ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Caris LeVert Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: Official Caris LeVert Thread 

Post#1801 » by kamaze » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:I think Caris needs to be running the point until Dinwiddie returns. Napier has been killing us in the losses, and there needs to be a limit on his play time. Caris is a proven ball handler and nightmare matchup.

keep the rotation:
Russell -- Levert
Harris -- Crabbe
Kurucs -- Carroll
Graham -- Rondae
Allen -- Davis

Caris is a scorer though eventually he'll be starting in the back court with Russel and Harris can slide over. No rush.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,841

Post#1802 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
It's harder to get steals in the zone though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we in zone when LeVert got one or two of his steals the other night?

I don't think so I could be wrong though.

Not that I'd want to rewatch anything from that game but I swear he got two of his steals while he was playing at the top of the key in the zone.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1803 » by MGrand15 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we in zone when LeVert got one or two of his steals the other night?

I don't think so I could be wrong though.

Not that I'd want to rewatch anything from that game but I swear he got two of his steals while he was playing at the top of the key in the zone.

Yeah definitely. At least 2. Maybe 3.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1804 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

kamaze wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:I think Caris needs to be running the point until Dinwiddie returns. Napier has been killing us in the losses, and there needs to be a limit on his play time. Caris is a proven ball handler and nightmare matchup.

keep the rotation:
Russell -- Levert
Harris -- Crabbe
Kurucs -- Carroll
Graham -- Rondae
Allen -- Davis

Caris is a scorer though eventually he'll be starting in the back court with Russel and Harris can slide over. No rush.

i dont think starting or not matters... dinwiddie didnt start but was getting 28-30 mpg, 15-20 shots a game and closed out games. so could be similar for Caris. depends how much the like graham at the 4 and how much they want to stagger DLO/Caris

as soon as caris can play 30 minutes, napier should be glued to the bench
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1805 » by kamaze » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

keep the rotation:
Russell -- Levert
Harris -- Crabbe
Kurucs -- Carroll
Graham -- Rondae
Allen -- Davis

i dont think starting or not matters... dinwiddie didnt start but was getting 28-30 mpg, 15-20 shots a game and closed out games. so could be similar for Caris. depends how much the like graham at the 4 and how much they want to stagger DLO/Caris

He was a starter before he went down I'd think him starting would be ideal with Spencer coming off the bench...
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1806 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

He was a starter before he went down I'd think him starting would be ideal with Spencer coming off the bench...

yes once spencer is back... im talking until that happens
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#1807 » by NetsJets » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:16 pm

I’d start Caris in the next game.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Post#1808 » by Steelo Green » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 pm

NetsJets wrote:I’d start Caris in the next game.

My guess is he is off the bench and starts once back from the break. His minutes restriction is likely to be a short one and he should be back to 30 minutes in the next few games.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Post#1809 » by NetsJets » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:10 am

Steelo Green wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I’d start Caris in the next game.

My guess is he is off the bench and starts once back from the break. His minutes restriction is likely to be a short one and he should be back to 30 minutes in the next few games.

He ended up starting tonight and imo it was the right call. He’ll be back to his regular minutes after the all star break.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1810 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:43 pm

I just love comments of stat watchers and that's all the argument they have.

And honestly, yeah, I was kinda poking Prok a bit who kept downplaying Levert all season long. It wasn't about Russell or Spencer.

It was about this damn good player we've been missing who showed up after missing 3 months and basically showing he can get to any spot on the floor while disrupting the opposing team's offense, getting rebounds and setting his teammates up.

Just funny I come back and sure enough of his replies are "what data backs this up?"

**** dude. Watch the damn game.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1811 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Good to have LeVert starting last night and putting up a good line of 12pts 7rebs 9asts 1blk with 2 3PTs. That's what we really need from him, that all around production and north south penetration to the basket.

I think the Nets three headed monster in the backcourt will become a huge story post all star break.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1812 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Good to see him hit 2 3s. He missed a few bunnies inside and I thought he got fouled a couple times but he's been getting to his spots. Can't ask for more offensively. He made some beautiful passes yesterday.

Him and Russell have a chance to be a special duo. Their games compliment each other perfectly. They're both comfortable on and off the ball. They both have confidence but have a lot of respect for each other. Super important for 2 guys that work best as lead ball handlers.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,769

Post#1813 » by Karate Diop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:57 pm

CL is still a step slow right now, looks kind of heavy-footed at times but hopefully some more in game reps will have him looking spry by the end of the regular season...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1814 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 am

MGrand15 wrote:Good to see him hit 2 3s. He missed a few bunnies inside and I thought he got fouled a couple times but he's been getting to his spots. Can't ask for more offensively. He made some beautiful passes yesterday.

Him and Russell have a chance to be a special duo. Their games compliment each other perfectly. They're both comfortable on and off the ball. They both have confidence but have a lot of respect for each other. Super important for 2 guys that work best as lead ball handlers.

yup... if he can hit threes it will go a long way... especially if he may play more off-ball now that russell has emerged. he doesnt need to be a sniper but 33% consistently would be awesome. i have no doubts his drive game will eventually return to form and i think playing in zone will do wonders for him defensively
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1815 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm

He needs to clean up his form on those three point shots. Dude looks like he's just tossing up prayers.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#1816 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:He needs to clean up his form on those three point shots. Dude looks like he's just tossing up prayers.

he's never been a great three point shooter... nor does he need to be... his strength is driving and playing uptempo. i think with time he can be an average shooter. he was last year
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#1817 » by DeRoma » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:07 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Good to have LeVert starting last night and putting up a good line of 12pts 7rebs 9asts 1blk with 2 3PTs. That's what we really need from him, that all around production and north south penetration to the basket.

I think the Nets three headed monster in the backcourt will become a huge story post all star break.

LeVert needs this break just to mesh the team. He is trying to change his game for the players we have which i'm not sure it will be a good thing or a bad thing. But certainly if it do work its great for our future.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1818 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 am

I don't think he needs to really change anything. He and Russell have great chemistry. He needs to go north south, get to the line, and make the correct pass like he usually does.

Barnsey
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1819 » by Barnsey » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 am

Spurs fan here. I f*cking love Caris LeVert but i worry that he's injury prone. I thought i'd ask guys who follow him more than I do. Are his injuries coincidental? Or is there a reason?

Is there maybe something wrong with his biomechanics or something? Or just unlucky?
Twitter: @Barnsketball
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1820 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Barnsey wrote:Spurs fan here. I f*cking love Caris LeVert but i worry that he's injury prone. I thought i'd ask guys who follow him more than I do. Are his injuries coincidental? Or is there a reason?

Is there maybe something wrong with his biomechanics or something? Or just unlucky?

Bad luck, his dislocation injury had nothing to do with his surgically repaired foot. He should be fine, last year he played 71 games and was relatively healthy.

Return to Brooklyn Nets