ImageImageImage

General Boston Sports Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Re: General Boston Sports Thread 

Post#1481 » by London2Boston » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN IT WAS OVER WHEN HE POSTED THIS!

WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN!!!!!!!!

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#1482 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:50 pm

It's time for Tomy to go for 6!!! I hope he gets it done this year and next and retires a winner... But he can prolly play till he's 46 if he wanted to.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#1483 » by FlatearthZorro » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 pm

London2Boston wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN IT WAS OVER WHEN HE POSTED THIS!

WE SHOULD'VE KNOWN!!!!!!!!

Two GOATs in the same video. GOAT player and GOAT TE.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#1484 » by Turgon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Read on Twitter

"Patrick, I am your father!
Come to NE and fulfill your destiny."
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#1485 » by 31to6 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:How **** strong is Edelman? Dude takes the biggest shots in the game and just gets right up and makes life miserable for the defense.

I’m so happy for Gronk. If this really is the last dance with him what a way it will be if he wins the super bowl. Incredible player, even though his body is slowing down he’s still as strong as ever against some of these lineman’s. That catch towards the end of regulation and then on third down in overtime were amazing.

Brady, Belichick, Edelman, and Gronk...man never ever going to see anything like this again. Brady’s magic is **** something else in the clutch. I wonder how big his balls are because nobody in the nfl is even close to match his ability in the big games.

Edelman is one of the clutchest **** of all time. One of the studio guys says he has to be considered a future HOF guy now and I’m like yup, about time. I couldn’t believe none of his fingers touched that bouncing kickoff on replay — but since it’s him, I wasn’t at all surprised. Kudos to Brady and Bill but they’re not doing this alone — totally amazing team effort, including the best blocking game any team had all season last night!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Turgon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,607

Post#1486 » by Turgon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:18 pm

The Chiefs should consider hiring Romo as their new defensive coordinator. I mean, I know I'm not as familiar with football as most of you are but I was listening to him and he nailed every. single. call.

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM

Post#1487 » by 31to6 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Turgon wrote:The Chiefs should consider hiring Romo as their new defensive coordinator. I mean, I know I'm not as familiar with football as most of you are but I was listening to him and he nailed every. single. call.

Read on Twitter

in OT he thought Gronk was going out but they ran a play they just put in that morning to have him slant in.

Sorry Romo: F-- better luck next time.
(kidding, he's awesome, though honestly some run plays are obvious as is Edelman in the middle of the field but yeah he's still awesome)
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#1488 » by truth18 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Turgon wrote:The Chiefs should consider hiring Romo as their new defensive coordinator. I mean, I know I'm not as familiar with football as most of you are but I was listening to him and he nailed every. single. call.

Read on Twitter

Other guys can do that as well, including people of the streets. It's impressive but it's not what makes Romo good.

Romo's broadcasting talent is in his genuine enthusiasm for the game. You can hear him smiling and feel his heart beating in the intense parts of the game. He is also extremely concise and precise in his observation/comments. He seems to already be mastering the art of calling out the refs without actually saying as much at an early point. Dude might go down as the GOAT color broadcaster in any sport if he does this for the rest of his career.
YOU LOSE
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#1489 » by UNCBlue012 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:36 pm

The Patriots are a remarkable organization. This is their worst team in years and they still find ways to make the big game. Unbelievable.
31to6
RealGM

Post#1490 » by 31to6 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:41 pm

UNCBlue012 wrote:The Patriots are a remarkable organization. This is their worst team in years and they still find ways to make the big game. Unbelievable.

yeah, I was thinking about how that Falcons team the Pats came back against was good. But heard from ever again? No.
That Seahawks team was looking like something special. That SB loss was pretty much the end of them.
Last year's Eagles had some special sauce and talked it up after beating the Pats. Cool rally to earn the last wildcard spot this year, guys.

Empires have risen and fallen since this Brady/Belichick reign began. Donovan McNabb, both Manning brothers, twerking, the whole Kardashian thing -- remarkable that they just keep going.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#1491 » by truth18 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:44 pm

31to6 wrote:
UNCBlue012 wrote:The Patriots are a remarkable organization. This is their worst team in years and they still find ways to make the big game. Unbelievable.

yeah, I was thinking about how that Falcons team the Pats came back against was good. But heard from ever again? No.
That Seahawks team was looking like something special. That SB loss was pretty much the end of them.
Last year's Eagles had some special sauce and talked it up after beating the Pats. Cool rally to earn the last wildcard spot this year, guys.

Empires have risen and fallen since this Brady/Belichick reign began. Donovan McNabb, both Manning brothers, twerking, the whole Kardashian thing -- remarkable that they just keep going.

The Eagles will unfortunately be fine and overachieved again this year with their injuries. Russel Wilson is still incredibly special. Agreed on the Falcons and the last paragraph.
YOU LOSE
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,485

Post#1492 » by canman1971 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:11 pm

I always give congrats to the Pats as most of my friends and family are huge fans. If only the players I met when I was 11 were nicer to me, I'd probably be a fan, however I told them I could never root for them ever. And they were a bunch of JAGs, but I am a stubborn little prick sometimes. Then, fate pushed me to the Dolphins. And while a division rival, I can only hope the Fins somehow, some way find a way to have the success of the Pats of the past 19 years. Hopefully Flores will bring some type of stability to what has become an embarrassing organization from the owner down to some of the players. Good luck in the Bowl. My gut tells me #6 is on the horizon.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,311

Post#1493 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:45 pm

truth18 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Other guys can do that as well, including people of the streets. It's impressive but it's not what makes Romo good.

Romo's broadcasting talent is in his genuine enthusiasm for the game. You can hear him smiling and feel his heart beating in the intense parts of the game. He is also extremely concise and precise in his observation/comments. He seems to already be mastering the art of calling out the refs without actually saying as much at an early point. Dude might go down as the GOAT color broadcaster in any sport if he does this for the rest of his career.

Maybe Brady should go that route... after he retires with 4 more titles.

Not enough mea culpas in this thread. Might have to nuke some folks lol.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#1494 » by canman1971 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Guys please keep anything Patriots, or any other New England team here. This is a Celtics forum, and many of the posters aren't necessarily Boston fans across the board. Thanks.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1495 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 pm

London2Boston wrote:

Hey, what's this board's opinion on a Niners fan (who, coincidentally also happens to be a huge Celtics fan) who wants to jump ship and root for the Pats, because Tom Brady is the GOAT, and also because he doesn't like hanging out with Niners fans because they happen to be Warriors fans? Asking for a friend.
galipeautim
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#1496 » by galipeautim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:45 pm

31to6 wrote:

We can thank the Eagles for our 11th Super Bowl appearance. If they didn’t beat Houston in Week 16 we would have lost our bye and any realistic shot at reaching the big game.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1497 » by ViperGTS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:05 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:It's time for Tomy to go for 6!!! I hope he gets it done this year and next and retires a winner... But he can prolly play till he's 46 if he wanted to.

His Dad said last night no end in sight. 3-5 maybe more seeing how it goes. Said Tom loves it even more than he used to.
31to6
RealGM

Post#1498 » by 31to6 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:05 pm

galipeautim wrote:
31to6 wrote:

We can thank the Eagles for our 11th Super Bowl appearance. If they didn’t beat Houston in Week 16 we would have lost our bye and any realistic shot at reaching the big game.

Don't tell the Patriots they wouldn't have made it. But my point is great, good for the Eagles, and sure Russell Wilson is still good, but most teams make the SB once a decade if they're lucky and we're **** batting .500 over the last 18 years. In-con-ceiv-a-ble.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#1499 » by ViperGTS » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:08 pm

canman1971 wrote:Guys please keep anything Patriots, or any other New England team here. This is a Celtics forum, and many of the posters aren't necessarily Boston fans across the board. Thanks.

Agreed for the most part. But the Cs ARE a New England team. If the Bs’ or Pats make the championship...some leeway should be okay. Seeing how much each organization supports each other publicy no shame in posting about championship games.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#1500 » by canman1971 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:23 pm

ViperGTS wrote:
canman1971 wrote:Guys please keep anything Patriots, or any other New England team here. This is a Celtics forum, and many of the posters aren't necessarily Boston fans across the board. Thanks.

Agreed for the most part. But the Cs ARE a New England team. If the Bs’ or Pats make the championship...some leeway should be okay. Seeing how much each organization supports each other publicy no shame in posting about championship games.

Totally understand which is why this thread was created.

Return to Boston Celtics