RealGM
And1: 22,685

Re: Wisconsin Herd Thread 

Post#861 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:05 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
karson39 wrote:Wood is Giannis lite I said it first

He's more Jabari.

Looks more like Hakim Warrick to me.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#862 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:45 pm

If you don't think Bud and the Bucks coaches notice or care how bad the Herd have been all season then I'd realign that. Bud is one of the most attention to detail dudes I've ever witnessed. He clearly believes the little, disciplined things are the difference between wins and losses. If he thought Christian Wood would help the team win don't you Woodheads think he'd be playing? Bud has proven he'll play anyone. If Christian Wood was as dominant as his numbers suggest the Herd would't have been (by far) the worst team in the league all season. On paper they have top tier (G-league) talent.

I hope we can get something for him.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#863 » by buckbeer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 am

The Herd won the game where Wood put up 34 points and 23 rebounds with 3 blocks in 26 minutes, you are mistaken if you think Wood didn't help the Herd win that game. I think if you replace Wood with Thon in that game, the Herd would have lost badly.

I'd rather trade Thon than Wood. Bucks should give Wood the same opportunity to play just like DJ Wilson.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,962

Post#864 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:35 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:If you don't think Bud and the Bucks coaches notice or care how bad the Herd have been all season then I'd realign that. Bud is one of the most attention to detail dudes I've ever witnessed. He clearly believes the little, disciplined things are the difference between wins and losses. If he thought Christian Wood would help the team win don't you Woodheads think he'd be playing? Bud has proven he'll play anyone. If Christian Wood was as dominant as his numbers suggest the Herd would't have been (by far) the worst team in the league all season. On paper they have top tier (G-league) talent.

Read on Twitter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#865 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:51 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:If you don't think Bud and the Bucks coaches notice or care how bad the Herd have been all season then I'd realign that. Bud is one of the most attention to detail dudes I've ever witnessed. He clearly believes the little, disciplined things are the difference between wins and losses. If he thought Christian Wood would help the team win don't you Woodheads think he'd be playing? Bud has proven he'll play anyone. If Christian Wood was as dominant as his numbers suggest the Herd would't have been (by far) the worst team in the league all season. On paper they have top tier (G-league) talent.

Read on Twitter

Yeah, the age old "player tweets his takeaway from private conversation with coach promising future playing time." Mark of all the greats. I'm sure Bud appreciated that, reminded him of Duncan. We'll see.

I've watched more Herd basketball than I'm even comfortable acknowledging in a Wisconsin Herd thread on RealGM. Of course I hope Wood is a good NBA player for my favorite team on his minimum contract. Just not seeing it.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#866 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah, the age old "player tweets his takeaway from private conversation with coach promising future playing time." Mark of all the greats. I'm sure Bud appreciated that, reminded him of Duncan. We'll see.

I've watched more Herd basketball than I'm even comfortable acknowledging in a Wisconsin Herd thread on RealGM. Of course I hope Wood is a good NBA player for my favorite team on his minimum contract. Just not seeing it.

G League basketball is so tough to watch, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. It’s bad basketball
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#867 » by LuessiT » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm

On most of his moves he overpowers his defender. That won't happen in the NBA. I believe in Wood but Thon is more useful to the Bucks right now than Wood and Wood is more important to the Herd than Thon.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,560

Post#868 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm

buckbeer wrote:The Herd won the game where Wood put up 34 points and 23 rebounds with 3 blocks in 26 minutes, you are mistaken if you think Wood didn't help the Herd win that game. I think if you replace Wood with Thon in that game, the Herd would have lost badly.

I'd rather trade Thon than Wood. Bucks should give Wood the same opportunity to play just like DJ Wilson.

If Thon played regularly for the Herd instead of Wood, they'd actually play defense and wouldn't be the worst team in the G-League.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#869 » by buckbeer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:11 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
buckbeer wrote:The Herd won the game where Wood put up 34 points and 23 rebounds with 3 blocks in 26 minutes, you are mistaken if you think Wood didn't help the Herd win that game. I think if you replace Wood with Thon in that game, the Herd would have lost badly.

If Thon played regularly for the Herd instead of Wood, they'd actually play defense and wouldn't be the worst team in the G-League.

I doubt it, I think the Herd will be worse if they replace Wood with Thon. But I do hope the Bucks call up Wood and send Thon to the Herd.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#870 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:
karson39 wrote:Wood is Giannis lite I said it first

He's more Jabari.

If Warrick were as tall as Wood, he would've been a helluva player. What Wood needs to do is cut down the turnovers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#871 » by TroyD92 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:16 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

You really like pushing this narrative that Thon is good at basketball. It's perplexing
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#872 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:51 am

Ruzious wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:He's more Jabari.

If Warrick were as tall as Wood, he would've been a helluva player. What Wood needs to do is cut down the turnovers.

Warrick sucked and being a few inches taller wouldn't have changed much. Much like Wood he was an elite ball stopper with limited range, a lack of any real go-to moves in the post and an almost comical aversion towards the defensive end.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#873 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Looks more like Hakim Warrick to me.

Warrick sucked and being a few inches taller wouldn't have changed much. Much like Wood he was an elite ball stopper with limited range, a lack of any real go-to moves in the post and an almost comical aversion towards the defensive end.

With his athleticism, being 6'11 instead of 6'8, he could have been a dynamic defender, and he'd be a center, and in his era centers not having range wouldn't have mattered much.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#874 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:31 am

Ruzious wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:If Warrick were as tall as Wood, he would've been a helluva player. What Wood needs to do is cut down the turnovers.

With his athleticism, being 6'11 instead of 6'8, he could have been a dynamic defender, and he'd be a center, and in his era centers not having range wouldn't have mattered much.

He could've been a dynamic defender at 6'8 like many players before and after him but he wasn't because he as dumb as **** and rather put more attribute points to raise his post scoring to 80. If you wanna play the era game go ahead, but Hakim Warrick's skillset would have limited him from being a largely effective player in just about any era. 6'10 or w/e Hakim Warrick is basically Chris Wilcox or something.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Post#875 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:57 am

Ruzious wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:If Warrick were as tall as Wood, he would've been a helluva player. What Wood needs to do is cut down the turnovers.

Yeah, we are probably fighting over what a helluva player is. Warrick played 530 NBA games as a solid end of bench guy. Probably and above average starting center if he was 6'11"

I'm willing bet Wood never reaches 250 NBA games.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#876 » by H2tObes » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 pm

Christian Wood deserves a chance over Thon as the 15th man. That's been my sentiment all season and it won't change until I see the proof that he is worse than Thon at the NBA level.

If you're like me and genuinely believe Thon is one of the worst players in the NBA, then it's perfectly fine to want Wood to be given a simple chance. You think people would have said nice things about DJ before given a chance? Nah, he would have been straight trashed by everybody on here.

If Wood can get on the same page mentally as Bud, then he will be a massive upgrade over Thon Maker. If he sucks then he sucks, whatever. If he can play then he might help us in the playoffs or with seeding. Giving him a try against a bad team one of these days would not hurt us
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Post#877 » by emunney » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Three in a row for the Herd. Recent moves (trade for Nick Johnson, waiving James Young) paying off.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#878 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:01 pm

emunney wrote:Three in a row for the Herd. Recent moves (trade for Nick Johnson, waiving James Young) paying off.

Perhaps the most instrumental being Colson. Quiet numbers last night (8 and 4) but a team high +25. He’s been really impactful.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#879 » by buckbeer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:10 pm

emunney wrote:Three in a row for the Herd. Recent moves (trade for Nick Johnson, waiving James Young) paying off.

Wood is basically the Herd's "Giannis" in the 3 wins:
34 pts, 23 rebs, 1 assist, 1 stl, 3 bs
33 pts, 12 rebs, 2 assist, 2 bs
28 pts, 15 rebs, 4 assist, 2 stl, 1 bs
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#880 » by bizarro » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Man, was at the Herd game last night. Middleton was just so disappointing. His numbers in Oshkosh don’t tell the story of his me-first selfish slovenly play.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks