Other________
No votes

Total votes: 9

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

who will be the first to get traded? 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:21 pm

I think it's probably Hood but he has to agree to it.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Re: who will be the first to get traded? 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:28 pm

2 votes in 4 days... :nonono:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:13 am

Burks and/or Hood. But if the Pelicans really have half their roster available,I suspect buyers go after those guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:07 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Burks and/or Hood. But if the Pelicans really have half their roster available,I suspect buyers go after those guys.

Yep doesn't look good for CLE right now, but you never know that might do something besides nothing
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#5 » by gflem » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:12 pm

I think the Cavs best opportunity will be as facilitators for larger deals, picking up draft assets in exchange for adding salary. I dont see any teams actually pulling the trigger for Love or TT, but you never know.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 3, 2019 7:17 pm

with 5 days or so left give or take an hour I expect some player movement to be discussed but am leaning towards not much of anything going down at this point as most teams will be shopping the buyout market. So unless Cleveland can get a late first or a couple higher 2nds for eating a long term contract in exchange for Burks expiring I don't see much else being likely.
I guess Hood could be moved for a 2nd and a project player but I don't see CLE eating a bad deal for Hood for one because he sounds interested in staying here,but also because not too many teams are going to likely give up enough draft assets to justify eating a deal.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 242

Post#7 » by cavs4872 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 8:26 pm

I went into this season with a million questions about Hood and none of them have been answered; gone as quickly as he came.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:10 pm

I'm good with the Hood trade. He's inconsistent on offense and bad defensively. He should be a much better defender. I do appreciate the fact that he wasn't a problem in the locker room or with the media.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 3, 2019 10:30 pm

Don't Know what the 2nds are but getting 2 expiring players and 2 2nds is more than enough provided Hood accept the trade.
Wasn't expecting to get any picks without eating a longer deal.
Not sure if Cavs have interest in retaining either player but Baldwin provides good energy and stauskis is probably on his last train out
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:56 pm

If Cavs eat an extra year of Knight sending Burks expiring to Houston for a 2019 lottery protected they should ask for Hartenstien or the Memphis 2020 2nd.
It's a ok deal if the 1st is lighter protection and Houston regressed some down the stretch but I'm not sure Knight ever sees the rotation as an asset other than helping the tank so its eating an extra year of deadweight for a mid to late first and a little more on top seems reasonable
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:29 am

JR is the last man standing.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:12 am

Yeah I guess taking a flyer on Chriss adds enough and works with the lottery protected first from Houston this year . the Cavs now have another draft pick to try to acquire a high upside project ( if they are scouting well) figured Burks to Houston but it's basically the same deal with Burks to Sac and Shump to Houston I guess. Knight may be salvageable as a backup idk yet.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:41 am

Stillwater wrote:Yeah I guess taking a flyer on Chriss adds enough and works with the lottery protected first from Houston this year . the Cavs now have another draft pick to try to acquire a high upside project ( if they are scouting well) figured Burks to Houston but it's basically the same deal with Burks to Sac and Shump to Houston I guess. Knight may be salvageable as a backup idk yet.
If he'll take a buyout, knight should be gone this summer. If he won't, he should probably be cut. I doubt he's worth the roster spot at thus point.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:56 pm

So I'm good with the deals that were done... getting that extra 1st could be valuable to the rebuild if Houston stays btwn 18-22.
some of the long term project frosh that declare could easily be available if 2nd year players like NAW and Okpala have been taken.
I mean just getting Zion if it happens and adding a solid sg/sf prospect later seems like a great draft.
If they don't get Zion then it's already a meh draft, so having 2 picks becomes even more important

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers