ImageImageImage

Player Stats (Including rookies only, draft prospects, int'l, etc), Draft Picks Owned, Salary Cap Info, etc

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,051

Player Stats (Including rookies only, draft prospects, int'l, etc), Draft Picks Owned, Salary Cap Info, etc 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:08 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROOKIE & VET STATS, PICK DETAILS, CAPULATOR, TRADE CHECKER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ROOKIE STATS
- DRAFT PROSPECT STATS
- MVP CANDIDATE AND OTHER PLAYER STATS
- FUTURE DRAFT PICKS OWNED DETAILS
- CAPULATOR
- TRADE CHECKER

NBA RELATED FORUMS
- TRADES & TRANSACTIONS
- PLAYER COMPARISONS
- DRAFT
- INTERNATIONAL BASKETBALL
- STATS ANALYSIS
- CBA Q&A

OTHER SPORTS
- NFL & COLLEGE FOOTBALL
- MLB
- SOCCER
- NHL
- OTHER SPORTS

OFF-TOPIC
- MOVIES/TV/MUSIC/MORE...
- POLITICS

FORUM RELATED
- REALGM FORUM RULES |
- FEEDBACK & SUGGESTIONS |

Big shoutout to Dirk Nowitzki for the formatting.
blee732
Junior
And1: 273

Re: Trade Deadline, Draft, Stat Tools and Links to All Forums 

Post#2 » by blee732 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:18 am

Thanks for posting this, didn't even realize some of these things like the prospect stats existed here.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Trade Deadline, Draft, Stat Tools and Links to All Forums 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 am

blee732 wrote:Thanks for posting this, didn't even realize some of these things like the prospect stats existed here.

Yes I always continue noticing new things, like today I googled players in the NBA that went to North Carolina, and the first result was RealGM.

http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Atlantic-Coast-Conference/1/North-Carolina/2/nba-players
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Re: Draft Prospect Stats, Picks Owned, Roster Salaries & Stats and Links to Forums 

Post#4 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 am

What on earth is a GMAT competition?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Draft Prospect Stats, Picks Owned, Roster Salaries & Stats and Links to Forums 

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:50 am

MrMiyagi wrote:What on earth is a GMAT competition?

General Manage A Team. I had the same question a few months back. You go through a draft with 29 other 'GMs' and you try and build a team with current NBA players and see who builds the best ones. You then write up your team strategy, etc.

It's all somewhat subjective with voters about who makes playoffs, then they set up hypothetical matchups, and each again writes up a strategy and player minutes based on matchups, until a champion is voted.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#6 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 am

bwgood77 wrote:

General Manage A Team. I had the same question a few months back. You go through a draft with 29 other 'GMs' and you try and build a team with current NBA players and see who builds the best ones. You then write up your team strategy, etc.

It's all somewhat subjective with voters about who makes playoffs, then they set up hypothetical matchups, and each again writes up a strategy and player minutes based on matchups, until a champion is voted.

Speaking of which, what happened to gmatt? The Kevin Johnson fan club is I'll represented these days. Anything happen that you know of?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:44 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Speaking of which, what happened to gmatt? The Kevin Johnson fan club is I'll represented these days. Anything happen that you know of?

I didn't realize you knew him. Were you on espn? He has posted here sometimes, but not in a awhile. I PM'd him a while back but no response. He had a Suns history thread which he posted pre game intros from our finals appearance on it's 25th anniversary.

He also had a few KJ posts on here and on the Player Comparison forum, though maybe I just quoted a long post of his there.
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#8 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:49 am

bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I didn't realize you knew him. Were you on espn? He has posted here sometimes, but not in a awhile. I PM'd him a while back but no response. He had a Suns history thread which he posted pre game intros from our finals appearance on it's 25th anniversary.

He also had a few KJ posts on here and on the Player Comparison forum, though maybe I just quoted a long post of his there.

Yeah I used to battle it out with you and him (especially him) about dragic being a borderline all star one day imo, jason richardson being a buffoon that wouldn't score more than 14ppg on another team, and that robin lopez would be a halfway decent center. 2 out of three haha. Also that Frye was a bum who couldn't rebound or play D, 3/4 lol. Yeah, lot of debates back then, around 09-10. I love kj, but he must've been a super fan. If I remember correctly, he used to write novella like posts?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:Speaking of which, what happened to gmatt? The Kevin Johnson fan club is I'll represented these days. Anything happen that you know of?

Yeah I used to battle it out with you and him (especially him) about dragic being a borderline all star one day imo, jason richardson being a buffoon that wouldn't score more than 14ppg on another team, and that robin lopez would be a halfway decent center. 2 out of three haha. Also that Frye was a bum who couldn't rebound or play D, 3/4 lol. Yeah, lot of debates back then, around 09-10. I love kj, but he must've been a super fan. If I remember correctly, he used to write novella like posts?

I don't know why, but I have no recollection of that (and I have a photographic memory) unless you are talking espn or had a different username here and forgot your login info and started a new account.
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#10 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:14 am

bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I don't know why, but I have no recollection of that (and I have a photographic memory) unless you are talking espn or had a different username here and forgot your login info and started a new account.

