Anthony Davis Trades

Moderator: bwgood77

parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Re: Anthony Davis Trades 

Post#21 » by parson » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 am

GopherIt! wrote:^^^We will henceforth refer to this offer as the “Atlanta Parsons Project” alternately known as “Preparation H(awks)”.

Which Laker player is better than the ATL 1st and which is better than the DAL 1st?
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#22 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Preparations A through G have failed. We have commenced Preparation H.

Preparation Anthony, Carmelo - FAILED
Preparation Beal, Bradley - FAILED
Preparation Collins, John - FAILED
Preparation Doncic, Luka - FAILED
Preparation Embiid, Joel - FAILED
Preparation Fox, DeAaron - FAILED
Preparation George, Paul - FAILED
Preparation H - IN PROGRESS
Preparation Ingram, Brandon - TBD
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#23 » by pelifan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 pm

parson wrote:Hawks fan here. I come in peace.

If my Hawks came, asking for Davis, would the 2 lottery picks we have coming this June be a good starting point?

It'd be the DAL pick - top 5 protected and the ATL pick - top 1 protected (let's remember that Davis is a flight risk, while Zion Williamson is special).

Remember, I said "starting point."

no. If you arent willing to even give up a chance at Zion then you dont really want Davis
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#24 » by Mattv » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:10 am

What about something like this?

Okc Dallas NO

Okc gets AD Solomon Hill and E.Payton.

Dallas gets Holiday okafor TLC.

NO Pelicans get Adam's D.Smith jr, H.Barnes W.Matthews and Diallo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
pelifan
RealGM

Post#25 » by pelifan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:26 am

Mattv wrote:What about something like this?

Okc Dallas NO

Okc gets AD Solomon Hill and E.Payton.

Dallas gets Holiday okafor TLC.

NO Pelicans get Adam's D.Smith jr, H.Barnes W.Matthews and Diallo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app

okc hasnt the assets
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#26 » by dean456 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:43 am

If I'm New Orleans despite how frustrated I am with the Lakers/Lebron and Rich Paul for orchestrating all this I still think trading with them would give you the best value in return.

Lakers are desperate to win with Lebron and likely have assurances from at least one other star that they will sign with them next season so it is likely that they would be willing to part with all their young core.

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, KCP and a 2019 1st is the strongest package out there which I believe they could get, if Lakers want Davis before the deadline and make Lebron happy they will do it.

Also if Ball doesnt want to be in New Orleans because of Holiday Phoenix could possibly be interested in Josh Jackson and if you are lucky a 2019 1st but more likely a 2020 1st rounder for Ball.

So you would turn Davis into Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, KCP, Jackson, LA's 2019 1st and Phoenix's 2020 1st.

Next season NO is looking at

Holiday/Payton
Moore/KCP
Ingram/Jackson
Kuzma/draft pick
Okafor/Randle/Zubac

A top 4 draft pick this season or top 10 next season in phoenix's pick, top 10 draft pick of your own and a pick in the 20's from LA. To me that is a good young solid team to start over with. Then if you can flip Holiday into some more assets you will be laughing.
trevor0333
Senior
And1: 86

Post#27 » by trevor0333 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 pm

Being a MN fan I get not wanting to send him to the Lakers, however given they still land Davis. Making LA wait to sign him as a FA actually helps the Lakers. They can keep their young talent this way.

Im curious on Pels fans thoughts on trading Davis. Do you prefer to go young and rebuild or make a run this year and next still?

There is a 3 way deal that works cap wise with Memphis and the Lakers.

Memphis gets Lonzo, Ingram, & expirings of Solomon Hill/Caldwell-Pope

Lakers get A. Davis, Wes Johnson, & T. Frazier

Pelicans get Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Josh Hart & Lakers 1st rnd Pick and Multiple Memphis 2nd rnd picks

PS, I have always wanted to watch a Conley/Holiday backcourt :o :nod: also, it would be pretty fun to watch them beat the Davis/Lebron led Lakers team :D
pelifan
RealGM

Post#28 » by pelifan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:40 pm

trevor0333 wrote:Being a MN fan I get not wanting to send him to the Lakers, however given they still land Davis. Making LA wait to sign him as a FA actually helps the Lakers. They can keep their young talent this way.

Im curious on Pels fans thoughts on trading Davis. Do you prefer to go young and rebuild or make a run this year and next still?

There is a 3 way deal that works cap wise with Memphis and the Lakers.

Memphis gets Lonzo, Ingram, & expirings of Solomon Hill/Caldwell-Pope

Lakers get A. Davis, Wes Johnson, & T. Frazier

Pelicans get Mike Conley, Marc Gasol, Josh Hart & Lakers 1st rnd Pick and Multiple Memphis 2nd rnd picks

PS, I have always wanted to watch a Conley/Holiday backcourt :o :nod: also, it would be pretty fun to watch them beat the Davis/Lebron led Lakers team :D

those grizzlies players are toast. Wrong direction for NO and not enough.
BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

Post#29 » by BB_Fan » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:03 pm

dean456 wrote:If I'm New Orleans despite how frustrated I am with the Lakers/Lebron and Rich Paul for orchestrating all this I still think trading with them would give you the best value in return.

Lakers are desperate to win with Lebron and likely have assurances from at least one other star that they will sign with them next season so it is likely that they would be willing to part with all their young core.

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, KCP and a 2019 1st is the strongest package out there which I believe they could get, if Lakers want Davis before the deadline and make Lebron happy they will do it.

Also if Ball doesnt want to be in New Orleans because of Holiday Phoenix could possibly be interested in Josh Jackson and if you are lucky a 2019 1st but more likely a 2020 1st rounder for Ball.

So you would turn Davis into Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, KCP, Jackson, LA's 2019 1st and Phoenix's 2020 1st.

Next season NO is looking at

Holiday/Payton
Moore/KCP
Ingram/Jackson
Kuzma/draft pick
Okafor/Randle/Zubac

A top 4 draft pick this season or top 10 next season in phoenix's pick, top 10 draft pick of your own and a pick in the 20's from LA. To me that is a good young solid team to start over with. Then if you can flip Holiday into some more assets you will be laughing.

You wait for Free Agency to Trade for AD.

These are the packages you can get
Knicks - (2019 FRP (ZIon) + Mavs FRP + Their young players DSJ/Knox/Ntilkana). Knicks will trade as they would form a super team of AD/KD/Kyrie.
Boston might also go all in to get AD if they know knicks are stealing Kyrie. (Boston will give Memphis, Kings , Clippers and their pick plus Tatum, Brown, Rozier.
You will also get better packages from other teams. AD will sign long term because all big market teams have cap space this year

the two packages (Bos\Knicks) are better than Lakers. Dell Demps should be fired as GM if he makes a deal with lakers before Free agency.
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Anthony Davis trade to Lakers 

Post#30 » by Najee12 » Mon Feb 4, 2019 1:00 am

Los Angeles Lakers get: Anthony Davis

New Orleans Pelicans get: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Ivica Zubac and two first-round picks

PG: Ball/Elfrid Payton
SG: Jrue Holiday
SF: Ingram/E'Twan Moore
PF: Nikola Mirotic/Julius Randle
C: Zubac/Jahlil Okafor

The Pelicans lose arguably the best big man in the NBA but replenish with quality depth to fortify its roster. A backcourt of Ball and Holiday would allow the Pelicans to continue pushing the ball at an even more frenetic pace. The Pelicans will have a lot of versatility to create matchup problems. Ball and Ingram can develop more outside of the intense spotlight of the Lakers.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Anthony Davis trade to Lakers 

Post#31 » by Revived » Mon Feb 4, 2019 7:10 pm

Najee12 wrote:Los Angeles Lakers get: Anthony Davis

New Orleans Pelicans get: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Ivica Zubac and two first-round picks

PG: Ball/Elfrid Payton
SG: Jrue Holiday
SF: Ingram/E'Twan Moore
PF: Nikola Mirotic/Julius Randle
C: Zubac/Jahlil Okafor

The Pelicans lose arguably the best big man in the NBA but replenish with quality depth to fortify its roster. A backcourt of Ball and Holiday would allow the Pelicans to continue pushing the ball at an even more frenetic pace. The Pelicans will have a lot of versatility to create matchup problems. Ball and Ingram can develop more outside of the intense spotlight of the Lakers.

Any trade that doesn’t include Kuzma, the Pelicans likely won’t even answer the phone for.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#32 » by statsman » Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:09 pm

I keep seeing several "rumors" about trades that would involve at least three more players going to the Pelicans than leaving the team. Do they have three players they are willing to waive (and possible eat salary if not picked up off waivers) in order to make those types of trades happen?
pelifan
RealGM

Post#33 » by pelifan » Tue Feb 5, 2019 6:27 am

statsman wrote:I keep seeing several "rumors" about trades that would involve at least three more players going to the Pelicans than leaving the team. Do they have three players they are willing to waive (and possible eat salary if not picked up off waivers) in order to make those types of trades happen?

yea most of the roster isnt worth around. 3 easy waives. And could even waive a couple more if needed
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#34 » by Wilber85 » Wed Feb 6, 2019 6:28 pm

D.Brasco wrote:Based on the Pelicans fan activity on this forum it's not surprising he wants to change markets.

Why cause they aren't on their computer, talking about basketball to other out of shape grown men who never made it anywhere in their lives?
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#35 » by GopherIt! » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:28 am

Dell got his revenge for Bron/Klutch/Magic tampering & trolled them hard.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#36 » by GopherIt! » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:32 am

pelifan wrote:.

Peli we could potentially end up w a choice between Tatum/Mem #1 or Knox/NYK #1. Things r looking up brother.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#37 » by JKiddy » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:07 pm

If LAL gives up 3 first round picks and a second round pick with Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and takes S.Hill with AD would you do that today? I feel for your fanbase and understand you need to get the most possible. If two of those 1st round picks had no restrictions what would you say?
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#38 » by granger05 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:54 pm

Are the Pels going to play Davis every game as he indicated he'd like to do, or do they play it safe and sit him till the offseason? Fantasy teams around the country demand to know.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#39 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:18 pm

As a Celtics fan, I suspect Ainge will have various packages for the Pelicans. The packages without Tatum in it will have tons of draft picks including Kings pick/Memphis pick in it and probably Jaylen Brown but the packages with Tatum will be much lighter on picks.

I think Ainge already views Tatum as the best player without question that he has drafted. Ainge didn't draft Pierce but he did draft Rondo.

And even if Ainge ultimately tries to take Tatum off the table and Pelicans aren't interested in dealing with Boston, I think Ainge does so in a way that ends up not screwing over the Pelicans. If Lakers think Tatum is still on table, they need to come up with their best offer in the summer time.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#40 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:11 pm

I doubt Tatum gets traded

I believe picks will be offered mostly to get Davis.

Tatum can walk in few years Boston wants to pair Tatum with Davis not trade him .

I think most of the packages with be without Tatum.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans