Bruno Fernando

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Bruno Fernando 

Post#1 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 am

This guy is a beast! He'll be a double double guy in the NBA for years to come.

Shoots a very high %, rebounds at a high rate and protects the rim as well. decent free throw shooter. Best centre in the draft. Kinda reminds me of Clint Capela
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Re: Bruno Fernando 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 am

Montrezl Harrell part 2...he'll drop in the draft because he's not a sophisticated scorer and is on the older side but there's no way this guy isn't a productive player in the NBA (I said the same exact thing about Harrell at the time).

not the best C prospect tho
916fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#3 » by 916fan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 am

clyde21 wrote:Montrezl Harrell part 2...he'll drop in the draft because he's not a sophisticated scorer and is on the older side but there's no way this guy isn't a productive player in the NBA (I said the same exact thing about Harrell at the time).

I had the same conceptions about Harrell. I loved him, but I just didn't think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in college.. but he's proving us wrong, although it did take 3-4 years for him to get here. Harrell is so good right now. There's no way he's only averaging 25mpg. He has amazing splits... 15.7pts/6.7rebs/1.4blks on 63.2% FG.

Curious, where do you have Bruno? I have him mid-1st going into the lotto now.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 am

916fan wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Montrezl Harrell part 2...he'll drop in the draft because he's not a sophisticated scorer and is on the older side but there's no way this guy isn't a productive player in the NBA (I said the same exact thing about Harrell at the time).

I had the same conceptions about Harrell. I loved him, but I just didn't think he'd be anywhere near as dominant as he was in college.. but he's proving us wrong, although it did take 3-4 years for him to get here. Harrell is so good right now. There's no way he's only averaging 25mpg. He has amazing splits... 15.7pts/6.7rebs/1.4blks on 63.2% FG.

Curious, where do you have Bruno? I have him mid-1st going into the lotto now.

i have him in the 20s (not sure where yet, a lot of guys close to each other) now, and my #4 center after Jontay, Hayes and Bol.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#5 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 am

He is not the same level of athlete, but he is basically poor man's Serge
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#6 » by doordoor123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Fischella wrote:He is not the same level of athlete, but he is basically poor man's Serge

This is a pretty solid comparison in terms of his body, but Fernando is a much better passer than Serge and a better rebounder. His passing for me is what sells me on Fernando. To me he’s the Pascal Siakam of this draft, a lot of teams are going to miss on him and the one that picks him is going to say he’s a steal.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,217

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

I agree his passing is his +++ skill.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#8 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm

I dunno, he makes solid passes but you can see the wheel turnings out there, he aint a natural, same with Ibaka, they dont really figure the game fast

Ibaka is a much more dynamic athlete that can handle it, comparing Fernando to him makes no sense, if Siakam had Giannis length/athletic package, he would pretty damn close to that level of player
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#9 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Fischella wrote:He is not the same level of athlete, but he is basically poor man's Serge

Actually, like you said... comparing Fernando to Ibaka doesn't make much sense - since they're very different types of players. Bruno's a much more physical player - a beast. Fernando keeps on improving, and he's developing a face-up game. There's no reason to believe it won't get better - much like Ibaka's did.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM

Post#10 » by No-Man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Actually, like you said... comparing Fernando to Ibaka doesn't make much sense - since they're very different types of players. Bruno's a much more physical player - a beast. Fernando keeps on improving, and he's developing a face-up game. There's no reason to believe it won't get better - much like Ibaka's did.

Sooo then it does make sense?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Fischella wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Sooo then it does make sense?

Lol, no. Contrast does not equal compare. Again, you got it right on your second try when you said comparing them makes no sense.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,870

Post#12 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I like that Bruno is built and actually plays like he knows it. His motor is wired to play strong.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:52 pm

It's amazing that Harrell got only a 12 mil over 2 years contract. I think part of it is his height - there's a predisposition to assume he's too short to be consistently effective. But Bruno's about average height for a center and shouldn't have that issue. Of the centers you have above him... I like both Jontay and Bol, but they have significant injury issues (the Porter family surgeon must be rich), and foot injuries to 7 footers (Bol) are usually very problematic. Hayes seems to be a long way from being NBA ready. Right now, I'd put Bruno at the top of that group, but I am biased - being a MD grad.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I like that Bruno is built and actually plays like he knows it. His motor is wired to play strong.

yea, he has an NBA body and elite length (better than Harrell) and that motor is just nonstop. Like Fischella said tho he doesn't necessarily process things quickly but I don't think that's a big negative for what he's going to be asked to do in the NBA (at least at first).

there's no way he's not a productive NBA player, though, he's going to be a menace on the boards and in transition.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,913

Post#15 » by tundraknight » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:10 am

Nerlens Noel 2.0?
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#16 » by GimmeDat » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:05 am

I need to have him even higher than I do. He's probably fringe lottery. He's a real plus athlete who makes the most of it. I've been riding Gafford>Fernando in that sort of archetype most of the season but I think I may end up flipping that.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#17 » by doordoor123 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 4:39 pm

GimmeDat wrote:I need to have him even higher than I do. He's probably fringe lottery. He's a real plus athlete who makes the most of it. I've been riding Gafford>Fernando in that sort of archetype most of the season but I think I may end up flipping that.

Fernando is a much better player than Gafford just overall. He’s firmly in the lottery for me.

Like I’m watching JaVale McGee start games and I want to blow my **** head off watching him. Fernando is much much better than that.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#18 » by clyde21 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:23 pm

Fernando is Montrezl Harrell, but even more athletic.

this guy will be an absolute monster if used right and in a limited role.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#19 » by No-Man » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:34 pm

Fernando is absolutely not more athletic than Harrell lol
clyde21
RealGM

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:50 pm

Fischella wrote:Fernando is absolutely not more athletic than Harrell lol