ImageImageImage

~ Cleveland Cavaliers offseason masterplan ~

Moderator: ijspeelman

JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,802

~ Cleveland Cavaliers offseason masterplan ~ 

Post#1 » by JJ_PR » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am

The Cleveland Cavaliers enter the offseason with a bleak future at best. That said, there are some interesting things to look out on the roster.

First & foremost, they will have a ton of expiring contracts next year. They also have Kevin Love, who they could dangle at any given time. We will have two draft picks this year & the Bucks first rounder in '21.

That said, I wanna throw some ideas for the Cavs to consider this offseason. These are just ideas, and obviously I do it with the purpose of improving my team, but I give reasons for the other team as well.

Trade #1: Cleveland - Sacramento

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love | Ante Zizic

Sacramento trades: Marvin Bagley | Harrison Barnes

Why for Cleveland? Acquire a solid post player with potential & Barnes who will be an expiring next season, which will be used in the following trade.

Why for Sacramento? The Kings get an all star in his prime who has proven to be great in any role he's given. He's close friends with Klay Thompson, who is a UFA this offseason. Kevin Love could make a pitch to Klay to see if he wants to join Sacramento and be given a bigger role on offense.

Trade #2: Cleveland - Chicago

Cleveland trades: Harrison Barnes

Chicago trades: Zach LaVine

Why for Cleveland? Take a flyer on LaVine, who is having a career year and could be an all star down the road.

Why for Chicago? Trading LaVine clears up 20M in cap room for this years free agency, & they could do something similar with Porter Jr. & have two max slots & a bunch of young players; Kevin Durant & Kemba Walker could be options for them.

Trade #3: Cleveland - Orlando

Cleveland trades: J.R. Smith

Orlando trades: Aaron Gordon

Why for Cleveland? Acquire a young big with elite athleticism; he could be a Josh Smith type of player off the bench & would be paired with slam dunk contest rival Zach LaVine, which would be pretty exciting to watch.

Why for Orlando? Shed Gordon's salary to save 20M. They could also move Fournier along with Bamba to get cap flexibility for this offseason. Kawhi Leonard & DeMarcus Cousins are two names that come to mind for them.

Trade #4: Cleveland - Minnesota

Cleveland trades: Tristan Thompson | Matthew Dellavedova

Minnesota trades: Andrew Wiggins

Why for Cleveland? Bring back Wiggins; a change of scenery may be all he needs to flourish. The talent is there.

Why for Minnesota? Get rid of Wiggins contract and move in a different direction.

Trade #5: Cleveland - San Antonio

Cleveland trades: John Henson

San Antonio trades: Patrick Mills

Why for Cleveland? We could use a decent back up point guard.

Why for San Antonio? They swap Mills & his two guaranteed years for Henson, who expires at the end of the season.

Trade #6: Cleveland - Boston

Cleveland trades: Collin Sexton | Brandon Knight | 3 first rounders via Houston, '21 Bucks pick & '21 Cavs pick (top 5 protected) | 4 second round picks

Boston trades: Kyrie Irving

Why for Cleveland? This move involves doing a S&T with Boston in order to bring back Kyrie back to Cleveland. Kyrie never complained about the city or the weather, and it's not like Boston's weather is any better. They have the ability to offer him the supermax after acquiring him.

Why for Boston? Kyrie agrees to exercise his player option, making it easier for the Cavs to trade for him. Boston gets a solid haul for a player on his way out.

Move #6: Sign Nikola Vucevic for the full MLE (1+1). These free agent markets are unpredictable, & Vucevic could find himself without the contract he's looking for. Bring him to Cleveland and see if he can stick long term.

TANK FOR ZION WILLIAMSON!

PG: Kyrie Irving | Patrick Mills
SG: Zach LaVine | Jordan Clarkson
SF: Zion Williamson | Andrew Wiggins | Cedi Osman
PF: Marvin Bagley III | Aaron Gordon | Marquese Chriss
C: Nikola Vucevic | Larry Nance Jr.
Coach: Larry Drew
:nod:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: ~ Cleveland Cavaliers offseason masterplan ~ 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:09 pm

I'd like some of what you smoking pal... delusional if you really believe any of these other orgs would take those low ball offers.
don't quit your day job, i hope it's not in the business field.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers