ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#561 » by Phase 3 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:54 am

Ok I’ve seen enough of the Warriors centers this year to come to the conclusion that they should make a strong recruiting pitch to Deandre if he gets bought out.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#562 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:36 am

gsw213 wrote:Ok I’ve seen enough of the Warriors centers this year to come to the conclusion that they should make a strong recruiting pitch to Deandre if he gets bought out.
Why is that?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#563 » by wco81 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:55 pm

Rebounding, defense, rim running.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#564 » by killmongrel » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:43 pm

wco81 wrote:Rebounding, defense, rim running.
DeAndre has been horrible at defense this year.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#565 » by Mylie10 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:49 pm

Our centers have been rebounding the ball extremely well. Even when Jerebko was getting run.

Looney is one of the best offesnvie rebounders in the league. Cousins is an elite rebounder. Jerebko has good rebounding numbers.

Bell meh, Jones meh. Draymond when at center is fine rebounding.

I like DeAndre Jordan, and would love to have him next year, but your premise is off.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM

Post#566 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 1:09 am

killmongrel wrote:

Well Cousins can't stay in front of anyone except the most lumbering big men.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#567 » by Quazza » Mon Feb 4, 2019 9:37 pm

killmongrel wrote:

Probably in the minority here but of that whole NY mess, it's a Wes Mathews buy out I'd be more interested in. Man he'd be incredible for us off the bench
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#568 » by BW32 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 9:48 pm

Wes Mathews is a Dorell Wright type chucker.
wco81
RealGM

Post#569 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 10:06 pm

Supposedly the Sixers are trying to trade for him at the deadline.

Chucker but he shoots 38% and he thinks he can check anyone so at least he won't shrink from defending.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#570 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 12:42 am

wco81 wrote:Supposedly the Sixers are trying to trade for him at the deadline.

Chucker but he shoots 38% and he thinks he can check anyone so at least he won't shrink from defending.

I'll give you that.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#571 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:49 pm

I'd definitely take Wes. He'd be a good guy to have out there when we're playing the Shaun/Dre/Klay/Zo lineup. Positionless smallball lineups FTW. Solid gold.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#572 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 5, 2019 7:15 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'd definitely take Wes. He'd be a good guy to have out there when we're playing the Shaun/Dre/Klay/Zo lineup. Positionless smallball lineups FTW. Solid gold.

Id take him too. We'd be dumb not to if he wanted to come here.

But i feel like he wants playing time and a bigger role. I really see him going back to Portland. We can't give him a huge role here, but if he wants the ring, thats different.

The more glaring need for us is protection at center with a giant. We need beef to battle in case Cousins has a setback.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#573 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:18 am

Mylie10 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'd definitely take Wes. He'd be a good guy to have out there when we're playing the Shaun/Dre/Klay/Zo lineup. Positionless smallball lineups FTW. Solid gold.

Id take him too. We'd be dumb not to if he wanted to come here.

But i feel like he wants playing time and a bigger role. I really see him going back to Portland. We can't give him a huge role here, but if he wants the ring, thats different.

The more glaring need for us is protection at center with a giant. We need beef to battle in case Cousins has a setback.

Can we sign him just for the rest of the year? If so, that'd be a great thing for him to do. Get yourself involved in a championship run, grab a ring, get that exposure to it and contribute, then look at your next contract at the end of the season.
wco81
RealGM

Post#574 » by wco81 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 4:09 am

He'd probably want a situation where he'd have the most minutes and chances to chuck shots so he can try to improve his chances in the FA market.

But supposedly the 76ers and other teams have called Knicks about him.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#575 » by statsman » Wed Feb 6, 2019 4:57 am

Coxy wrote:Get yourself involved in a championship run, grab a ring, get that exposure to it and contribute, then look at your next contract at the end of the season.

Like that's helped every other player who joined the Warriors in recent years to do just that. Can you say "vet minimum"? I knew you could. (Note: Cousins may end up being the exception to the rule here)
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#576 » by Mylie10 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:15 am

statsman wrote:
Coxy wrote:Get yourself involved in a championship run, grab a ring, get that exposure to it and contribute, then look at your next contract at the end of the season.

Like that's helped every other player who joined the Warriors in recent years to do just that. Can you say "vet minimum"? I knew you could. (Note: Cousins may end up being the exception to the rule here)

What you say is true, but we have had guys on vet minimums who have greatly out produced the cost.

West
Zaza
Javale
Mo?
Jerebko

Clark got paid somewhat. Barbosa was a bit more than the minimum I think. Can't remember.
Khoee wrote “
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#577 » by statsman » Wed Feb 6, 2019 12:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
statsman wrote:

What you say is true, but we have had guys on vet minimums who have greatly out produced the cost.

West
Zaza
Javale
Mo?
Jerebko

Clark got paid somewhat. Barbosa was a bit more than the minimum I think. Can't remember.

Clark didn't get paid at all. He's on his second vet min season since leaving the Warriors. Speights also had two vet min seasons, then ended up in China. Nick Young has only seen a partially guaranteed contract from the Nuggets for $311K. Zaza, McGee and Casspi all have vet mins this season.

Barbosa did get a 2/8 offer, mostly from a Suns team going nowhere as a reward for his previous tenure with the team, but then he was bought out for $500K for that second season. But Barbosa wasn't ring chasing. At the time he was acquired, Kerr just joined the team as coach and the Warriors hadn't given any indication they were about to leap the league to the NBA title (and effectively killing the Clippers).

West received two rings and retired, which was probably his plan.
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#578 » by superunknown » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:55 pm

what happened to swaggy p?
I mean, he was never the sharpest tool in the shed, especially defensively, but there are guys in the league who are given minutes who are worst than him on the SG spot.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#579 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:04 pm

Wes already gone. Need to snag up Robin Lopez yawl!
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#580 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:12 am

Woj on Lopez buyout

Read on Twitter
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors