Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: John Wall OUT for 12 months; Ruptured Achilles 

Post#202 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:51 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:What does J Michael slipping have anything to do with John Wall slipping. No offense to J (well, maybe some), but he's a fat slob unathletic looking sports-writer; while John Wall is a professional athlete with a 170 million contract coming up. It ain't exactly brain surgery to know to use a chair in the shower when you're injured. There are literally many millions of people who do that on a regular basis.
I'm 5'8" and 283.

I almost fought a guy the other day. There is a picture of my upper back, shoulders, neck and head as I'm standing next to a group of men at our Men's Retreat 2017.

I'm overweight.

I'm not a slob. My property manager wants to hire me to provide security. Ruzious, I now swim a long time without tiring. I run backwards, dance and do 360s on a treadmill.

Fat is SOMETHING that you might think when you see me. I recall seeing jiggling fat as Josh Barnett won an MMA tournament. Fat guy beatdown and choked out three different opponents over four or five ours.

What I do not like is that some folks are skinny, weak, inflexible, cannot dance, have poor balance, very poor functional strength...Yet they're the first to laugh at what they perceive to be fat slob.

At 4:30 I'm out running and walking on paved streets...Sometimes barefoot.

Yeah, I'm a bit nuts. :)

I'm also sexy and a fledgling actor. I'm a freak of nature. I can do warrior pose while holding heavy gym bag...

And I just turned 58.

Not mad at you, Ruz. Fat shaming? Not going anywhere but I know better.

God is good all the time!

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Glad you're not mad at me and belated Happy B-day. I'll catch up to you in 4 months. Last time I saw J Michael on tv, he looked anything but an athlete, so he's a lot more likely to fall than John Wall. I'm sure you carry you're weight better than he does. Calling one person a fat slob doesn't mean I'm calling everyone that's over-weight a fat slob.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#203 » by stilldropin20 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:What does J Michael slipping have anything to do with John Wall slipping. No offense to J (well, maybe some), but he's a fat slob unathletic looking sports-writer; while John Wall is a professional athlete with a 170 million contract coming up. It ain't exactly brain surgery to know to use a chair in the shower when you're injured. There are literally many millions of people who do that on a regular basis.
I'm 5'8" and 283.

I almost fought a guy the other day. There is a picture of my upper back, shoulders, neck and head as I'm standing next to a group of men at our Men's Retreat 2017.

I'm overweight.

I'm not a slob. My property manager wants to hire me to provide security. Ruzious, I now swim a long time without tiring. I run backwards, dance and do 360s on a treadmill.

Fat is SOMETHING that you might think when you see me. I recall seeing jiggling fat as Josh Barnett won an MMA tournament. Fat guy beatdown and choked out three different opponents over four or five ours.

What I do not like is that some folks are skinny, weak, inflexible, cannot dance, have poor balance, very poor functional strength...Yet they're the first to laugh at what they perceive to be fat slob.

I'm also sexy and a fledgling actor. I'm a freak of nature. I can do warrior pose while holding heavy gym bag...

And I just turned 58.

now this is a guy i could hang out with!!!
like i said, its a full rebuild.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#204 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:11 pm

I still can't believe EG had a standing offer of Ball, KCP and Hart for Wall and he turned it down.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,034

Post#205 » by queridiculo » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:14 pm

nate33 wrote:I still can't believe EG had a standing offer of Ball, KCP and Hart for Wall and he turned it down.

Probably because it didn't happen.

From everything I read it was Rich Paul working behind the scenes to get the move done, but it never gained traction within the Lakers organization to actually prompt an official offer.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#206 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:33 pm

stilldropin20 wrote:
I'm 5'8" and 283.

I'm overweight.

And I just turned 58.

now this is a guy i could hang out with!!!
Right before the Superbowl a guy backed into a parking space...in which I was standing. Like he was going to run over me.

No nice "Excuse me." He COULD NOT POSSIBLY MISS ME or the elderly couple who were parked in the next stall.

Long story short, very scary gang guy or not, I thought he was rude. He listened. I said what I felt, and I left.

Pray and move on. If I allowed that to pile on to all my other concerns, then I'd feel like i got intimidated and I'd have beat myself up psychologically.

I just did what any man might do.

I later asked God what I could have done better; and, to take away any and all fear .

Finito...
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#207 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:35 pm

John Wall is going to GROW and do good things.

RG3 is hanging in there. John might return to a BETTER ORGANIZATION in 2020.

Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#208 » by AFM » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:43 pm

my life goal is getting into a gang fight with CCJ in Hawaii
RealGM

Post#209 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:58 pm

Double post
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#210 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:59 pm

I damn sure can use some backup.

:(

I can't run like I use to and Lord knows the mouth filter is known to fail. I need to travel with a chilled Snickers bar, noise reduction headphones ...

Worst of all is women who be liking chocolate fluffy big guy. I'm not even tryna disrespect no dude with a gal who forgets he's there...

(It's tough being a "fat slob")

;)
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,112

Post#211 » by AFM » Thu Feb 7, 2019 12:37 am

You're THICC bro, it's different.
cwb3
Rookie
And1: 85

Post#212 » by cwb3 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 3:45 am

We are all just raw and beaten down by close to 30 years of this. Wall reminds me of Gil which reminds me of feeling raw. I hope good healing things for John Wall. I am at the wall with even thinking about what is next for the Wizards. (insert face hitting brick wall thingy here)

Not even "blowing it all up" sounds at all interesting right now. . .
montestewart wrote:Players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#213 » by Wizardspride » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#214 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 7:46 pm

we'll see John doing this soon

Read on Twitter
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,604

Post#215 » by pancakes3 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 9:10 pm

god, i hope john uses this time to work on his jumper. you can get about a million shots up over the course of a year.
Bullets -> Wizards
RealGM

Post#216 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:06 am

Ruzious wrote:
I'm 5'8" and 283.

I'm overweight.

And I just turned 58.

Glad you're not mad at me and belated Happy B-day. I'll catch up to you in 4 months. Last time I saw J Michael on tv, he looked anything but an athlete, so he's a lot more likely to fall than John Wall. I'm sure you carry you're weight better than he does. Calling one person a fat slob doesn't mean I'm calling everyone that's over-weight a fat slob.

Ruzious, nothing but love, man. In all the years I do not recall EVER being mad at you.

One thing you can be thankful for, I'll always be older so that makes you younger, even when you reach the birthday milestone. :)

I know you weren't. I'm very reactive to fat shaming and bipolar/mental health shaming.

As a short guy who doesn't get cast for LOTS of parts (for example, I wanted to be on the same set as The Rock, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black when they filmed a movie on the North Shore. However, casting wanted guys 5'10-6'2' and what they call fit (about a 32" waistline, no more than 36) I think I'm hyper-vigilante or just plain defense.

Anna Kendrick is really tiny but very famous.

Unless you're really funny (Ken Jeong and Jack Black) or really Mac Daddy handsome/talented (I'd put Zac Effron and Adam Devine both in this category) you've gotta come across a certain way. BIG GUYS LIKE ME look WAY BIGGER on the big screen.

It is what it is....
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#217 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:08 am

pancakes3 wrote:god, i hope john uses this time to work on his jumper. you can get about a million shots up over the course of a year.

I hope John gets as far away from basketball as possible.

I hope he cleanses his soul, renews his mind, thinks about LIFE a whole lot. Dude owes nobody nada as far as I'm concerned.

He can start working on his game a YEAR from today. He can rehab anywhere in the damn world. Go to Montana if it helps. Just get the F away from all the negativity that is the Wizards.
Bye bye Beal.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Post#218 » by CobraCommander » Sat Feb 9, 2019 2:00 am

pancakes3 wrote:god, i hope john uses this time to work on his jumper. you can get about a million shots up over the course of a year.

I hope he cleanses his soul, renews his mind, thinks about LIFE a whole lot. Dude owes nobody nada as far as I'm concerned.

He can start working on his game a YEAR from today. He can rehab anywhere in the damn world. Go to Montana if it helps. Just get the F away from all the negativity that is the Wizards.

You essentially telling JW to stop following his company. I think John should do nothing but think about basketball. No way the lakers going to get JW now. No way JW getting traded now because that would be 39 million of dead money on your books next year which means JWs cost per year is going to be 56mil per “healthy” year....GOT-HAM-SUN... if Erine trades John Erine SHOULD win executive of the year and a Nobel prize for business.
RealGM

Post#219 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2019 2:20 am

CobraCommander wrote:

You essentially telling JW to stop following his company. I think John should do nothing but think about basketball. No way the lakers going to get JW now. No way JW getting traded now because that would be 39 million of dead money on your books next year which means JWs cost per year is going to be 56mil per “healthy” year....GOT-HAM-SUN... if Erine trades John Erine SHOULD win executive of the year and a Nobel prize for business.

:)

Following the same guys? Even if some are like soul brothers, or, one like a soul mate... Cannot do that IMO.

Lebron James seems pretty much to have a good balance between old friends, business, and whatever makes him THE BEST OVER A LONG PERIOD OF TIME...

I'm thinking Wall KNOWS his salary. So do the hangers on.

The Wizards are going to do what they do. Assassinate his character. Throw him under the bus. Brooks is NOT LIKE THAT. He's not a bad dude even if I don't like his coaching. I'm saying CobraCommander, you're on point. :nod:
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#220 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Feb 9, 2019 2:24 am

John wants the company he keeps.

Sometimes you need to rethink. That's all I'm saying. I don't KNOW ANYBODY BY NAME. I ONLY REMEMBER PICTURES from a private plane, about 2-3 years ago; plus, all the crap I've said over the years. (Much of it wrong. Some of it baseless speculation).

WHAT I WANT is for WALL TO GET OUT OF THIS WITH HIS HEAD HIGH and HIS MIND RIGHT. The basketball will take care of itself. John has come up without a father home. He's already doing well. VERY WELL.

NOW IS THE HARDEST PART...

Avoid substance abuse. Avoid hangers on. Avoid THE HONEY TRAP... GOD KNOWS I FELL HARD at least a couple times with bad marriages...

Wall is very vulnerable IMO. I'd want him to get away...but maybe he doesn't need to. I DUNNO
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards