ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#321 » by Impuniti » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:39 am

I can't believe Lakers are in legitimate danger of missing the playoffs.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#322 » by Frozzy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:23 am

Seems like Anthony Davis is getting a pass for quitting on his team like Kawhi...

Guess that what happens when you're a potential Laker and teammate of Lebron James. These dudes will never receive the amount of hate KD did.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#323 » by BW32 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Frozzy wrote:Seems like Anthony Davis is getting a pass for quitting on his team like Kawhi...

Guess that what happens when you're a potential Laker and teammate of Lebron James. These dudes will never receive the amount of hate KD did.

Can only speak for myself but the Pels have been so incredibly missmanaged that I kind of get why AD would want out, even without Klutch influence.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#324 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 am

BW32 wrote:
Frozzy wrote:Seems like Anthony Davis is getting a pass for quitting on his team like Kawhi...

Can only speak for myself but the Pels have been so incredibly missmanaged that I kind of get why AD would want out, even without Klutch influence.

The removal of Dell Demps seems loooooong overdue

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#325 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 pm

They hired Gentry, signed Jrue, traded for Boogie and Mirotic, and swept the 3 seed. That seems like pretty good management to me.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#326 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:45 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:They hired Gentry, signed Jrue, traded for Boogie and Mirotic, and swept the 3 seed. That seems like pretty good management to me.

Good post. Context.

What was crazy to me was how good Rondo fit there. He actually rejuvinated his career and was a good leader for them. That surprised me.

So it was crazy when I heard he was going to play with LeBron. Maybe Rondo knew for sure AD was going to leave, even last year.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by BW32 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:They hired Gentry, signed Jrue, traded for Boogie and Mirotic, and swept the 3 seed. That seems like pretty good management to me.

They traded two lottery picks for Jrue he wasn't free, they also traded one for Asik and eventually traded another 1rst to get rid of him while getting Niko.

In the 7 years of AD they drafted and kept two other first rounders, Austin Rivers and Buddy who was traded during his rookie season. It's pretty much the worst type of bad managment there is, the one that trades all their picks.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#328 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 am

BW32 wrote:

They traded two lottery picks for Jrue he wasn't free, they also traded one for Asik and eventually traded another 1rst to get rid of him while getting Niko.

In the 7 years of AD they drafted and kept two other first rounders, Austin Rivers and Buddy who was traded during his rookie season. It's pretty much the worst type of bad managment there is, the one that trades all their picks.

But they committed long term to Jrue when everyone thought they were crazy, now it's turned out to be a good deal. Asik really has nothing to do with the current team and keeping AD around, that trade was like 5 years ago and Niko for a late 1st is a steal. In hindsight, the Hield trade was only bad because Boogie got hurt, otherwise that would have been a good trade for both sides.

To me, at the beginning of the season if they were able to keep Rondo around and still had a healthy Boogie they would have been a top-4 team in the west. I just feel like they couldn't recover from losing those two guys.

I think Demps was terrible for most of his tenure, but I thought he did a good job the last couple of years. The CP3 trade was god awful, and I heard in an interview once that when they signed Solomon Hill to 4/48m the only other offer he had was 1/6m. :o

BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#329 » by BW32 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:59 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
BW32 wrote:

But they committed long term to Jrue when everyone thought they were crazy, now it's turned out to be a good deal. Asik really has nothing to do with the current team and keeping AD around, that trade was like 5 years ago and Niko for a late 1st is a steal. In hindsight, the Hield trade was only bad because Boogie got hurt, otherwise that would have been a good trade for both sides.

To me, at the beginning of the season if they were able to keep Rondo around and still had a healthy Boogie they would have been a top-4 team in the west. I just feel like they couldn't recover from losing those two guys.

I think Demps was terrible for most of his tenure, but I thought he did a good job the last couple of years. The CP3 trade was god awful, and I heard in an interview once that when they signed Solomon Hill to 4/48m the only other offer he had was 1/6m. :o

1) Any time you trade a first for anyone it has something to do with the team for as long as it's realistic that pick would be playing for you (let's say 7 years), that's opportunity cost.

