Zac Taylor: I\'m Not Going To Be Sean McVay

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Zac Taylor: I\'m Not Going To Be Sean McVay 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 6, 2019 1:28 pm

Zac Taylor knows he\'ll face comparisons to Sean McVay as the new head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Taylor spent two years working with McVay as an assistant for the Los Angeles Rams. At 35 and 33, respectively, Taylor and McVay are the youngest head coaches in the league.

\"He was an unbelievable resource as the process unfolded,\" Taylor said. \"Any question I had, he was an open book. ... So, no, he wasn\'t pushing me along. He knew I wanted to be a head coach. And he wanted me to be a head coach. And when the interview request came in, he did sit down and say, \'Here is what I went through. Here\'s experiences that may help you.\'

\"But at the same time, if I try to be Sean McVay, I\'m going to fail. To be quite honest with you, we\'re different people. I\'ve learned a lot from him, but I\'m going to be Zac Taylor and do the best I can my way. And not my way, it\'s the Cincinnati Bengals way, right? Everyone\'s on the same page and we\'re going to get the most out of everybody here.\"

Via Katherine Terrell/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion