Game #58 Sacramento @ Golden State 

Post#1 » by ducler » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Re: Game #58 Sacramento @ Golden State 

Post#2 » by Silver Man » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 am

Lets start the post All Star break right and get a win. Gotta connect on all cylinders.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#3 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:10 am

Warriors have so much firepower. Kings hanging around down 5 after the 1st. Buddy came out hot I hope that continues
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:44 am

Love seeing Marvin looking like the truth out there
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:45 am

Harrison Barnes' defense is pretty darn good. He's exactly what the team needed. Now they need to find a way to properly involve him offensively and this team will be much better than prior to the trade deadline.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:21 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Harrison Barnes' defense is pretty darn good. He's exactly what the team needed. Now they need to find a way to properly involve him offensively and this team will be much better than prior to the trade deadline.
Sign Brewer. He can bring what Shump brought.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#7 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 am

Ok on the road within 4 with 4 minutes left. This is what you hope for.

FINISH!
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:02 am

Great effort

Barnes has not gotten the job done so far though...
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 524

Post#9 » by Silver Man » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:12 am

Buddy should've shot off the catch there. Think he was surprised about how wide open he was.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#10 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:59 am

Can't win them all, but they played tough. Miracle Buddy came back and showed us again that even when things are looking bleak he can get you back in it in a blur.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:24 am

I agree with Dame... Joerger got in Buddy's head. Clearly Buddy was still upset after the game. Joerger probably wont do it publicly but he needs to own up to his actions in the locker room.
Read on Twitter
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#12 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:48 am

City of Trees wrote:I agree with Dame... Joerger got in Buddy's head. Clearly Buddy was still upset after the game. Joerger probably wont do it publicly but he needs to own up to his actions in the locker room.
Read on Twitter

I didn't even notice but went back to check it out because of all the hubbub. WTF was that? Joerger didn't even look at him after Buddy missed that last shot. Uh, Joerger no Buddy = no more you like halfway through this season. This kind of brings me back to that talk about Buddy coming to Vlade to talk and how his minutes jumped after. Hey Dave, if you want to know how stars vs. coach battles end up call Paul Westphal. Heck, look in the mirror and repeat the name Marc Gasol three times in the dark :lol:
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#13 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:12 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I agree with Dame... Joerger got in Buddy's head. Clearly Buddy was still upset after the game. Joerger probably wont do it publicly but he needs to own up to his actions in the locker room.
Read on Twitter

I didn't even notice but went back to check it out because of all the hubbub. WTF was that? Joerger didn't even look at him after Buddy missed that last shot. Uh, Joerger no Buddy = no more you like halfway through this season. This kind of brings me back to that talk about Buddy coming to Vlade to talk and how his minutes jumped after. Hey Dave, if you want to know how stars vs. coach battles end up call Paul Westphal. Heck, look in the mirror and repeat the name Marc Gasol three times in the dark :lol:

People thinking they know what that convo was about need to chill out on coach. We don't! Even if it was just a plain "hey, don't shot a 30fter when we have a perfect play called and someone else was open for a better shot" then Coach is doing his job regardless of if the shot went in. He is coaching for the future. If he doesn't care about things like this now then we could make mistakes in games that are "win or die" off bad shots because someone wants to be a hero. It's great Buddy has the confidence and stroke to get use back in games and I realize the turn of events looks bad this games but that was the right thing to do by coach and Buddy still could have shot that wide open look or better yet passed it down to Bags, who was wide open by design.

Go back and watch the last play. Perfect call by Coach. Poor execution by Buddy and Barnes.

Still pic of Bags wide open
https://i.redd.it/5qgkowwbh2i21.jpg

Youtube clip of last play
https://youtu.be/N5t6s3NJDL4?t=570
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#14 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:11 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Read on Twitter

People thinking they know what that convo was about need to chill out on coach. We don't! Even if it was just a plain "hey, don't shot a 30fter when we have a perfect play called and someone else was open for a better shot" then Coach is doing his job regardless of if the shot went in. He is coaching for the future. If he doesn't care about things like this now then we could make mistakes in games that are "win or die" off bad shots because someone wants to be a hero. It's great Buddy has the confidence and stroke to get use back in games and I realize the turn of events looks bad this games but that was the right thing to do by coach and Buddy still could have shot that wide open look or better yet passed it down to Bags, who was wide open by design.

Go back and watch the last play. Perfect call by Coach. Poor execution by Buddy and Barnes.

At first I was wondering why did Coach yell at him right after hitting a big 3. But after watching you have Buddy and Barnes made big errors. Bagley would've tied the game. These are coaching moments for the future and coach should recognize he's coaching young impressionable players.

Go Kings - one of the best teams to watch.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#15 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:13 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nah, Joergers got the egg face today. First off, they were down 6 and had 19 seconds to make a move on the shot that Buddy hit. This is the coach that routinely calls pick and roll plays after 10 seconds of nothing. Call a play and game over anyway. :lol:
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#16 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:18 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:

At first I was wondering why did Coach yell at him right after hitting a big 3. But after watching you have Buddy and Barnes made big errors. Bagley would've tied the game. These are coaching moments for the future and coach should recognize he's coaching young impressionable players.

Go Kings - one of the best teams to watch.

Huh? I'm not sure what you're pointing to but Joerger Yelled at Buddy after he made the 3 that put them at 3 down. The same exact look comes up to win it and Buddy passes on it. Maybe that's not how it went down but it sure looked like it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#17 » by City of Trees » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:30 pm

The optics were bad.

We are left to guess what was said and why but I think the one area we can harp on Joerger is the fact he started the debate AND allowed it to escalate.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#18 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Mountains out of molehills. This is heat of the moment with tensions being high. People are so soft these days. A bit of argument shouldn't affect anything.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#19 » by SacKingZZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:46 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:Mountains out of molehills. This is heat of the moment with tensions being high. People are so soft these days. A bit of argument shouldn't affect anything.

But it did. At the wrong moment. I mean, the irony here is astounding. Mircomanaging at it's worst if true. The positive is that they can come out of it with a stronger bond than before, but Joerger better be smoothing that over today if it was what it looked like.

Here's the other issue, and this reminds me of all the people ignoring the issues with previous coaches and the smoke/fire there. Buddy according to one report has already sought conference with Vlade over something that may have related directly to the coach. The Marvin Bagley/Bagley's father/coach thing did happen. Now, it didn't lead anywhere dangerous and I personally side with Joerger on the latter issue but it did happen.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#20 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Like I said before, winning cures all. Just get on the court and win the next game. This will be long forgotten.

Return to Sacramento Kings