2) He was the GM for 9 years you'd have to make a BOS/BRK type trade to be good for two and somehow have those 2 outweigh the other 7.

When it comes down to it Demps did none of the things that make a good GM:

Didn't find a Covington off the Dleague
Didn't find a Draymond in the second round
Didn't find a Gobert late first
Didn't find a Mitchell late lotto
Didn't attract a major FA to pair up with Davis

Those are all the things, literally all he did was sign someone everytime he had cap or the MLE and half those signings were absolute garbage.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#330 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:15 pm

The original complaint was that he wasn't surrounding AD with good players and like I said I thought he did a good job of that in the last couple of years, especially considering the limited resources you have being in NOR. Killing him for trading Hield and a 1st for Boogie is pretty comical considering everyone was trashing Vlade for that trade when it happened. He took a shot and he missed. And surrounding AD with Jrue, Rondo, Mirotic, Randle was about as good as he could have done since no major free agents want to go there. I'm not going to bust his chops for not connecting on D-leaguers and late draft picks. What is there about 2-3 impact players taken in the late first/2nd round every year? That means 27 teams swung and miss. He did do a terrible job with lottery picks though.

If they fired him for his overall track record I have no problem with that, but if they fired him for not being "committed to winning around AD" the last couple of years, then that's bogus.

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#331 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:22 am

Just wanted to give Coxstar some props on Joe Harris. Cox has had a man crush on him long before this year's recognition.

I always liked Joe even at Virginia, but Coxy has been staunch for a long time.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#332 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:19 am

Mylie10 wrote:Just wanted to give Coxstar some props on Joe Harris. Cox has had a man crush on him long before this year's recognition.

The guy is Klay-lite. Very Korveresque, with size, love the guy.

Another guy I'm getting man-wood for is Montrezl Harrell. He is turning into a fricken beast.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#333 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Just wanted to give Coxstar some props on Joe Harris. Cox has had a man crush on him long before this year's recognition.

Another guy I'm getting man-wood for is Montrezl Harrell. He is turning into a fricken beast.

I pimped for Harrell coming out of Wisconsin as a younger Draybeast....he's definitely getting closer for sure. He would be an awesome back up for us, but I think he really wants a shot to start.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#334 » by Coxy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:19 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I pimped for Harrell coming out of Wisconsin as a younger Draybeast....he's definitely getting closer for sure. He would be an awesome back up for us, but I think he really wants a shot to start.

After watching him today against Dallas, I'm wondering how he is not a starter. In fact, I was wondering how a guy like that isn't a MAX player.

What am I missing with him? Dude absolutely crushes teams. He has everything you'd want in the modern day C. He's relentless and has amazing finishing and explosiveness around the rim. Loves to chase shots and defend the rim as well. Does he have stamina issues or something? Is he bad locker room guy? I just can't work out how a team hasn't made him their full time starter on big money. He threw down like 400 dunks today and all of them highlights.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#335 » by Little Digger » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Bledsoe man oh man ..what a beast under Bud’s coaching
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#336 » by Little Digger » Sun Mar 3, 2019 3:35 pm

Jazz-Bucks game yesterday was off the hook great..can’t wait for the playoffs
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#337 » by Little Digger » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:44 am

Watched the Boston-Houston game..Rockets toying with them all day

The 4-5 and 6-3 matchups should be terrific ..but if Houston can stay healthy they are going a long ways
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#338 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 5:54 am

Kywie Irbing just want to focus on pwaying basketbah.....poh Kywie
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM

Post#339 » by Coxy » Tue Mar 5, 2019 9:51 am

Mylie10 wrote:Kywie Irbing just want to focus on pwaying basketbah.....poh Kywie

:lol:
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#340 » by Little Digger » Tue Mar 5, 2019 8:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Kywie Irbing just want to focus on pwaying basketbah.....poh Kywie
id
id love to see KD and Kywie as Madison Square Garden co-captains

Return to Golden State Warriors