Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#301 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:31 am

Pass on DJ. He’s a flake. I guarantee his FT shooting goes right back in the toilet under playoff pressue and he becomes unplayable against a good small ball unit. Do not want.

We pretty much have all the good players. Relax and enjoy the ride.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#302 » by BW32 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:54 am

Sleepy51 wrote:Pass on DJ. He’s a flake. I guarantee his FT shooting goes right back in the toilet under playoff pressue and he becomes unplayable against a good small ball unit. Do not want.

We pretty much have all the good players. Relax and enjoy the ride.

But we also have an empty roster spot, we can add a free player essentially so why not use the spot?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#303 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:03 am

We’re starting to flirt with a tipping point in the chemistry/personalities department. If we add a rotation player they need to be a rock and a total pro to keep the balance.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#304 » by BW32 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:07 am

Fair point I just think of the on court impact he could have, on this team he'd basically be a much better Javale and I loved me some Javale so that's why I'd go with him over someone low ceiling like Robin (if he even gets bought out).
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#305 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 1, 2019 4:02 am

Anyone else like the trade for the Knicks? Everyone on the GB seems to think the Mavs fleeced the Knicks, I think the Knicks reset quite well in the deal.
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#306 » by BW32 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 8:47 am

I don't like it only because I know they will spend the capspace, it doesn't matter who says no they are going into next season with someone on a max deal, if that's Kemba and Jimmy Buckets then you pretty much dun goofed.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#307 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:28 am

Coxy wrote:Anyone else like the trade for the Knicks? Everyone on the GB seems to think the Mavs fleeced the Knicks, I think the Knicks reset quite well in the deal.

I think we need to wait until 7 of July to judge the trade on the knicks side.
for the mavs, it all comes down on how strong the unicorn gets back from that injury.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#308 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:28 am

BW32 wrote:I don't like it only because I know they will spend the capspace, it doesn't matter who says no they are going into next season with someone on a max deal, if that's Kemba and Jimmy Buckets then you pretty much dun goofed.

Kemba Walker/Dennis Smith Jnr/Frank Ntilikina
Jimmy Butler/Emanuel Mudiay/Alonzo Trier
Kevin Knox/Wesley Matthews/Mario Hezonja
Zion Williamson/Noah Vonleh
Deandre Jordan/Mitchell Robinson/Luke Kornet

In the East, team can compete.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#309 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:41 pm

superunknown wrote:
Coxy wrote:Anyone else like the trade for the Knicks? Everyone on the GB seems to think the Mavs fleeced the Knicks, I think the Knicks reset quite well in the deal.

I think we need to wait until 7 of July to judge the trade on the knicks side.
for the mavs, it all comes down on how Sammy games the unicorn plays before the next injury.

FTFY
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#310 » by superunknown » Fri Feb 1, 2019 2:47 pm

dunno if they gonna keep DJ and matthews. they'll probably buy them out.
knicks goal for the remainder of the season is to finish at the bottom of the league, possibly with the worst overall record. the chances to be awarded with the first pick are slimmer than in the past, yet if you finish with the worst record you cannot go past the 5th draft pick. right now, they're battling with the cavs, bulls and hawks (which improved in the last couple of months) in the east and the suns in the west for that record.
with DSJ, DJ and matthews in the lineup the risk to improve enough to win those few games that **** you up lottery wise is concrete.
they may try to get a couple of second round pick for DJ and matthews, but I don't expect them to keep them.
but they are the knicks after all, so everything is possible :D
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#311 » by GS Warriors 1 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 6:18 pm

Not sure on the research but I would almost rather finish 3rd or 4th than 1st when it comes to the lottery. Just off the top, it seems like #1 drops for the most part.

Huge gamble by the Knicks, they haven't proven that they can get the big name FA's...usually have to overpay for decent to solid players. Dolan is most likely an issue for big name FA's. I don't know if that changes, though I would think if Zion is truly "The Next One", they become more attractive.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#312 » by Mylie10 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 6:08 am

Sleepy51 wrote:We’re starting to flirt with a tipping point in the chemistry/personalities department. If we add a rotation player they need to be a rock and a total pro to keep the balance.

I think Robin Lopez would still be a nice fit, but most likely he will want more minutes. But he would be awesome insurance and provides a toughness with size that you can't have to much of.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#313 » by watch1958 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 11:00 am

After the Laker Warrior game, supposedly Walton was confronted by...Lance Stephenson, JaVale, and Michael Beasley.

What does it say when that is the "veteran presence" on the team? Think they are carrying messages from Lebron?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#314 » by Little Digger » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:27 pm

Luke gets confronted by the 3 stooges..It’s pathetic the way the NBA has been cornered into letting the players totally run the association
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#315 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:58 pm

Where was the umbrage at Draymond trying to fight Steve Kerr over not getting enough shots two years ago?

This is all on Magic. He has undermined Luke publicly and he gave Luke these nitwits as so called “vets.” Because players think he’s on his way out that’s what empowers three goofball role players to try to fight their coach. Magic is a poor front office leader. He needs to be less visible. No one outside the family should ever know what you are thinking. Be more like Bob Meyers.

Overall, players wield influence in the NBA proportionate to their value. A star player absolutely adds more wins and adds more to the franchise bottom line that just about any coach. In this sport, coaches and players are coworkers. The coach is an administrator in the NBA, not a producer. Admin & production talent have a different relationship in every field vs. traditional management vs labor hierarchy. It’s not the vertical org chart that ran the auto industry into the ground. The difference making players produce the lion’s share of the competitive and economic value in the system. Production is power. Why shouldn’t they wield that power? It’s worked well for a handful of Lebron championships and he’s made every owner he’s played with a ton of money.

And we’re lucky Luke didn’t play Wagner more. He was killing us and could have been the difference maker if he got 4th quarter burn.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#316 » by Impuniti » Mon Feb 4, 2019 12:00 am

watch1958 wrote:After the Laker Warrior game, supposedly Walton was confronted by...Lance Stephenson, JaVale, and Michael Beasley.

What does it say when that is the "veteran presence" on the team? Think they are carrying messages from Lebron?

Apparently it wasn't Lance but someone else. Lebron wants Luke gone and the most surprising thing is he still has a job. I feel like if LeBron never got injured, he might have been gone already.

Curious thing is who does Lebron want to coach him after Luke's gone during this season.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#317 » by watch1958 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 5:41 am

Impuniti wrote:
watch1958 wrote:After the Laker Warrior game, supposedly Walton was confronted by...Lance Stephenson, JaVale, and Michael Beasley.

Apparently it wasn't Lance but someone else. Lebron wants Luke gone and the most surprising thing is he still has a job. I feel like if LeBron never got injured, he might have been gone already.

Curious thing is who does Lebron want to coach him after Luke's gone during this season.
I read somewhere else that it was Josh Hart. Too bad; the story was funnier if it was Javale, Beasley and Lance. If they tried to form a band it would never work, because each would need his own drummer.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#318 » by Frozzy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:50 am

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#319 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 4:35 am

Frozzy wrote:Image

So pathetic
Coxy
RealGM

Post#320 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:22 am

If you have a spare 20 minutes, have a watch and listen to this guys video here, pretty cool and points out how the Hawks look to be trying to emulate us in a lot of ways. Very well made doco from him.

Return to Golden State Warriors