ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#321 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm

If you have time while you're pretending to work on this lovely and cold friday morning, I'd advise reading this entire twitter thread which breaks down the indictment of Roger Stone:

Read on Twitter

7 counts of obstruction, false statements and witness tampering.

I have no clue as to why these men choose to die in jail for Trump.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#322 » by gigantes » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I have a hard time wrapping my mind around how someone who actually worked against minority voter disenfranchisement can think that dressing up in black face isn't an act of overt racism.

But then again, we have seen numerous cases of someone who does good things being outed as a piece of crap.

Tru dat.

At the same time, if you're a progressive coming from a cultural background of racism / bigotry, I wouldn't find it surprising that you slipped up somewhere along the way. Because if a culture is unwilling to understand something as simple as that, it seems to me that leaves a no-man's land between the two sides that few are willing to negotiate, keeping the sides entrenched.

So, this guy did a foolish thing at a private party. It's not like he went nuts or did known harm to anyone in particular. So now he's fired and the country is likely worse off without him. Ho hum. I guess I'll shut up on this one, now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#323 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:27 pm

That 5am knock knock call. Goddamn!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#324 » by shakendfries » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

That 5am knock knock call. Goddamn!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

soon

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#325 » by shakendfries » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,797

Post#326 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#327 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:27 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Image

Pelosi moved on him like a bitch. #LockerRoomTalk

Crazy how a few more than ago that everyone was wondering if she was the right person to be Speaker.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#328 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Image

Pelosi moved on him like a bitch. #LockerRoomTalk

Crazy how a few more than ago that everyone was wondering if she was the right person to be Speaker.

Read on Twitter

Nancy has been absolutely savage, as she should be. The 2018 midterms was a mandate. Schumer's ass better be taking notes on how it's done, she has been bitch slapping Donald for weeks now.

Trump caved today because of Roger Stone and also ATCers not showing up for work today in New York. Multiple flights have been grounded.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#329 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Hard pass. I'm not voting for this ass hole, who values the "working american" white voter in Appalachian areas more than the actual Democrat base. He can go to hell.

I'm almost certain his sole purpose is to split the Dem vote in order to help Trump win reelection. Putin would love to have another 4 years of US chaos to keep his agenda running smoothly, and having to drag Trump out via impeachment as opposed to voting him out does just that.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#330 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Chicago police report:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#331 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Chicago police report:

**** ing Nazi trash.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#332 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Absolute madness. I don't understand what Trump has that causes idiot after idiot to flirt with prison time before him. Whitaker is going to end up in contempt of congress.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#333 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:56 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#334 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:19 pm

He won't do well in prison.

Good.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#335 » by Rich Rane » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:42 pm

Read on Twitter
gigantes
Starter

Post#336 » by gigantes » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:29 pm

This comment really hits a certain nail on the head. The idea that once the Miserable Orange Wretch is gone, we can get back to a better reality. Unfortunately, that was always probably a fantasy.

"We're in a much more precarious position than I think is really appreciated.

I'm very certain that, come what may, Trump will not wind up in the White House in 2020 and will be facing a truly mind-boggling number of charges to ruin the rest of his life.

I'm also pretty confident justice will reassert itself over this most recent coup and a sort of normalcy will be reestablished, at least in government.

But what really terrifies me is that I don't think there's any way to put this genie back in the bottle.

Nothing that happens to Trump, at this point, is going to dissuade them. These people have finally had a taste of a President who was openly, nakedly racist. And Fox News has told them for two straight years that it's been great. He's winning, economy is booming, and their lives are tip-top.

Just think what he's truly given them. They've watched their entire lives as social pressure has eroded and driven their naked racism into the shadows. These are people who lived through segregation and liked it, and their children, who grew up in that toxic environment and internalized those twisted values.

Just imagine if you were in their shoes - Democrats and liberal values on the rise, your most dreaded boogeywoman about to take the white house - all seems lost. Then comes Donald Trump. And suddenly he's saying the same racist **** in the White House you've been saying to your buddies for all these years, growing angrier and angrier that you can't say it in public anymore.

That's what Trump gave to them. He truly could murder someone in the street; he won't lose their loyalty after he has turned the White House into a racist, sexist charade right before their eyes.

And all the while, Fox News tells them that the economy is booming, Christianity is finally "fighting back," and that everything wonderful is flowing back into their lives.

None of that's true, of course, but it doesn't matter any more. These 30-40% of the population, their ship has sailed. They are gone. Dragging Trump out in cuffs and splattering the truth about him all around the world in black ink will do nothing. He will always be their hero, their martyr, their precious racist who took them straight to the top, who, against all odds, vandquished the horrible evil that was Hillary, and got destroyed by evil Dems in retribution.

I used to think the myth of martyrs truly began after their death. But we're watching it with Trump in real time. He is standing up there, nakedly incompetent, barely coherent, clearly running the **** government into a cliff, and these people are mythologizing him.

This just isn't going away. People need to understand that the rest of our lives will be spent fighting these people at the polls. If we stop the level of focus and vigilance we've had these past two years, this will happen again.

White supremacy terrorist attacks are at an all-time high. White supremacy recruiting is at an all time high. 1/5th of the federal judiciary is now stacked with 30-year-old Trump activist judges for life. The Supreme Court still has a Republican majority and a supremely zealot activist judge in Kavanaugh and probably Gorsuch as well.

People will continue to emulate Trump and try to recapture what he had. They'll say, "I'll do what Trump did, but better." Republicans will be strategizing on how to reacapture that lightning in a bottle for decades to come.

When the hammer falls and the rats go to prison, the remainder will scurry away and hide, and then they'll keep planning, and if we stop watching out for them, they will come back.

What I'm saying people, is that this fight has just begun. Even in the most deliriously optimistic outcome, where Mueller drops his report, it expressly links him to treason and all the rest of the crimes, and congress convicts Trump to on all charges, this is still just the beginning of this long and grueling fight.

We're still fighting the civil war, if we're being honest. You have a large population of mostly southern, racist, nationalist, religious people who have finally succeeded, not at cessation, but at infiltration. They waited almost two hundred years, and here they are, in charge of the entire federal government.

And thank some non-racist God for Trump's overwhelming stupidity, because had he been just a fraction cleverer, just a fraction less of a profoundly lazy sack of ****, he may have comprehended the power he wields, and have laid plans to make this a far less ephemeral arrangement."

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/ay6vb4/obama_warns_that_if_the_world_isnt_careful/ehyou6q/
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#337 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 8, 2019 12:28 am

Siri, look up "white privilege".
Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#338 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:53 am

Rich Rane wrote:Siri, look up "white privilege".
Read on Twitter

the Judge of this trial early on outed himself as a Trump sycophant with his commentary about the Mueller investigation being a witch hunt...which is insane, considering that he was a REAGAN APPOINTEE. That means that the dude sits at home after his work days on the bench watching Fox News. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

At this point, I'm convinced that 99% of Conservatives in this country have gone off the rails.

Either way, this is just the first sentencing for Manfort. If the judge in the next venue delivers a light sentence, then I think we have a serious problem.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#339 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:54 am

I also think that if a Dem congress takes control in 2020, lifetime appointments to federal judge seats need to be banned in the United States.

gigantes
Starter

Post#340 » by gigantes » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Initial response to the AG's summary of the Mueller report?

Major disappointment... both for myself personally, and on behalf of the nation I call home. Major disaP, yo.

So there's that.

Then again, on reflection...

- This here guy doing the summary is, what... the second Trump stooge appointee to the position? I mean, is this -really- the correct guy to be calling balls and strikes?

- So it's only a summary, cool. But could we maybe see the actual report, redacted, without bias? Now I understand that's the goal, but... hell's bells man, let's get to it!

- The fact remains that Mow might have called in this-or-that favor from his traditional Russian scam-artist / mafia colleagues (a relationship pretty much rock-solid proven from decades ago), WITHOUT it necessarily breaking a US election law.

- Alternatively, and possibly even more likely-- this particular doofus wouldn't have known or cared when he was being played and when he wasn't. Meaning, Vlad was likely free to influence the USA election in all the traditional ways... plus more... which actually seems to be the case, quite apart from Mueller's report.

- Last thing-- if I understand correctly, the Mueller Report, even if it does ultimately exonerate Trump of 'Russian collusion,' has already launched a **** of parallel investigations via other agencies, which are way more specific in nature when it comes to Mow's particular crimes.

Still and all... well, f-ck.

Return to Brooklyn Nets