Didn’t see the ducler thread.

Off to a super slow start down 0-7.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Game #55 Sacramento vs Miami 

Post#2 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:20 am

Date night with the wife. I'm turning the phone off so I dont get any spoiler alerts. I'll check in late tonight.

Go Kings!

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Sat Feb 9, 2019 3:21 am

Bad start... the fact that Beli/WCS is still the starting front court is no
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#4 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 4:20 am

The trades aren’t any excuse for not sharing the basketball, running hard and with a purpose in transition, and making energy plays. Just sayin!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:05 am

Anything is better than WCS as I said in the General Thread. Bring in Enes. I’m disappointed in Fox’s season
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#6 » by codydaze » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:24 am

Way to fight back and steal this win. Need to take care of business when Phoenix comes to town on Sunday.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:30 am

codydaze wrote:Way to fight back and steal this win. Need to take care of business when Phoenix comes to town on Sunday.

Yeah each time this happens it just builds belief in them. Can’t happen against Phoenix though. Need to come out strong.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#8 » by codydaze » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:31 am

simonbampfield wrote:
codydaze wrote:Way to fight back and steal this win. Need to take care of business when Phoenix comes to town on Sunday.

Yeah each time this happens it just builds belief in them. Can’t happen against Phoenix though. Need to come out strong.

Good to grab a win like this especially with bringing the new guys in.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:34 am

Yeah, Barnes is going to be great for this team defensively. Burks slashing made an impact. Job well done Vlade.
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#10 » by nolimit0820 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:41 am

It’s nice to see a high caliber physical athlete like Barnes on the perimeter. Gives so much versatility in line ups. Love it!!!
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#11 » by sacking123 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:51 am

nolimit0820 wrote:It’s nice to see a high caliber physical athlete like Barnes on the perimeter. Gives so much versatility in line ups. Love it!!!

I think Joerger will be a good coach for him too and if he gets that creativity with his line ups this squad is dangerous. So many different versions of Kings ball.

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#12 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Feb 9, 2019 7:02 am

Ugliest win this year but hats off to Miami for their defense. Spo coached a great game: the full court press and zone really messed us up they just didn't have anyone to take the game home down the stretch. Winslow and Richardson are tough on both ends and really made Fox's life miserable. That being said, can he get a FOUL call for Christ's sake! He gets blatantly hacked at least twice a game without a whistle. That's gotta be frustrating. If I was his agent I would be spamming the league office with video tapes of this crap.

Barnes and Burks seem like they are going to fit in perfectly. Vlade has done a great job building the team. Now let's please move WCS and Bjelica to the bench.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Sat Feb 9, 2019 9:16 am

I just finished the game. Surprisingly I avoided all spoilers. Man that was an ugly game for 42 minutes. I ALMOST turned it off late in the 3rd. It just felt like one of those nights where the Kings were never going to get anything going. Ha glad I stuck with it!

Some thoughts:

Burks is going to be a huge addition to the bench

Joerger started the 2nd half with Barnes at the 4. We all know Joerger has a thing for the combo forward and I'm here for it!

Barnes with 7 rebounds!

Miami's defense is tough. Sheesh.

How did Mason get the jersey swap with Wade? Who here thinks Wade keeps Mason's jersey longterm? Like how awkward is that for Wade to go through his jersey's 20 years from now and be like "Mason III? You know I'm not even sure this guy played against me?"

Erik Spoelstra is a good coach. Kept the Kings on their toes and he used his timeouts well. Pat Riley needs to get that man a PG

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Yao4REAL
Sophomore
And1: 13

Post#14 » by Yao4REAL » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:17 pm

Did you see the instant replay where Fox was driving to the hoop and was clearly hammer at arm and cause to ball to go out of bound? That was BS refereeing. They call it turnover lol. Stupid ref. I have no doubt referees are making guessing calls on these type of plays because human eyes cannot, i repeat CANNOT see it fast it enough where they can discern if arm or hand are being hit or not. It's just too fast for human eyes to see when players are stripping the ball. So, they had to make a decision based on the physic of the ball, where the ball bounce off of for example...and then they guess. If you're a superstar, they tend to call in favor of them whether they're correct or not, which again bogus. Superstar treatment is bogus.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#15 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 10:12 pm

Yao4REAL wrote:Did you see the instant replay where Fox was driving to the hoop and was clearly hammer at arm and cause to ball to go out of bound? That was BS refereeing. They call it turnover lol. Stupid ref. I have no doubt referees are making guessing calls on these type of plays because human eyes cannot, i repeat CANNOT see it fast it enough where they can discern if arm or hand are being hit or not. It's just too fast for human eyes to see when players are stripping the ball. So, they had to make a decision based on the physic of the ball, where the ball bounce off of for example...and then they guess. If you're a superstar, they tend to call in favor of them whether they're correct or not, which again bogus. Superstar treatment is bogus.

Yup it's one of the reasons he has shoulder issues and can't finish nearly as well as he did in the beginning of the year. Guys know that that blow by attempted layup is what he does 85% of the time and just mirror and extend at the hoop. As long as they get part of the ball most likely they won't get the foul call. Happened 3 times last night. He is gonna have to change up his tendencies because he isn't built like Harden and can't take those hits yet.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#16 » by bleeds_purple » Sat Feb 9, 2019 11:23 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
Yao4REAL wrote:Did you see the instant replay where Fox was driving to the hoop and was clearly hammer at arm and cause to ball to go out of bound? That was BS refereeing. They call it turnover lol. Stupid ref. I have no doubt referees are making guessing calls on these type of plays because human eyes cannot, i repeat CANNOT see it fast it enough where they can discern if arm or hand are being hit or not. It's just too fast for human eyes to see when players are stripping the ball. So, they had to make a decision based on the physic of the ball, where the ball bounce off of for example...and then they guess. If you're a superstar, they tend to call in favor of them whether they're correct or not, which again bogus. Superstar treatment is bogus.

Yup it's one of the reasons he has shoulder issues and can't finish nearly as well as he did in the beginning of the year. Guys know that that blow by attempted layup is what he does 85% of the time and just mirror and extend at the hoop. As long as they get part of the ball most likely they won't get the foul call. Happened 3 times last night. He is gonna have to change up his tendencies because he isn't built like Harden and can't take those hits yet.

The next step in his offensive development is going to be adding a consistent mid-range pull up. If he gets that down he will be a consistent 20+ PPG scorer.

Return to Sacramento Kings