ImageImage

OT - Things to do in Portland/OR?

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

tacos
Senior
And1: 383

Re: OT - Things to do in Portland/OR? 

Post#21 » by tacos » Tue Aug 2, 2016 3:35 am

Unicycling, excellent beer and weed, very liberal adult dancing laws with a ton of clubs (dancers ranging from some very good to lots of very very very bad), lots of good interesting food, obscure musical instruments and the geeks that play them, big lumberjack beards on goofey dudes who can't make a campfire, horse racing with gambling... Plenty fun
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#22 » by TBpup » Mon Jan 2, 2017 6:18 pm

Go to a Blazer game. Lots of cheap tickets available. 8-)
@TBpup22
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#23 » by lakerhater » Sun May 28, 2017 5:22 am

This is more of a stay away alert for you guys up there in the Pacific Northwest. Stay far, far away from Terry Schrunk Plaza on Sunday June 4th. There's a chance a riot similar to the battle of Berkeley will happen at that place on that day.

Stay safe realgmers.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Post#24 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 pm

lakerhater wrote:This is more of a stay away alert for you guys up there in the Pacific Northwest. Stay far, far away from Terry Schrunk Plaza on Sunday June 4th. There's a chance a riot similar to the battle of Berkeley will happen at that place on that day.

Stay safe realgmers.

Why?
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#25 » by lakerhater » Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
lakerhater wrote:This is more of a stay away alert for you guys up there in the Pacific Northwest. Stay far, far away from Terry Schrunk Plaza on Sunday June 4th. There's a chance a riot similar to the battle of Berkeley will happen at that place on that day.

Stay safe realgmers.

Why?

There is a good chance you guys are going to have a riot out there if the Portland PD don't get between the alt right led by Based Stickman and far left groups led by Antifa.

The alt right is holding what they call a free speech rally on that day in Portland. If you're not familiar with the Battle of Berkeley just look it up on YouTube.

I'm just trying to help my fellow realgmers avoid what could be a volatile and possibly dangerous situation.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#26 » by lakerhater » Tue May 30, 2017 12:56 am

Your mayor is now asking the Feds to stop the June 4th rally. I'd expect the Feds to say no to that request as they've already signed off on a permit for the event to take place plus the ACLU seems to be siding with the alt right on this one.
Deewar
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Deewar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 am

Will have to give this thread a good read in the coming days- as I'll be spending about 3-4 days in Portland during February.
NBAhipster24
Junior
And1: 67

Post#28 » by NBAhipster24 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 am

White Owl Social Club is a great bar, Altabira Tavern on top of the hotel eastlund is beautiful, ride the OHSU tram, and don't go to 23rd if you want to drink, go to 21st, theres a solid collection of bars and karoake all within walking distance. Blazer games are of course always fun! Theres Beer EVERYWHERE in Portland, so drink up. Brix Tavern is pretty damn nice too, happy hour food on the weekends is amazing. OMSI is super fun as well. So much to do in Portland.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#29 » by Clemenza » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 pm

What's the top breweries in Portland? I hear about Great Notion Brewing all the time.. what are the ones not mentioned the most?
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#30 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:07 am

Clemenza wrote:What's the top breweries in Portland? I hear about Great Notion Brewing all the time.. what are the ones not mentioned the most?

Some of the best breweries are outside of Portland quite honestly.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#31 » by Shem » Sun Sep 2, 2018 9:10 pm

April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,424

Post#32 » by GreenRiddler » Mon Sep 3, 2018 1:28 am

I guess those tax cuts really worked on billionaires like Paul Allen. Now the dems just gotta get even more in bed with big money. In a hundred years I wonder how people will think about the phenomenon of billionaires.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,307

Post#33 » by Shem » Mon Sep 3, 2018 7:02 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I guess those tax cuts really worked on billionaires like Paul Allen. Now the dems just gotta get even more in bed with big money. In a hundred years I wonder how people will think about the phenomenon of billionaires.

The democrats are already for the most part "in bed" with big money. People like Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, etc. I personally think money shouldn't be in politics and that our elected officials should represent us and not their donors.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,424

Post#34 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:43 am

Shem wrote:
GreenRiddler wrote:I guess those tax cuts really worked on billionaires like Paul Allen. Now the dems just gotta get even more in bed with big money. In a hundred years I wonder how people will think about the phenomenon of billionaires.

The democrats are already for the most part "in bed" with big money. People like Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, etc. I personally think money shouldn't be in politics and that our elected officials should represent us and not their donors.

No one is disputing that, just one party isn't even bothering to stay in the grey areas of such blatant corruption.

Can't think of another reason to give that much money away.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#35 » by cdubbz » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:59 am

Any good bar hopping areas? Feel I haven't found any yet
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#36 » by granger05 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Any updates to this list for kids? I got wind of this game posters thing that the Blazers do at their home games and I'm taking my son out for the game against the Pacers to pickup a family heirloom. He's 12. I've been looking around online for other things going on in town, but I'm not always sure where to find concert schedules for smaller venues and things like that. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#37 » by DusterBuster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:49 am

cdubbz wrote:Any good bar hopping areas? Feel I haven't found any yet

Hawthorne Blvd, Alberta St, Belmont St, SW Burnside around 1st-4th street... plenty of great bar hopping areas around town... just generally not fun to do because it's probably pissing rain out.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#38 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:23 pm

granger05 wrote:Any updates to this list for kids? I got wind of this game posters thing that the Blazers do at their home games and I'm taking my son out for the game against the Pacers to pickup a family heirloom. He's 12. I've been looking around online for other things going on in town, but I'm not always sure where to find concert schedules for smaller venues and things like that. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Gotta get there very early for the game day posters. I was an hour early to the GSW game and still missed out.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#39 » by granger05 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 am

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
granger05 wrote:Any updates to this list for kids? I got wind of this game posters thing that the Blazers do at their home games and I'm taking my son out for the game against the Pacers to pickup a family heirloom. He's 12. I've been looking around online for other things going on in town, but I'm not always sure where to find concert schedules for smaller venues and things like that. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Gotta get there very early for the game day posters. I was an hour early to the GSW game and still missed out.

I figured. Do you know how early the doors open?
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,151

Post#40 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:08 am

granger05 wrote:
DeBlazerRiddem wrote:

I figured. Do you know how early the doors open?

I don't personally. This is what google says, maybe someone else can help confirm. Best of luck!

https://rosequarter.com/plan-your-visit/guest-services wrote:Arena doors for Trail Blazers games played Monday through Saturday open at 5:30pm. Arena doors open at 4:30pm for Trail Blazers games played on Sunday.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers