 2020 1st and Chicago 2019 2nd round pick

Not sure ORL does that, but it's definitely worth calling about.
the_process
RealGM

Post#985 » by the_process » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:12 pm

So say the Sixers flip Butler to HOU for Knight, Chriss, and 3 unprotected 1sts ('19, '21, and '23)... where can they send that HOU package out to in a 3-teamer and get the best return?

WSH? CHA? Some sort of package deal from ATL? Any other suggestions?
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#986 » by PhillyFan11 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm

the_process wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:3 Team trade:

Not sure ORL does that, but it's definitely worth calling about.

Guess it would depend on what kind of market there is on Ross and his expiring deal. And obviously what value Orlando has on Fultz and his medicals plays a huge factor.
But the OKC pick is top 20 protected (goes to 2 seconds in ‘21) and I figured getting Memphis to take Simmons’ $6M cap hit next year would hold some value as well.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#987 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Sixers get:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

Knicks get future picks and an expiring contract for a PG who doesn't fit and their rental PF.

Sixers get a plug and play PF who fits and upgrades the spot plus adds depth, along with a potential perimeter defender who may turn into something, is on a rookie deal and is 20 years old. Makes trading Markelle a little more palatable from a PR standpoint. And Sixers don't need Muscala with Bolden handling backup C duties and Patton returning from injury soon.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#988 » by BowlRips » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:32 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:Sixers get:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

Knicks get future picks and an expiring contract for a PG who doesn't fit and their rental PF.

Sixers get a plug and play PF who fits and upgrades the spot plus adds depth, along with a potential perimeter defender who may turn into something, is on a rookie deal and is 20 years old. Makes trading Markelle a little more palatable from a PR standpoint. And Sixers don't need Muscala with Bolden handling backup C duties and Patton returning from injury soon.

Just curious what would you guys give up straight for Noah Vonleh?
Would you consider a Vonleh/Lee package?
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#989 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

Doutbful unless we are resigned to not being able to get a free agent next off-season. Lee significantly limits the Sixers ability to offer a max to anyone in addition to signing Butler.

So my guess is no, but depends on what else is included.
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#990 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:29 am

BowlRips wrote:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

I'm only interested in Vonleh if a 2nd will get it done. Between Simmons, Chandler, Muscala, and Bolden, we've got enough to cover at the 5. I'm much more interested in another wing defender.

And I'd need to be paid to take on Lee.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#991 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:32 pm

BullyKing wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

I'm only interested in Vonleh if a 2nd will get it done. Between Simmons, Chandler, Muscala, and Bolden, we've got enough to cover at the 5. I'm much more interested in another wing defender.

And I'd need to be paid to take on Lee.

Sixers 100% need a better starting 4. Chandler and Muscala are mediocre bench players
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#992 » by Samson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:36 pm

I am very interested in Vonleh. I have been a huge fan of his for a long time.

Hinkie tried to trade up for him. If you go back and watch the video from the Sacramento Kings' draft night 2014, they initially tried to convince Hinkie to trade down (so the Kings could get Embiid, which Hinkie obviously turned down.) -- However, what Hinkie REALLY wanted was them to trade their 8th pick for our 10th and 2 2nd rd picks, which we'd then use to take Vonleh. However, Sacramento passed -- their GM was ticked we didn't let them fleece us for Embiid, and their owner was enamored with Stauskas. So they refuse the trade, they take Stauskas, and just like Hinkie knew would happen, Charlotte took Vonleh one spot above us. This of course led to us trading down again, for what became Saric and the return of a previously-traded-future-1st-round-pick.

NOW, I would love to add Noah Vonleh as our PF. Super athletic and able to play a little bit of everywhere and do a little bit of everything, with tremendous technical skills and throw-back 4 ability.

If we signed Jimmy Butler long-term, then resigned Simmons (although some people are pointing out that he's already made the decision to move to LA to 'be with Kendall Jenner & LeBron') and resigned Vonleh , our starting 4/5 would be set for the next 4-5 years ...

And the fact that 76ers immediately came out with strong denials on Vonleh tells me they're ticked, because they're in negotiations. They are probably worried the Knicks would say, "We were going to take that 2nd round pick but now we want your 1st..."
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#993 » by Benfitnyc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Samson wrote:I am very interested in Vonleh. I have been a huge fan of his for a long time.

Hinkie tried to trade up for him. If you go back and watch the video from the Sacramento Kings' draft night 2014, they initially tried to convince Hinkie to trade down (so the Kings could get Embiid, which Hinkie obviously turned down.) -- However, what Hinkie REALLY wanted was them to trade their 8th pick for our 10th and 2 2nd rd picks, which we'd then use to take Vonleh. However, Sacramento passed -- their GM was ticked we didn't let them fleece us for Embiid, and their owner was enamored with Stauskas. So they refuse the trade, they take Stauskas, and just like Hinkie knew would happen, Charlotte took Vonleh one spot above us. This of course led to us trading down again, for what became Saric and the return of a previously-traded-future-1st-round-pick.

NOW, I would love to add Noah Vonleh as our PF. Super athletic and able to play a little bit of everywhere and do a little bit of everything, with tremendous technical skills and throw-back 4 ability.

If we signed Jimmy Butler long-term, then resigned Simmons (although some people are pointing out that he's already made the decision to move to LA to 'be with Kendall Jenner & LeBron') and resigned Vonleh , our starting 4/5 would be set for the next 4-5 years ...

And the fact that 76ers immediately came out with strong denials on Vonleh tells me they're ticked, because they're in negotiations. They are probably worried the Knicks would say, "We were going to take that 2nd round pick but now we want your 1st..."

If the Knicks are asking for a 1st rounder for Vonleh then EB can tell them to kick rocks. The Bulls 2nd rounder or 2 2nds should suffice.
I like Vonleh but I'm a bigger fan of Bobby Portis and would give up more for him. I think he stretches the court better than Vonleh and is a great back-up for Joel in small ball with Ben on the court. I believe we'd also have Bird Rights with Portis as a restricted FA and not the same flexibility with Vonleh.
the_process
RealGM

Post#994 » by the_process » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:35 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Noah Vonleh
Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get:
Mike Muscala
PHI 2019 1st
NYK 2021 2nd

NYK gets Chandler and Fultz
PHI gets Ntilikina, Vonleh, Lee, and 2019 1st (lotto protected '19 & '20, then '23 and '24 2nds)
Samson
Assistant Coach

Post#995 » by Samson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Not sure if you guys realize how amazing he's been playing this year. The Knicks can *easily* get a 1st round pick for him, I believe right now they're gathering their offers because there's over a month till deadline. The bidding will just keep going up. I would strike while the iron is hot.
PhillyFan11
Rookie

Post#996 » by PhillyFan11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Benfitnyc wrote:
Samson wrote:I am very interested in Vonleh. I have been a huge fan of his for a long time.

If the Knicks are asking for a 1st rounder for Vonleh then EB can tell them to kick rocks. The Bulls 2nd rounder or 2 2nds should suffice.
I like Vonleh but I'm a bigger fan of Bobby Portis and would give up more for him. I think he stretches the court better than Vonleh and is a great back-up for Joel in small ball with Ben on the court. I believe we'd also have Bird Rights with Portis as a restricted FA and not the same flexibility with Vonleh.

I like Portis too so no argument there...but I wouldn’t be so worried about a 1st round pick at this point. Obviously you still want to remain smart and not take any chances by protecting the pick, but I don’t think the Sixers should be particularly concerned with trading 1st round pick in the 25-32 range. Adding a guy like Vonleh/Portis for a top 20-25 protected 1st + Patton not only makes the starting lineup a lot better, but it strengthens the bench by kicking Chandler to a 20 min a night bench role where he belongs. Vonleh + a 3 and D bench guy and i honestly think this team has a fair shot vs anyone in the East.

Only downside I see is a trade like that could possibly hamper depth down the line, but to me the Sixers should be making moves with short term championships in mind...not worrying about the 8th/9th guys in the rotation in 2021
Benfitnyc
Junior
And1: 119

Post#997 » by Benfitnyc » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:26 pm

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Benfitnyc wrote:

I like Portis too so no argument there...but I wouldn’t be so worried about a 1st round pick at this point. Obviously you still want to remain smart and not take any chances by protecting the pick, but I don’t think the Sixers should be particularly concerned with trading 1st round pick in the 25-32 range. Adding a guy like Vonleh/Portis for a top 20-25 protected 1st + Patton not only makes the starting lineup a lot better, but it strengthens the bench by kicking Chandler to a 20 min a night bench role where he belongs. Vonleh + a 3 and D bench guy and i honestly think this team has a fair shot vs anyone in the East.

Only downside I see is a trade like that could possibly hamper depth down the line, but to me the Sixers should be making moves with short term championships in mind...not worrying about the 8th/9th guys in the rotation in 2021

Agreed regarding willing to unload our 1st but I’d just prefer it for Portis & not Vonleh. Portis has bird rights. And I think Patton is someone we plan on actually utilizing as Joel’s back up and to play 8-12 mins. He’s due back early February.
nrok10307
Junior
And1: 189

Post#998 » by nrok10307 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Samson wrote:Not sure if you guys realize how amazing he's been playing this year. The Knicks can *easily* get a 1st round pick for him, I believe right now they're gathering their offers because there's over a month till deadline. The bidding will just keep going up. I would strike while the iron is hot.

Good teams don't throw away first round picks for expirings. Vonleh will barely move the needle in the playoffs and we wouldn't have his bird rights or have him locked in in the future.

If a team is dumb enough to trade a first for Vonleh, then good for the Knicks.
Samson
Assistant Coach

Post#999 » by Samson » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm

PhillyFan11]

Only downside I see is a trade like that could possibly hamper depth down the line, but to me the Sixers should be making moves with short term championships in mind...not worrying about the 8th/9th guys in the rotation in 2021[/quote]

Very well said, this is a great post. I however think Vonleh is much more of an asset on the team (especially long-term if resigned) but your post as a whole is very smart, sensible, and applicable.

[quote="nrok10307 wrote:
Good teams don't throw away first round picks for expirings. Vonleh will barely move the needle in the playoffs and we wouldn't have his bird rights or have him locked in in the future.

I take the point about Bird Rights, but other than that I'm sorry I disagree. We're not "throwing away first round picks for expirings" here.. We'd be trading one pick, presumably at the very bottom of the 1st round of the draft, for a former, recent, top-10 lottery pick that has played LIGHTS OUT this year, whom we as a team were desperately seeking to acquire on Draft Day, and would slot in PERFECTLY in our Starting Lineup now and in the future.

That is not dumb, brother. It's how Championship lineups are made. Do you realize how much tinkering and bamboozling that the Heat, Warriors, and Cavs have done, had to do, in order to win their Championships ? Considerable amounts. This is *precisely* the type of thing we'd need to do in order to make that next-level run. I am not sure what game you're watching about "barely move the needle", I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1000 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Samson wrote:
PhillyFan11]

Only downside I see is a trade like that could possibly hamper depth down the line, but to me the Sixers should be making moves with short term championships in mind...not worrying about the 8th/9th guys in the rotation in 2021[/quote]

Very well said, this is a great post. I however think Vonleh is much more of an asset on the team (especially long-term if resigned) but your post as a whole is very smart, sensible, and applicable.

[quote="nrok10307 wrote:

I take the point about Bird Rights, but other than that I'm sorry I disagree. We're not "throwing away first round picks for expirings" here.. We'd be trading one pick, presumably at the very bottom of the 1st round of the draft, for a former, recent, top-10 lottery pick that has played LIGHTS OUT this year, whom we as a team were desperately seeking to acquire on Draft Day, and would slot in PERFECTLY in our Starting Lineup now and in the future.

That is not dumb, brother. It's how Championship lineups are made. Do you realize how much tinkering and bamboozling that the Heat, Warriors, and Cavs have done, had to do, in order to win their Championships ? Considerable amounts. This is *precisely* the type of thing we'd need to do in order to make that next-level run. I am not sure what game you're watching about "barely move the needle", I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

Then sign him in the offseason? You're acting like its a sure thing that these couple months of Vonleh are the new norm going forward and not the four prior years of crappiness.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers