ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#601 » by Quazza » Tue Jan 1, 2019 11:12 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Anyone posting Draymond trades deserves a nail through a testicle. Just stop it, you’ll look like a plonker in the long run as Draybeast isn’t a player you write off.

Hypothetical Durant trades however, will get you cocaine and hookers all day long.

How about both:

Draymond Green to Denver for Michael Porter Jr.

Kevin Durant in a S&T with the Knicks for Porzingis (after season).

plz god no
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#602 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Speculation that Hawks are looking to move Taurean Prince. He’s a RFA after 2019-2020 season. He will be 25 in March.

Supposedly Bembry has been playing well in his place when he was injured. But Prince is not on the timeline of Young, Collins, Huerter and whoever they draft after this season, which could be Zion, Barrett or Reddish. IOW they are going to be able to easily replace him with another wing.

So it would probably take trading Iggy or Livingston but Iggy has been shooting well and Livingston is likely to come around. More importantly, they’re proven performers in the playoffs so it would be a risk to trade one of them for a young player who may not be ready for the bright lights of the playoffs.

Also heard that Prince may require hav8ng the ball a little, may not be as effective at catch and shoot 3 point looks which he’ll likely get.

Maybe Schlenk will do the Warriors a favor but they may have to give up a FRP, which could be in the low 20s the way he season is going.

Actually, Prince and Dedmon, since Prince is only making about $3.5 million. Though when he is RFA, he’s going to probably want $15 million or more a year. He’s averag8ng 15 ppg but that average is likel to decline with the Warriors so he may not be ready to just be a 15-20 mpg role player vs. the 30 mpg starter for the Hawks. He hasn’t made money and may resist giving up starter role at such a young age.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#603 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:10 am

It’s too bad the Clippers are in the playoff race. They have a ton of guards in Lou Williams, Beverly, Bradley, & SGA.

Would love for good ole Jerry West to gift us Beverly or Lou Williams.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM

Post#604 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Beverly and Bradley have been horrible for them this year.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#605 » by cdubbz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 pm

wco81 wrote:Beverly and Bradley have been horrible for them this year.

That's good! Haven't watched many Clipper games at all. Like both of those guys especially to toughen up our perimeter.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#606 » by cdubbz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:59 pm

Jacob Evans for Jeff Green straight up.

Jeff Green is playable veterans. and can be used for depth at SF & PF. We will need wing depth against Lebron, Harden, Giannis, kawhi, Tatum/Hayward, etc. He can score, mediocre shooter, but I feel we can use all the depth we can get for the playoff run. KD, IGGY, Draymond, Jeff Green.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#607 » by cdubbz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 am

Corey Brewer anybody? McKinnie for Brewer works. Not sure why Philly would care to want McKinnie though.

I still feel wing depth is key for western conference playoffs.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#608 » by BayWarrior » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:51 am

cdubbz wrote:Jacob Evans for Jeff Green straight up.

Jeff Green is playable veterans. and can be used for depth at SF & PF. We will need wing depth against Lebron, Harden, Giannis, kawhi, Tatum/Hayward, etc. He can score, mediocre shooter, but I feel we can use all the depth we can get for the playoff run. KD, IGGY, Draymond, Jeff Green.

Good trade if Washington accepts.

Your other trade for Brewer I would pass on cause I really like Mckinne, Also, Corey is on a 10 day contract and has been playing real well for them.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,770

Post#609 » by floppymoose » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:12 am

KD for AD
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#610 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:26 am

cdubbz wrote:Corey Brewer anybody? McKinnie for Brewer works. Not sure why Philly would care to want McKinnie though.

McKinnie is a vastly superior player to Corey Brewer now. Brewer has been pure garbage for a few years. He wasn't even signed to a team until recently.

If the Warriors had wanted him, they could have grabbed him way back.

Newsflash!!! They really like McKinnie and feel like he's as good as most of the guys who were available at the Warriors draft pick. Now there are a couple guys, like Spellman who I advocated for in the draft that I would prefer over McKinnie, but not by much.

He's super athletic, awesome offensive rebounder and hustle guy, can make a 3 here and there, and plays good defense. What's not to like. And oh yeah he's wayyyyy cheap.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#611 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:20 am

floppymoose wrote:KD for AD

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,288

Post#612 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 am

I have soured quite a bit on AD. The dude gets injured way too much. It's at a point that it seems chronic now. How do some of you guys not see this?
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#613 » by Quazza » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am

killmongrel wrote:I have soured quite a bit on AD. The dude gets injured way too much. It's at a point that it seems chronic now. How do some of you guys not see this?

played 75 games each of the previous 2 seasons.

(I get it though - I own him in fantasy so pay closer than usual attention. Dude heads back to the locker during games more than anyone I've seen)
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#614 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Corey Brewer anybody? McKinnie for Brewer works. Not sure why Philly would care to want McKinnie though.

McKinnie is a vastly superior player to Corey Brewer now. Brewer has been pure garbage for a few years. He wasn't even signed to a team until recently.

Newsflash!!! They really like McKinnie and feel like he's as good as most of the guys who were available at the Warriors draft pick. Now there are a couple guys, like Spellman who I advocated for in the draft that I would prefer over McKinnie, but not by much.

He's super athletic, awesome offensive rebounder and hustle guy, can make a 3 here and there, and plays good defense. What's not to like. And oh yeah he's wayyyyy cheap.

I would much rather have a veteran than McKinnie come playoffs. Don't see McKinnie getting minutes at all -- Brewer can be a pest to Harden, CP3, Lebron, Kawhi, Tatum etc.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#615 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I would much rather have a veteran than McKinnie come playoffs. Don't see McKinnie getting minutes at all -- Brewer can be a pest to Harden, CP3, Lebron, Kawhi, Tatum etc.

Just a question, but have you been watching the games this year?

Because Kerr has McKinnie in his tight 9 man rotation. When Kerr is in a game against a playoff or really good team, he has McKinnie in there.

Corey Brewer sucks buddy....and he has for a long time now.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#616 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Just a question, but have you been watching the games this year?

Because Kerr has McKinnie in his tight 9 man rotation. When Kerr is in a game against a playoff or really good team, he has McKinnie in there.

Corey Brewer sucks buddy....and he has for a long time now.

Yeah I have been. McKinnie is a great filler in the regular season. I don't expect to see him in the playoffs (could be wrong). Now Brewer may not either but I still value Brewer in 10-15 minutes guarding those wings than Mckinnie.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#617 » by BW32 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Steve doesn't change his rotations in the playoffs unless he absolutely has to and even then he's reluctant. I would be shocked if he doesn't go 10 deep for the whole playoff run.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#618 » by azwfan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:28 am

Wouldn't mind Brewer for his floppy defense on Harden. Quite entertaining. Don't want to trade McKinnie for him though.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#619 » by Swift21 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 11:03 pm

Taurean Prince is available. He would be a nice 3&D piece we can use this season and next season if KD Walks.
wco81
RealGM

Post#620 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 7:59 pm

Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz discuss whether Aaron Gordon can take on a role like Draymond, switchable defender and playmaker.

He makes $20 million a year but in a couple of years, with the cap expected to approach $120 million, that may look like a pretty good value.

Does he have the BBIQ? Probably not, but these days, there are other big men who dives off the pick and roll and can kick it to the corner for open 3s.

A Curry-Gordon pick and roll would make him a serious dunk threat off a dive, so teams are likely to pull the wing defenders into the paint and he should be able to kick the pass out over any wings.

Of course Warriors may not have assets that Orlando would be interested in.

Return to Golden State Warriors