Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Re: Around the League 

Post#2021 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:51 pm

ElectricMayhem wrote:The Tobi & Bobi show has moved on to Philadelphia now. Is there a clause in their contracts saying they can't be traded separately?

Poor Tobias. He’s been traded 3 of the last 4 deadlines.

He should fit well, at least offensively.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#2022 » by Kilo » Wed Feb 6, 2019 3:00 pm

Usage could be an issue. How many shots does he get - Embiid wants his, Butler wants his and Simmons wants his.

If he's 4th option 3 point shooter PF I think they could have got a similar use player a lot cheaper.

If Philly knows Butler will leave, or don't plan on offering him they money he expects than this makes more sense given they got Butler pretty cheaply anyways.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 561

Post#2023 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Wed Feb 6, 2019 3:15 pm

This.
Kilo wrote:Usage could be an issue. How many shots does he get - Embiid wants his, Butler wants his and Simmons wants his.

If he's 4th option 3 point shooter PF I think they could have got a similar use player a lot cheaper.

If Philly knows Butler will leave, or don't plan on offering him they money he expects than this makes more sense given they got Butler pretty cheaply anyways.

Frankly, with too many alphas there, I wouldn't be surprised should Tobias eventually & all-too-willingly slide down to a 6th-man or bench mob leader role... But still a handsomely paid one at that.

At least he can always look back to that season with the Clips where some thought he was almost an All-Star...
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#2024 » by chrbal » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:06 am

We’re at a point where you’ve got to be impressed with what the clippers are doing, and Lebron is starting to look like he might not be able to control and build a good team anymore.

Clippers are above.500 and punted this season. We’re below and are trying to be a practice dummy for the bucks or whoever
Weird time in the nba
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#2025 » by sc8581 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:37 am

Lin to the Raptors, East playoffs are going to be exciting for the first time in a long time. I'm going with Toronto, I like their depth.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#2026 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Cousins has looked really good in him limited time on the court with Golden State. I think in a few weeks people will be talking about him as another MAX player that teams are going to want to go after. Not on the same tier as Durant, Leonard, and Kyrie but probably on the same tier as guys like Butler, Harris, etc.... He is going to get paid by someone.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#2027 » by DBC10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Would be hilarious if after all of that the Knicks only get Tobias Harris and Boogie as their top free agents next season instead of Kyrie and Durant.

I legit think MSG would burn to the ground with protests.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#2028 » by bballnmike » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:44 pm

DBC10 wrote:Would be hilarious if after all of that the Knicks only get Tobias Harris and Boogie as their top free agents next season instead of Kyrie and Durant.

I legit think MSG would burn to the ground with protests.

Then they could finally rebuild Penn Station :D
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#2029 » by dVs33 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:21 am

Terrico white just won the finals MVP here in Australia. It feels like so long ago that he had so much upside and did absolutely nothing for us haha

Sent from my CPH1707 using RealGM mobile app
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#2030 » by Revived » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 am

Speaking of guys with upside that did nothing for the Pistons...

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#2031 » by The Penguin » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Can we get an update on the Tigers logo in our profiles since that logo hasn't been used in nearly 15 years?
DBC10
General Manager

Post#2032 » by DBC10 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Lakers being eliminated from the playoffs means no Lebron at all in the playoffs this year. That's a sign of the times.
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#2033 » by dVs33 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:20 am

Just when you thought the top east teams were potentially catching up to the west elite, Brooklyn and Orlando win their game 1s Hahaha. I can't say I'm not enjoying the raps fans disappointment ;)

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#2034 » by MotownMadness » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 am

dVs33 wrote:Just when you thought the top east teams were potentially catching up to the west elite, Brooklyn and Orlando win their game 1s Hahaha. I can't say I'm not enjoying the raps fans disappointment ;)

Would love to see the Raps get knocked out and definitely lose KL
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#2035 » by bstein14 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:11 am

I know we've got no chance, but it would be amazing to see Indy, NJ, and Orlando all advance to round two. Kyrie gone, Leonard gone, and Butler and or Harris gone. All three teams could have FA's run out on them if they are upset in round one.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#2036 » by DBC10 » Fri May 3, 2019 2:51 pm

So as much as people crap on the Process in Philly, it worked, no? They were going nowhere with the likes of Evan Turner, Iggy, and Jrue but now they look like they're about to kill the Raps and go all the way to the ECF.

I mean, what defines the Process not working anyways? No chip = failure? That's a shallow way of looking at it, and it's not like they got swept like us every 3 years. I'd rather take the process over whatever the hell we concocted in the last ten years.

Keep in mind, this isn't even the full vision that Hinkie had, he was fired 2 years ago and they completely diverged from his plan since then. I don't think Hinkie trades up for Fultz nor goes after Tobias while giving up on Landry and picks. He was almost always a BPA at the draft.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#2037 » by The_Irony » Mon May 6, 2019 12:55 am

DBC10 wrote:So as much as people crap on the Process in Philly, it worked, no? They were going nowhere with the likes of Evan Turner, Iggy, and Jrue but now they look like they're about to kill the Raps and go all the way to the ECF.

I mean, what defines the Process not working anyways? No chip = failure? That's a shallow way of looking at it, and it's not like they got swept like us every 3 years. I'd rather take the process over whatever the hell we concocted in the last ten years.

Keep in mind, this isn't even the full vision that Hinkie had, he was fired 2 years ago and they completely diverged from his plan since then. I don't think Hinkie trades up for Fultz nor goes after Tobias while giving up on Landry and picks. He was almost always a BPA at the draft.

when did the process start? 5-7 years ago?

zero ecfs or finals and the biggest move they made was for Butler and they gave up minor pieces that were hardly part of the process. that was the best move in the 5-7 years.

they're not killing the raptors, the series is even and Toronto has a much less talented group.

I think the point is mostly that tanking is overrated. you got Ben and embiid and still nothing close of value to show for it.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#2038 » by vege » Mon May 6, 2019 3:23 am

So, people said Portland would go nowhere with CJ and Dame, that they should trade one of them and ballance the roster, just like we're not going anywhere with Blake/Drummond.

Portland/Denver series has been a lot of fun, should be a 7 games series and Portland has a very good chance of being a top 4 team in the league this season, without their 3rd best player. All they had to do was find a couple of cheap bench pieces (Hood - whom I dislike but has been playing out of his mind, and Kanter - whom I also dislike but has been very important for them).
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#2039 » by The_Irony » Mon May 6, 2019 6:51 am

Through 4 games, Portland and Denver is by far the best series. What i love seeing the most besides the star play is both teams' wings

The Pistons are so far behind in talent. Rodney Hood and Barton are nothing special to write about but they light years ahead of Ellington and galloway. I would take Malik Beasley, Monte Morris (51st pick) and even Harkless' energy over anything we have.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#2040 » by DBC10 » Mon May 6, 2019 1:01 pm

The_Irony wrote:
DBC10 wrote:So as much as people crap on the Process in Philly, it worked, no? They were going nowhere with the likes of Evan Turner, Iggy, and Jrue but now they look like they're about to kill the Raps and go all the way to the ECF.

when did the process start? 5-7 years ago?

zero ecfs or finals and the biggest move they made was for Butler and they gave up minor pieces that were hardly part of the process. that was the best move in the 5-7 years.

they're not killing the raptors, the series is even and Toronto has a much less talented group.

I think the point is mostly that tanking is overrated. you got Ben and embiid and still nothing close of value to show for it.

That's the entire point, the process hasn't even been finished yet, it's still even too soon to write it off as if it failed because the alternative would be as bad or at worst, they're even worse than they were off than now.

Toronto isn't more talented than they are overall, they got better bench pieces and fit better so that equals it out. No matter how bad Lowry craps the bed in the playoffs.

But I'm wondering what the alternatives were had they not tanked and continued to trot out Spencer Hawes, Jrue, and Evan Turner along with Andrew Bynum? Did that even make the ECF too? It didnt, FYI, they kept getting bounced by random teams so no better than where they're currently at right now, but at least they have a massively brighter future than where they were at a decade ago. They literally weren't going anywhere prior to Hinkie blowing up.

So, not rebuilding properly, and you end up like how our franchise is.

Return to Detroit Pistons