It was on espn. I have the same user name here I believe as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:17 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:Yeah I used to battle it out with you and him (especially him) about dragic being a borderline all star one day imo, jason richardson being a buffoon that wouldn't score more than 14ppg on another team, and that robin lopez would be a halfway decent center. 2 out of three haha. Also that Frye was a bum who couldn't rebound or play D, 3/4 lol. Yeah, lot of debates back then, around 09-10. I love kj, but he must've been a super fan. If I remember correctly, he used to write novella like posts?

I would have never argued Dragic as a borderline future playoff guy back then. I actually didn't post a lot there...and really missed the huge crowd in 04-05....the place was jam packed then...a few other posters from here, most with different usernames.
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#12 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I would have never argued Dragic as a borderline future playoff guy back then. I actually didn't post a lot there...and really missed the huge crowd in 04-05....the place was jam packed then...a few other posters from here, most with different usernames.

If we had the post record it'd all be there. I thought dragic would be borderline all star. I usualyl heard he was trash from most ppl.
I knew jrich was garbage, and was a product of the system, especially after his knee injury. And then xmas day happened, and of course artest in the wcf......
I did think lopez would be a solid guy, get like 12 n 8 in the right situation. I guess he sort of did, but I thought he'd have a better career n be a better defender. of course the league started to chang around that time, so it shifted values of bigs.
Another was gortat, when I saw us play against the magic, and he was playing for howard that game because he was out, I saw how good he was n knew he'd be a 13 n 10 guy in the right situation. I posted it that game. Then we got him n there it was.
I wish we could go back n get all those posts somehow, see what everybody thought about this guy or that and how it all worked out.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:It was on espn. I have the same user name here I believe as well.

If we had the post record it'd all be there. I thought dragic would be borderline all star. I usualyl heard he was trash from most ppl.
I knew jrich was garbage, and was a product of the system, especially after his knee injury. And then xmas day happened, and of course artest in the wcf......
I did think lopez would be a solid guy, get like 12 n 8 in the right situation. I guess he sort of did, but I thought he'd have a better career n be a better defender. of course the league started to chang around that time, so it shifted values of bigs.
Another was gortat, when I saw us play against the magic, and he was playing for howard that game because he was out, I saw how good he was n knew he'd be a 13 n 10 guy in the right situation. I posted it that game. Then we got him n there it was.
I wish we could go back n get all those posts somehow, see what everybody thought about this guy or that and how it all worked out.

I remember the one thing I kind of disagreed with him on is that he thought we could be a contender with Shaq (this is like 2008) if we traded Amare and started Diaw at PF I believe.

Of course we ended up trading Diaw for your man JRich and made the WCF the next year after missing the playoffs the previous one.
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#14 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I remember the one thing I kind of disagreed with him on is that he thought we could be a contender with Shaq (this is like 2008) if we traded Amare and started Diaw at PF I believe.

Of course we ended up trading Diaw for your man JRich and made the WCF the next year after missing the playoffs the previous one.

His bball iq was so low it was not to be believed. this was after xmas day, and I was watching the game w my girlfriend at the time and my brother, and I was putting a dish in the sink or something and was yelling "wait, I have to get back to see $hitsardson leave kidd wide open for the three!" And right as I turned the corner I saw the open 3 being drained from kidd and dallas won the game. He was embarrassingly bad. And when we had barnes and him? Dear god, I could barely watch. And I watch this crap!

Yeah, shaq team....I remember that playoff series with the spurs. Duncan hitting the game tying 3 in game 1 to go to overtime. I knew that was it. We had the yipps against that team, and nash was in full dribble, dribble, dribble mode.

The next year with porter as coach, nash looked ancient, and shaq was posting all game. We were not playing to nashs strengths and he was old, so it was tripled how bad he looked. And I remember shaq taling about "I can average 20 n 10 when im 50" after a couple games where he scored 20+ n had some boards. N I was like, oh no, we have to deal with his crap now. he should just be a 10pt-12rb guy at this point in his career, focusing rebounds.....Then amare goes down, that season was a wreck.

Yeah trading Amare for that reason would've been a bad idea. Diaw was a lazy bum, n shaq was ancient. He was running on fumes, although he had a solid season numbers wise with us, though he couldn't play any D whatsoever.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: Rookie Stats, All Player Stats, Trade Checker, Draft Picks Owned, Salary Sheets, etc 

Post#15 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:28 pm

The big 'what ifs' from that era were the amare for Garnett deal that supposedly almost went down the year before they eventually sent him to Boston. I think they win a chip with KG.

Then the bigger one was the amare for Steph curry draft day deal that the suns thought was a done deal but GS backed out like a day later. That one changes the tragectory of the league.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: Rookie Stats, All Player Stats, Trade Checker, Draft Picks Owned, Salary Sheets, etc 

Post#16 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:42 pm

Also fun what ifs with individual players in diaw and tim Thomas because I think both guys would have been multiple time all stars had they been commited to their craft. Diaw was so damn talented and still had a nice career even though he never stayed in shape or seemed to care about trying to take over a game.

I'm a bucks fan so had Tim Thomas in my life for a while and that dude could flat out ball when he gave a ****...but he was also the least trust worthy guy you could ever image. I guess had he cared he would have never been available for the suns for free after Chicago bought him out. Thomas was outstanding for the suns that one playoff run. Then the clippers paid him a decent deal and predictabily stopped caring again. That dude was such a perfect modern stretch 4 before that was really a thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns