ImageImage

Wisconsin Herd Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bango
Freshman
And1: 18

Re: Wisconsin Herd Thread 

Post#901 » by Bango » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:58 pm

The in game/ arena experience at a Herd game is that of a small town college game. It can get loud if the game is close and if it's a blowout win or loss-- the crowd fades, but the concessions are reasonably priced and it's an overall fun time. Definitely worth a trip. My favorite memory is seeing Brandon Jennings crawl back to the Bucks via Oshkosh and put on a show. It was the last time I'll probably ever wear my Brandon Jennings jersey.
"Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass."—George Raveling
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#902 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I was back in Wisconsin yesterday and made my first snowy Pilgramage up to the lands of The Herd. Above all else, God damn the people in that region are friendly. It’s something I knew but hadn’t been around/felt for awhile. There’s a baseline level of geniality that’s like 50% higher than other places I’ve been.

How was the in-game/arena experience? Haven't gotten to a Herd game yet.

I was really impressed with the whole operation. Rolled into town amidst a Sunday afternoon snow flurry thinking we’d pretty much have the place to ourselves. Both parking lots were full and arena was packed to capacity. Menominee is a perfect G-league gym. The brats and curds were sold at bargain rates and the vibe was great. Probably the most diverse age range of any professional game I’ve attended. Toddlers were running around having a blast as 40 year spouses sipped their Coors & got rowdy for Michael Qualls hustle plays.

Canton’s uniforms must not have made it to Oshkosh because they were out there in generic G-league practice pinnies. They had a couple halfway decent guards/wings but no one on their front-line belonged in the same game as Christian Wood. It was like watching 8th graders try to defend a varsity player. Completely outmatched in size and skill. Wood’s length and fluidity were definitely eye catching in person. Seeing a dude that size be able to get in the air, contort his body and finish around/through contact whenever he wanted was impressive. There were a few “yikes, this is a terrible possession” moments where Wood still scored/got fouled. I’m not sure how fun he is to play with or if Bud can ever trust him, but he stands a good chance to go down as the most dominant player in Herd history.

Bonzi Colson’s non NBA body was really striking next to Wood and and Duval. (Duval is long as hell and seems to have filled out quite a bit over the course of the year) Like, Colson would have to work really hard just look like he’s in as good a shape as Jared Dudley. Despite his Jabari upper body on Terrance Furgeson legs, Colson actually covers ground pretty quickly. He had a really nice switch/contest on a guard that ended in a preposterous whistle. His shot wasn’t falling but he really seemed aware on both ends, sprinting to the corners like he’ll be expected to do if he ever gets a chance with the Bucks. I’m a fan and hope he makes it but I’m really curious to see how he’d fare against NBA bodies/athletes. Smallish, oddly shaped dude.

In contrast, Duval’s body is already NBA ready. He’s got great size for the position and if he understands how to use it he could stick in the league. I know he’s 8 years older, but if Duval just played like Tim Frazier he could have a fifteen year career. He should be constantly attacking to create contact/find shooters. Still very drifty but does show glimpses of what could be possible.

Michael Qualls has really come a long way. He’s a bundle of energy whose offense and shooting keep getting better. Nice size, always playing downhill with a great motor. Effort made him a fan favorite. Could see him helping a team like the Rockets as one of Morey’s many rabbits. Development from Nov to now has to be encouraging for him.

It was weird watching Xavier Munford, who’s proven himself as one of the most dynamic scores in the league, relageted to running pick and rolls for Christian Wood. Like Xander Blue, Munford seems like a guy who reached a certain apex as a dynamic G-league scorer who’s ultimate ceiling as a 2-way guy has likely come and gone. His teammates seemed to enjoy him and he was definitely communicating a lot but I couldn’t help feel for him. No reason Munford can’t go become a primary scoring guard on a good European team.

A few Canton players were really pissed about a late Brady timeout with the game well in hand. Very vocal in voicing their displeasure. They also seemed to be energized by the atmosphere throughout. The Charge don’t draw such fervant supporters in Canton.

First time I’d seen two female refs as part of a crew. Also thought it was cool the arena employed several Native Americans.

Heading in, I slipped on some black ice and bowling pin’d my 6-4 fur trapper lookin buddy into the snow beside me. Hopefully an Oshkosh resident with security footage got a good laugh. Wonderful time all around.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#903 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:42 am

Herd getting absolutely trounced at home by Santa Cruz despite having Christian Wood in the lineup. Be shocked if Bud brings back Herd coach Brady, given the amount of complete beat downs his team has taken in route to the worst record in the league.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#904 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 7, 2019 11:15 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Herd getting absolutely trounced at home by Santa Cruz despite having Christian Wood in the lineup. Be shocked if Bud brings back Herd coach Brady, given the amount of complete beat downs his team has taken in route to the worst record in the league.

Lost by 15 - not as bad as the 28 point loss in their previous game. Duval's been very disappointing at PG. Don't know if it's the coaching or what.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#905 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:22 pm

Yeah, had to do some work to cut it to 15 though. Really rough season.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#906 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:50 pm

My brother ran into Christian Wood at Kelly’s last night. Not a good look for Wood. Least he could’ve done is gone to Peabody’s or Oblios :lol:

Kelly’s is the bar the underage kids at UWO go to since it’s basically on campus. Same bar that Philbin’s son got tanked at before drowning in the river.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#907 » by Ruzious » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Wood got his usual 39 (17/25 FG's) and 17 along with 4 blocks and 2 steals, but he got his to's down to 1. Good sign.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#908 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Final game of the season for the bottom dwelling Herd tonight in Long Island. I think Bud and the Bucks could land a really interesting head coach replacement this summer. Can’t have a market with the best fans have the worst team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,974

Post#909 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm

No surprise, but the coaching staff has been fired.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#910 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Nice
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#911 » by emunney » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Really looking forward to see who they're able to get to coach the John Konchar-led squad next year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#912 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:52 pm

emunney wrote:Really looking forward to see who they're able to get to coach the John Konchar-led squad next year.

Could see Bud going international. He has a lot of contacts overseas who I think would jump at the opportunity to join his staff while running their own show.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#913 » by tski1972 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 pm

raise your hand if you knew the Herd's coaches name.

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#914 » by bizarro » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:41 pm

I am here to atone for my egregious post of Brady’s firing in the Bucks Transactions thread. There is no excuse. I’m going to go put up 500 3 Pt attempts.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#915 » by vegaspacker » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 pm

I motion for a 24 hour ban... do I have a 2nd?
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#916 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:27 pm

bizarro wrote:I am here to atone for my egregious post of Brady’s firing in the Bucks Transactions threa. There is no excuse. I’m going to go put up 500 3 Pt attempts.

It's just important that you're aware of your mistake and intend to learn and grow from it. That exemplifies the kind of development the G-league is all about.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#917 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:29 pm

In a perfect world the G-league playoffs would be super fun for the Oshkosh fanbase and developmental players. The win or go home tournament (until the best of 3 Finals) really ratchet up the intensity and the games are super physical. Should absolutely be the goal next year.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#918 » by MVP2110 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Any chance the issues with the arena force the Herd to move at all?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#919 » by BroncoBuck » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:03 am

MVP2110 wrote:Any chance the issues with the arena force the Herd to move at all?

Zero. The Bucks have already said they will take over if need be.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#920 » by Mags FTW » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks