Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath 

Post#1 » by Foshan » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:24 am

Last one locked at 100.

While Fultz has rightfully brought out some strong opinions, for better or worse he is not our problem any more.

Future Fultz arguments will be strictly dealt with outside this thread, and this thread should be kept civil.

This can also serve as our ‘Thanks, bye-bye’ thread.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Re: Markelle Fultz VIII: The Aftermath 

Post#2 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:25 am

Bye, dont you dare come back launching 3's.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,560

Post#3 » by FireMorey » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:31 am

Foshan wrote:Last one locked at 100.

While Fultz has rightfully brought out some strong opinions, for better or worse he is not our problem any more.

Future Fultz arguments will be strictly dealt with outside this thread, and this thread should be kept civil.

You mean inside this thread?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Post#4 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:41 am

Well if there's one thing this board needs, it's the ceremonial hurling of insults into a void because a player didn't live up to potential.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#5 » by Simmons25 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:47 am

I always backed the kid... truly believe he was injured and hoped he would get his shot back and prove everyone wrong. But now I am glad he is gone. It's like the girlfriend you knew it wasn't going to work out with... but you kept hoping it would get better. Eventually when you cut the cord its just utter relief that you don't have to care anymore.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,673

Post#6 » by dorkestra » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:58 am

I hope he becomes the GOAT. Nothing but the best.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#7 » by 76ciology » Fri Feb 8, 2019 5:36 am

I like Fultz and I hate what we got in return.

That was an OKC pick that should either be as good as a 2nd rounder (late first) or two 2nd rounders.

Jonathon Simmons sucks
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#8 » by XtremeDunkz » Fri Feb 8, 2019 5:45 am

Negrodamus wrote:Well if there's one thing this board needs, it's the ceremonial hurling of insults into a void because a player didn't live up to potential.

Theres a difference between not living up to potential, and what Fultz is.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,034

Post#9 » by JazzUte88 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:01 am

Nice haul if you ask me.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#10 » by MeloRoseNoah » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:21 am

Good job in securing value from Bultz while extracting as much value as possible. Elton Brand is proving to be a wise GM.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#11 » by Kova » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:05 am

After sleeping on it, I'm still happy with this trade.

I feel sorry for the kid. It was more unfortunate circumstances than his fault (as far as we know), but he certainly didn't help himself.

I think there's a lot wrong in his life and head, and he'll never be mentally equipped to live up to the 1st pick expectations. He might be a solid starter if he sorts out his head and shot eventually.

However, from 76ers standpoint this is great because:
- we finally got rid of this mysterious drama, I feel like we are finally freed
- we know where we are with our roster, and what we need to address in FA (no more question marks)
- we gained 1st rd pick (most likely to convert) and HUGE 2nd round pick from CLE which is worth like 1st round pick if you ask me
. we got some guys that are actually playable in this league.

Like Brett says - what wins in NBA is MEN. Fultz is a child, and that's it for me.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 709

Post#12 » by Kova » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:07 am

Oh, and one last thing.

He will have sooo much more pressure now in Orlando. Yeah, it's a clean start, but if he ain't gonna be able to shoot again, he is out of the league by 2021.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Post#13 » by Negrodamus » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:39 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Well if there's one thing this board needs, it's the ceremonial hurling of insults into a void because a player didn't live up to potential.

Theres a difference between not living up to potential, and what Fultz is.

Well, no one here knows the circumstances that are going on behind the scenes here. So, just to be safe, let’s say the meanest **** about him to make ourselves feel better!
hookshot199
Analyst
And1: 723

Post#14 » by hookshot199 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:15 pm

Foshan wrote:Last one locked at 100.

I've said for some time that we have to separate the trade from the pick.

The trade had potential to be one of the worst draft-day trades ever made if, to be blunt, the Sacramento
pick were to fall in the top two or three.

That outcome is looking less likely today than it did in November. In fact, the Kings have a legitimate shot
at making the playoffs, though I still believe that LeBron will WILL the Lakers to winning the eight spot in
the West.

But essentially, Fultz should have been a three pick and very few people would have complained had we
picked him at three. It was a wasted pick, but no worse - big picture - than Okafor, Adam Morrison,
Deron Williams, and others.

I also think that Fultz would have been under less pressure (lower expectations) had he been drafted no. 3.
I wish him all the best moving forward and hope he becomes a solid starter.

I put this blunder on the Colangelos, father and son, and Adam Silver for forcing the Colangelos on us.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#15 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:34 pm

Elton Brand is a Gawd D.. Wizard. It's unbelievable that he was able get something of value for Markelle Fultz and dump his salary at the same time. To get a 1st round pick and what is likely a top two 2nd round pick is way more than they had any right to get.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#16 » by Sixersftw » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:02 pm

And some say, his ignore list shrank three sizes this day.

I'm just glad it's over and we got some semblance value back.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
mattd13
Senior
And1: 119

Post#17 » by mattd13 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:04 pm

best of luck to fultz.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#18 » by Skates » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:06 pm

It was what it was and is what it is and we move on just as Elton knew the team and the player and the fans all needed to.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#19 » by rzzzzz » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:44 pm

Is it wrong to assume that, despite his agents assurance to the contrary, Fultz is nowhere close to sufficient recovery to perform on the court again? Brett seemed to hint as much, and surely Elton would be all over this. (I still think the notion that the kid bashed in his shoulder in a two wheeler accident is the most satisfactory explanation.)
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#20 » by kuclas » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:59 pm

I seriously was so happy when I thought we got Jonathan issac plus another 1st round pick. Than had to do a double take cause my buddy sent me a Twitter link. Jonathan issac vs Jonathan Simmons. Brain freeze.

I’m down in Florida so follow the magic also. But Jonathan issac and mo bamba cannot co exist together. So I thought Orlando gave up on Jonathan Issac.

But whatever. Wish fultz well. Sixers clear his 9.5 million cap space as well. Sometimes u have to cut ur losses.

And I truly hope fultz becomes a star for the magic. I kept waiting for oladipo to turn it during his magic years and Orlando gave up on him as well.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers