Post#1 » by ducler » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:45 am

Read on Twitter
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Re: Game #56 Sacramento vs Phoenix 

Post#2 » by OGSactownballer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Ok fellas.

No fooling around or dummy stuff with these guys today. Come out hard and fast and keep the foot in the gas and don’t look back until you cross the finish line.

It looks pretty obvious that Doc certainly isn’t mailing in the season whether the FO likes it or not in Clipperland. We need to just focus on winning out as much as possible.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:40 pm

The Kings have the personnel to better matchup with teams like this. Keep that gas on and don't try anything outside of their comfort zone.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#4 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:Ok fellas.

No fooling around or dummy stuff with these guys today. Come out hard and fast and keep the foot in the gas and don’t look back until you cross the finish line.

It looks pretty obvious that Doc certainly isn’t mailing in the season whether the FO likes it or not in Clipperland. We need to just focus on winning out as much as possible.

I was thinking about it the other day. The only real way to get into the postseason is winning. I'd hate to see them get in and everyone claim it was just because the other teams around them lost. This competition getting into the postseason might be even more important than getting in depending on the circumstances. They have to want it.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#5 » by benchmobbin02 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm

The suns have lost 13 straight but that means nothing in the NBA.

I anticipate a lineup of Ayton, Oubre, Jackson, Bridges and Okobo and to see a lot of defense similar to the Heat's effort 2 days ago. Their length will give us problems. This has the makings of a trap game unless we play disciplined and limit turnovers. The Suns don't mind playing fast so this will be a fun game to watch imo. Oh and they beat us a month ago.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,504

Post#6 » by codydaze » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Good start through one. Feels like we should be up by more than 10.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:54 am

Great game. Bagley showed dominant offense. Fox looked solid. The starting frontcourt, which draws my ire usually, played well.

One criticism I’d have is Giles. I don’t know if I’m seeing enough to label him a definitive part of the core going forward. Still needs to get much better a being a defensive presence, and still looks a bit limited athletically at times. The trade/transactions board acts like Kings fans are speaking another language when they value him. Overall I need to see more from him, or IMO we might need another big with Marvin long term
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#8 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 am

BoogieTime wrote:Great game. Bagley showed dominant offense. Fox looked solid. The starting frontcourt, which draws my ire usually, played well.

One criticism I’d have is Giles. I don’t know if I’m seeing enough to label him a definitive part of the core going forward. Still needs to get much better a being a defensive presence, and still looks a bit limited athletically at times. The trade/transactions board acts like Kings fans are speaking another language when they value him. Overall I need to see more from him, or IMO we might need another big with Marvin long term

Because of the hype and the flashes we've seen from him, I see were you're coming from with his value but needing to see more from him and maybe needing another big is laughable. He is basically a rookie coming off a major injury. Give the kid at least a year of playing time and adding strength to put that on him.

I think Vlade is aware of the issues you bring up tho and Swanigan is evidence of that. I can also see us using 2 2nd rd picks on the front court. One center and one stretch forward.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:01 am

Booker is a whinny player on the court. There was nothing enjoyable about his game. Is he always like that?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#10 » by enderwilson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:46 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Great game. Bagley showed dominant offense. Fox looked solid. The starting frontcourt, which draws my ire usually, played well.

Because of the hype and the flashes we've seen from him, I see were you're coming from with his value but needing to see more from him and maybe needing another big is laughable. He is basically a rookie coming off a major injury. Give the kid at least a year of playing time and adding strength to put that on him.

I think Vlade is aware of the issues you bring up tho and Swanigan is evidence of that. I can also see us using 2 2nd rd picks on the front court. One center and one stretch forward.

How is it remotely possible to evaluate Harry's fit long term?

He's 20 years old, halfway through his rookie season, coming back from what would otherwise be a series of injuries that in most cases would end a player's career. I don't think it's possible (much less fair in Harry's case) to effectively determine a rookie's long term status as an NBA player until AT LEAST year two.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:39 pm

enderwilson wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

He's 20 years old, halfway through his rookie season, coming back from what would otherwise be a series of injuries that in most cases would end a player's career. I don't think it's possible (much less fair in Harry's case) to effectively determine a rookie's long term status as an NBA player until AT LEAST year two.

Who is doing that? I’m giving my impression of him now. Now, I haven’t seen enough that I consider him part of the core going forward, it would be nice if he changes my mind

I consider the hype a bit outlandish at this point. Kings media needs to act like they’ve been there before
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#12 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
enderwilson wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:

Who is doing that? I’m giving my impression of him now. Now, I haven’t seen enough that I consider him part of the core going forward, it would be nice if he changes my mind

I consider the hype a bit outlandish at this point. Kings media needs to act like they’ve been there before

This core stuff is getting convoluted. The real question is whether he is expendable in our eyes based on what we've seen and how we predict he will develop?

HELL no, he isn't expendable.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#13 » by Silver Man » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm

30 wins before the All Star break feel great. Tough stretch coming up including more game before the All Star break at Denver.

26 more games to go. Tough stretch coming up. Probably will need 15ish wins outta the 26 to make the playoffs.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#14 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Silver Man wrote:30 wins before the All Star break feel great. Tough stretch coming up including more game before the All Star break at Denver.

26 more games to go. Tough stretch coming up. Probably will need 15ish wins outta the 26 to make the playoffs.

This last stretch will be huge for their growth. Hopefully the end result is a positive for the fans and team.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#15 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
Silver Man wrote:30 wins before the All Star break feel great. Tough stretch coming up including more game before the All Star break at Denver.

This last stretch will be huge for their growth. Hopefully the end result is a positive for the fans and team.

I agree. Only winning the games that we are suppose to won't cut it. We have 14 of the 26 remaining games vs current playoff teams. We are 11-20 vs those teams currently. We will need to pull out a much better percentage vs good teams to have a shot. But I am optimistic all the same. With the addition of Barnes and the emergence of a more aggressive Bags we are a better team with more options. Where we will really need to improve on the defensive end. Surprisingly, I see WCS and also Barnes as the keys here. If WCS can continue this good stretch of interior defense and Barnes can make it harder for big wings to score we have a shot.

One thing I don't thing we'll have to worry about is the chemistry/energy problem we had about immediately after the trade.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:05 am

I caught some of NBA The Jump earlier today. Two things jumped out at me.

TMac thinks the Kings will win 45 games.

The Kings have the 9th toughest SOS remaining. Sadly, two of the teams we are competing with for 7th and 8th have a super soft SOS, like in the neighborhood of 25th.

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:21 am

City of Trees wrote:I caught some of NBA The Jump earlier today. Two things jumped out at me.

The Kings have the 9th toughest SOS remaining. Sadly, two of the teams we are competing with for 7th and 8th have a super soft SOS, like in the neighborhood of 25th.

1. Congrats on being a mod . :)

2. I'm seeing your remaining SOS as easier here:

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

and here

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html

than the Lakers.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#18 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:13 am

bondom34 wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I caught some of NBA The Jump earlier today. Two things jumped out at me.

and here

than the Lakers.

Thanks! 8-)

You know, 9th SOS felt wrong but I swear that's what the graphic said so I went on a mission to find it. Check out the youtube clip from today's episode at 4:21
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#19 » by bondom34 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 am

City of Trees wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

and here

than the Lakers.

Thanks! 8-)

You know, 9th SOS felt wrong but I swear that's what the graphic said so I went on a mission to find it. Check out the youtube clip from today's episode at 4:21

Hm, weird. I don't know exactly how BPI works, but seems like part of it is preseason expectations too, so that may be dragging you down. Man I'm pulling for you guys. LAC would be OK too but I don't know if they want in, you'd be so much fun.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#20 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:35 am

bondom34 wrote:Hm, weird. I don't know exactly how BPI works, but seems like part of it is preseason expectations too, so that may be dragging you down. Man I'm pulling for you guys. LAC would be OK too but I don't know if they want in, you'd be so much fun.

I'm not familiar with BPI either. Checked out ESPN and here is their summary of how its calculated:

"BPI accounts for game-by-game efficiency, strength of schedule, pace, days of rest, game location and preseason expectations."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Basketball-Power-Index/espn-nba-basketball-power-index

You could be onto something with our preseason expectations.

Edit:

So BPI incorporates the Vegas expected win total AND the previous years win total.

Yeah, BPI isn't an accurate measuring tool for the Kings.

Good call Bondom

Return to Sacramento Kings