And1: 13,756

RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#1 » by Rich Rane » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:45 pm

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Re: RTT V: Brought To You By Aperture Science 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:46 pm

Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#3 » by Rich Rane » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 am

https://www.gofundme.com/dhfz9q-save-sammy
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#4 » by Rich Rane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Galaxy Fold will start at $1980. Daaaamn.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#5 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:41 pm

I own a 2nd car worth possibly less than that...
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 am

Wish Samsung, or all phone manufacturers for that matter, would offer a slightly smaller model that still had the top specs. Like why not a 5.5 inch screen S10 that still has the in screen fingerprint sensor, the 3 rear cameras and a bigger batter for a similar price as the regular S10.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#7 » by Rich Rane » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:28 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Wish Samsung, or all phone manufacturers for that matter, would offer a slightly smaller model that still had the top specs. Like why not a 5.5 inch screen S10 that still has the in screen fingerprint sensor, the 3 rear cameras and a bigger batter for a similar price as the regular S10.

What phone are you using now? With the percentage of screen to body increasing, it's possible some current phones are around the same dimensions as your current phone.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#8 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 am

Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Wish Samsung, or all phone manufacturers for that matter, would offer a slightly smaller model that still had the top specs. Like why not a 5.5 inch screen S10 that still has the in screen fingerprint sensor, the 3 rear cameras and a bigger batter for a similar price as the regular S10.

What phone are you using now? With the percentage of screen to body increasing, it's possible some current phones are around the same dimensions as your current phone.

S9. It's not bad, but if it were a little smaller it would be better for me.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#9 » by Rich Rane » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:24 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

S10e has the same display size and is actually shorter, thinner, and lighter, but wider than the S9. Not by much in all categories though.

Reviews I've read for the S10's three cameras are saying it's a bit of an overkill. I've never used the fingerprint sensors on any of my phones to comment.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:32 am

Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

S10e has the same display size and is actually shorter, thinner, and lighter, but wider than the S9. Not by much in all categories though.

Reviews I've read for the S10's three cameras are saying it's a bit of an overkill. I've never used the fingerprint sensors on any of my phones to comment.

Ah, I live by the fingerprint sensor on my phone. That said I won't be upgrading any time soon, the S9 has been solid and I'm not so keen on another Samsung yet there isn't anything else out there so great to spend money on a total luxury at the moment. The S10E does still have a sensor, just not built into the screen. In fact the placement on the power button might be better. I just find it silly that almost all the phone makers refuse to make a top of the line phone without it having a gargantuan form factor and screen. Even the S9, the S10, etc., you have to get the Plus to get all the features. Why can't there be a mini version that has everything the biggest one in the line have? But not some little midget phone, just something a little smaller than an S9 or the S10, maybe something with a 5.2 to 5.5 inch screen but with the same slim bezels to keep it small.

One day I'm going to go to the darkside as well and try an iPhone. Not right now though, while they don't have fingerprint sensors, headphone jacks and randomly Facetime people in your contact list without you knowing. :lol:
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:33 am

Any recommendations for a water filter? Probably looking for a counter top one and looking to stay at $100 or under.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#12 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 am

Taking a dip in the lovely Atlantic tomorrow, if only I had worked on my tan.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,575

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 am

Won money on best picture from the Oscars. That will be my last degenerate gamble of the year
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#14 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:46 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:S9. It's not bad, but if it were a little smaller it would be better for me.

Ah, I live by the fingerprint sensor on my phone. That said I won't be upgrading any time soon, the S9 has been solid and I'm not so keen on another Samsung yet there isn't anything else out there so great to spend money on a total luxury at the moment. The S10E does still have a sensor, just not built into the screen. In fact the placement on the power button might be better. I just find it silly that almost all the phone makers refuse to make a top of the line phone without it having a gargantuan form factor and screen. Even the S9, the S10, etc., you have to get the Plus to get all the features. Why can't there be a mini version that has everything the biggest one in the line have? But not some little midget phone, just something a little smaller than an S9 or the S10, maybe something with a 5.2 to 5.5 inch screen but with the same slim bezels to keep it small.

Considering that smartphone adoption has plateaued, I think this will happen soon enough, especially for the iPhone which failed to meet sales expectations this past year. Apple has been able to get by for several years with forcing the customer to adopt their changes without any substantial backlash (I.e. lower sales). However, sales predictions missed so badly this year that I don’t think they can ignore the growing discontent from iPhone owners who for whatever reason (e.g. will only upgrade to another SE size iPhone, refuse to upgrade to a phone without a headphone jack).

I highly doubt that the headphone jack is coming back but an updated iPhone SE will garner a ton of interest.

On a different note, I don’t think it makes sense to get an iPhone unless you’re planning to go all in on the ecosystem and enjoy then benefits of having seamless continuity and integration across several devices like the phone, watch, tablet, and/or computer.

One day I'm going to go to the darkside as well and try an iPhone. Not right now though, while they don't have fingerprint sensors, headphone jacks and randomly Facetime people in your contact list without you knowing. :lol:

I think Samsung wipes the floor with Apple on features and price, if you’re only interested in having an Apple phone.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,575

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:26 am

Giants trade Odell Beckham to the Browns for a 1st and a 3rd + Safety Jabrill Peppers. Good return imo for the Giants despite the 16 mil cap hit.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#16 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 am

So when is everyone watching Endgame?
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#17 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 am

Rich Rane wrote:So when is everyone watching Endgame?

Sunday night IMAX....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#18 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:29 am

CalamityX12 wrote:

Sunday night IMAX....

I hate people so I'm gonna try to watch a matinee sometime next week. :lol:
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#19 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:47 am

Rich Rane wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:

Sunday night IMAX....

lol hey, I heard people are even going for the 8am showings lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#20 » by Rich Rane » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Sunday night IMAX....

lol hey, I heard people are even going for the 8am showings lol

I wish theaters around me had showings that early.

Return to Brooklyn Nets