Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#301 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:09 pm

Inspector General's Report
Key Takeaway
The total number of children separated from a parent or guardian by immigration authorities is unknown. Pursuant to a June 2018 Federal District Court order, HHS has thus far identified 2,737 children in its care at that time who were separated from their parents. However, thousands of children may have been separated during an influx that began in 2017, before the accounting required by the Court, and HHS has faced challenges in identifying separated children.

https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-BL-18-00511.pdf

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,547

Post#302 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Inspector General's Report
Key Takeaway
The total number of children separated from a parent or guardian by immigration authorities is unknown. Pursuant to a June 2018 Federal District Court order, HHS has thus far identified 2,737 children in its care at that time who were separated from their parents. However, thousands of children may have been separated during an influx that began in 2017, before the accounting required by the Court, and HHS has faced challenges in identifying separated children.

Read on Twitter

Her time is coming, don't worry. Lies under oath in front of a Democratic run House will land her in prison.

I have a feeling when this nightmare is over, her ass will end up in front of the Hague when the real horror stories come out.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#303 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:17 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#304 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:05 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

oh.

I don't think any more needs to be said about how much crap this dude is in. He knew this was coming, which is why the government is shut down. It has nothing to do with border security.

If I had to make a prediction, I would say that his next play at distraction will be to announce that he intends to withdraw the United States from NATO, which will wreak havoc across the globe. He'll continue to nervously do Putin's bidding like the cornered animal that he is until the Kremlin ghosts him. I don't say this to be alarmist, but Mitch McConnell seems content with letting him destroy the country all the way until the end of this nonsense, so I believe that some long term harm will come to us all as a whole before this is over. The economic repercussions are already underway.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#305 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

She knew.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#306 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Caught red handed with multiple felonies hanging over his head, guess what Bootleg Mussolini resorts to this morning?

Read on Twitter

If you guessed "racism and bigotry", you guessed correctly.

edit and he just committed another felony

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#307 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Inspector General's Report
Key Takeaway

Read on Twitter

ahem:

Read on Twitter

These people thought they were all invincible. When you're incapable of empathy and compassion, most likely you go about in life thinking that you're untouchable. She'd better reup on her xanax prescriptions while she still can, this is going to be a bad year for her.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#308 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:11 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jesus CHRIST.

Read on Twitter

The timing of this and yesterday's bombshell about the FBI opening a counterintelligence investigation into Trump being a Russian asset are probably not a coincidence. Something bad is coming, and I'm convinced that the government shutdown/wall nonsense are a distraction because Trump knew this was coming.

If Mueller hasn't subpoenaed the interpreters at these meetings, he needs to and so does the House Judiciary and Intel committees.

I wonder how long it'll take for Trump to realize Putin pulled off the biggest heist in American history by helping his campaign while simultaneously implicating his family in treasonous activity, and having in his possession a pee pee tape to slander, shame, and distance himself from Trump upon his demise

Take this for what you will

Read on Twitter

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#309 » by shakendfries » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:49 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Jesus CHRIST.

Read on Twitter

The timing of this and yesterday's bombshell about the FBI opening a counterintelligence investigation into Trump being a Russian asset are probably not a coincidence. Something bad is coming, and I'm convinced that the government shutdown/wall nonsense are a distraction because Trump knew this was coming.

If Mueller hasn't subpoenaed the interpreters at these meetings, he needs to and so does the House Judiciary and Intel committees.

I wonder how long it'll take for Trump to realize Putin pulled off the biggest heist in American history by helping his campaign while simultaneously implicating his family in treasonous activity, and having in his possession a pee pee tape to slander, shame, and distance himself from Trump upon his demise

Take this for what you will

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#310 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:25 am

There goes BuzzFeed's credibility:
Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#311 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:36 am

Rich Rane wrote:There goes BuzzFeed's credibility:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I saw this and resigned myself to waiting for the OSC's report. There are specific parties within the media that continue to muddy the waters (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and now Buzzfeed) and now I'm convinced it's on purpose. I'm good. Mueller's team didn't refute the entire report, but at this point it's not wise to really give Buzzfeed's reporting credence if Mueller's team went so far as to slap them down regarding certain aspects of their reporting. We need the truth. Period.

If the incoming attorney general blocks the report from being released, the Dem House can override the Justice Department to release it to the public. so I'm not really concerned.

The MSM has been tripping over themselves to reaffirm Trump's accusations about them. Journalism in the United States is beyond **** ed, its bad enough Fox News poisons Trump's base but crap like this really does a disservice to everyone. So when Trump wakes up from his adderall coma at 4am, guess what he's going to do? Attack the media's credibility.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#312 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:14 am

Read on Twitter

Keep in mind, this is the same guy that still thinks the Central Park 5 still deserve the death penalty despite being exonerated by DNA evidence.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#313 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Keep in mind, this is the same guy that still thinks the Central Park 5 still deserve the death penalty despite being exonerated by DNA evidence.

Trump views those neanderthals as his own version of Hitler Youth.

Read on Twitter

At this point, I'm perfectly fine with the guillotines being brought out for a whole lot of people in both the public and private sector and I don't care who gets upset at me for saying it. The less than 1% and their gatekeepers in the US government are plague upon this society.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#314 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Good morning.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Enjoy prison, traitor.

The fear emanating from the White House this morning can be smelled from miles away.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#315 » by gigantes » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:34 pm

This is an interesting one: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/24/new-secretary-state-ertel-dressed-blackface-halloween-2005/2669295002/

Apparently this GOP politician has a fine record of work helping protect voters' rights from what I'd call typical Republican - thug vote suppression tactics. An unusual combination, I'd say. But the reason he's in the news today is for losing his job over pics of him at a private Halloween party, two months after Katrina hit NOL.

Certainly it was a pretty sketchy decision-making on his part, one night long ago.

At the same time, seems like an interesting little insight in to the ruthlessness of politics, and maybe how the GOP works, internally. Who knows, but maybe a much worse Republican (or one of his allies) found a way to oust a legitimately progressive Republican via the leverage of a (completely disingenuous) PC objection?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#316 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:50 pm

gigantes wrote:This is an interesting one: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/24/new-secretary-state-ertel-dressed-blackface-halloween-2005/2669295002/

Apparently this GOP politician has a fine record of work helping protect voters' rights from what I'd call typical Republican - thug vote suppression tactics. An unusual combination, I'd say. But the reason he's in the news today is for losing his job over pics of him at a private Halloween party, two months after Katrina hit NOL.

Certainly it was a pretty sketchy decision-making on his part, one night long ago.

At the same time, seems like an interesting little insight in to the ruthlessness of politics, and maybe how the GOP works, internally. Who knows, but maybe a much worse Republican (or one of his allies) found a way to oust a legitimately progressive Republican via the leverage of a (completely disingenuous) PC objection?

People can change over time, I know I damn sure would love to go back and slap my younger self from 14 years ago if I could. But then again, I don't equate running around partying, sleeping around and smoking weed/binge drinking can be equated to dressing up in blackface and mocking the victims of a hurrcane that took the lives of several thousand people, but I digress.

It's a shame too, because there need to be more Republicans putting the country first over partisan nonsense.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#317 » by gigantes » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm

@Mr$B,
People can change, although this guy seems to have been a pretty standup guy since his career started, even before that party. That's why I was thinking this might have been a case of something else on his part, like trying to demonstrate that he's more than just a person who supports convicts' rights and black American rights. That he can poke fun at himself, or the situation, or either side. And for better or worse, that kind of thing can come off smartly or it can backfire belatedly, as in this case.

What I'm getting at is that poor judgement motivated by reasonable intentions can happen to any of us at almost any time, even for those of us who supposedly know better and know the rules of the game.

So IMO part of this gets back to the fact that this country still has kind of a judgmental, even Puritanical vibe. We tend to judge a person by extremes without much consideration for overall character, as if nothing will do but an unstained record of flawlessness, or something like that. Peasant / provincial thinking, one might also say.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#318 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Good morning.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Enjoy prison, traitor.

The fear emanating from the White House this morning can be smelled from miles away.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#319 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:30 pm

gigantes wrote:@Mr$B,
People can change, although this guy seems to have been a pretty standup guy since his career started, even before that party. That's why I was thinking this might have been a case of something else on his part, like trying to demonstrate that he's more than just a person who supports convicts' rights and black American rights. That he can poke fun at himself, or the situation, or either side. And for better or worse, that kind of thing can come off smartly or it can backfire belatedly, as in this case.

What I'm getting at is that poor judgement motivated by reasonable intentions can happen to any of us at almost any time, even for those of us who supposedly know better and know the rules of the game.

So IMO part of this gets back to the fact that this country still has kind of a judgmental, even Puritanical vibe. We tend to judge a person by extremes without much consideration for overall character, as if nothing will do but an unstained record of flawlessness, or something like that. Peasant / provincial thinking, one might also say.

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how someone who actually worked against minority voter disenfranchisement can think that dressing up in black face isn't an act of overt racism.

But then again, we have seen numerous cases of someone who does good things being outed as a piece of crap.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#320 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:38 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Good morning.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Enjoy prison, traitor.

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!!!!! this friday has been off to a fantastic start.

and here is the best part, among the "Senior Trump Administration officials" that are referenced in the indictment that Stone was in contact with regarding the hacked emails:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Steve Bannon either gave up the goods, or he lied during multiple interviews with the OSC and is a sitting duck waiting for the cuffs to be slapped onto him by the FBI. Bannon might as well head to the liquor store and get a head start on his day because they don't serve top shelf scotch in Leavenworth.

Return to Brooklyn Nets