ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #60 Sacramento @ Minnesota

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Re: Game #60 Sacramento @ Minnesota 

Post#21 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:24 am

jazanetti wrote:Now you guys know why Mavs were happy to get rid of Barnes. Well done Vlade!

Lazy troll post. Barnes has been a big upgrade for us. Do people not appreciate how hard it is to go to a whole new team mid-year? The first few games he would drive and make back choices. Now today he was making the right pass on those drives. To me that's a sign of learning where his teammates are going to be. He's rebounding and defending light years ahead of any SF we had before. He just needs to start hitting hit shot a little bit.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#22 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:18 am

jazanetti wrote:Now you guys know why Mavs were happy to get rid of Barnes. Well done Vlade!

:lol: Counting Vlade out? I'll just be over here. The defense he's played has been top shelf. The offense will come. He's having a hard time finding his role with the team on offense but it will come. Joerger has to start drawing some plays that make use of his slashing. It is going to be hard if he thinks he can have Willie at center with him. Willie isn't even on the other teams radar anymore. They help so far off of him that teams could get called for defensive 3 seconds almost every play.
jazanetti
Junior
And1: 45

Post#23 » by jazanetti » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 am

bleeds_purple wrote:

Lazy troll post. Barnes has been a big upgrade for us. Do people not appreciate how hard it is to go to a whole new team mid-year? The first few games he would drive and make back choices. Now today he was making the right pass on those drives. To me that's a sign of learning where his teammates are going to be. He's rebounding and defending light years ahead of any SF we had before. He just needs to start hitting hit shot a little bit.

I can say the same about JJ and every player even MKG :D , but the truth is he's unable to do that steadly. Because if he could, Mavs wouldn't want to get rid of him.
Yeah, Barnes is better defender than Bjelica, but he's the same level rebounder and much worse shooter. Overall there're no upgrade, nothing to pay 25 millions for.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Barnes. I see him trying hard (same cannot be said of Willie :D ), but he's just decent player with no potential to do something more.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#24 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:23 am

Joerger has absolutely cost us more games than hes helped us win. Hes such a stubborn coach, multiple times this year hes given away games as some kind of learning lesson.

He continues to let bogdan play like crap and take control of the offense, meanwhile if buddy makes a few mistakes that's it.

I have no problem keeping brewer in the game but to keep bogdan in over hield is absolutely mind boggling. To not go to bagley more at the end of the game is horrendous decision making.

Meanwhile fox cant buy a foul to save his life. This is the craziest kings team I've watched in my 20 years of following. Blows big leads, comes back down big, plays amazing one night the next an absolute potato.

I wouldnt want to fire joerger and disrupt what we have, but I wont be mad at all if he goes to Minnesota after this year. I feel like hes been great in the development but we need a fresh face to push this team to the next level. We need an Adelman to put his stamp on it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:00 am

I've seen enough from Bagley to say although he isn't fundamentally sound (yet) he is the Kings best low post defender.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#26 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:32 pm

City of Trees wrote:I've seen enough from Bagley to say although he isn't fundamentally sound (yet) he is the Kings best low post defender.

And going to be defensive rebounder :D
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#27 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:34 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:...I have no problem keeping brewer in the game (over Hield)...

I did (and pretty sure you did as well) - that was stupid. He is playing great this season and great players do great things in those moments.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#28 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:19 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Joerger has absolutely cost us more games than hes helped us win. Hes such a stubborn coach, multiple times this year hes given away games as some kind of learning lesson.

He continues to let bogdan play like crap and take control of the offense, meanwhile if buddy makes a few mistakes that's it.

I have no problem keeping brewer in the game but to keep bogdan in over hield is absolutely mind boggling. To not go to bagley more at the end of the game is horrendous decision making.

Meanwhile fox cant buy a foul to save his life. This is the craziest kings team I've watched in my 20 years of following. Blows big leads, comes back down big, plays amazing one night the next an absolute potato.

I wouldnt want to fire joerger and disrupt what we have, but I wont be mad at all if he goes to Minnesota after this year. I feel like hes been great in the development but we need a fresh face to push this team to the next level. We need an Adelman to put his stamp on it.

I'm wondering if a coaching change would be beneficial similar to Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr was for GS. I think we let Joerger play out the final year of his contract and if some things don't change we look for a better option. I wouldn't fire him while he's under contract though, for as puzzling as he's been he's still done enough to at least keep his job.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#29 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Such a lost opportunity. I wanted buddy in there late but he was making a lot of mental errors. Bogi has been really bad for a few months now also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#30 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Takes one lose for everyone to lose their sh*t.

Calm down people.

We lost because Buddy had an off night, KAT dominated WCS and the Bulls/Mavs vets (Gibson, Rose, Deng, Tolliver) played smarter than our young guys.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#31 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:...I have no problem keeping brewer in the game (over Hield)...

I did (and pretty sure you did as well) - that was stupid. He is playing great this season and great players do great things in those moments.

Again, Brewer should have been in the game as should Hield. Bogdan should clearly have been benched.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#32 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:43 pm

codydaze wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Joerger has absolutely cost us more games than hes helped us win. Hes such a stubborn coach, multiple times this year hes given away games as some kind of learning lesson.

I'm wondering if a coaching change would be beneficial similar to Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr was for GS. I think we let Joerger play out the final year of his contract and if some things don't change we look for a better option. I wouldn't fire him while he's under contract though, for as puzzling as he's been he's still done enough to at least keep his job.

Ya exactly, I wouldn't want to fire him. There were a lot of reports that he would be interested in the Minnesota coaching job this summer.. I think its just like you said switching from a Jackson to a Kerr. Joerger toughened the guys up, hes been great at development, now we need a brilliant offensive mind to come in here and figure out a way to use all this potential correctly.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#33 » by dckingsfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:27 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Such a lost opportunity. I wanted buddy in there late but he was making a lot of mental errors. Bogi has been really bad for a few months now also.

Actually he has been a meh replacement player (barely for two seasons now). One would have thought (or hoped) he would have broken out by now.

His TS% and 3pt% are down year over year and are a woeful .528 and .328 respectively. And his A/TO ratio is up a bit. And his D is adequate at best.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#34 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:07 pm

codydaze wrote:

Honestly, I never expected Joerger to change up the system from last year. That to me is what has saved him until now and why he has a chance to keep going. It would be extremely unusual for Vlade not to eventually find the perfect coach for his team because that's typically what happens with rebuilding teams at this stage but nothing about this team has been typical. Joerger has proven that he was willing to go against his own preferences but at certain points during this season, yes, coaching decisions have gotten in the way. But that could be said about any coach really. This is Vlades show and I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't succumb to that pressure from the minority owners in locking coach Joerger up. There is no reason to right now for the reasons you stated. Let it play out and see how far he can take this group, and yeah in very similar fashion to the Jackson/Kerr situation.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#35 » by codydaze » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:14 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Honestly, I never expected Joerger to change up the system from last year. That to me is what has saved him until now and why he has a chance to keep going. It would be extremely unusual for Vlade not to eventually find the perfect coach for his team because that's typically what happens with rebuilding teams at this stage but nothing about this team has been typical. Joerger has proven that he was willing to go against his own preferences but at certain points during this season, yes, coaching decisions have gotten in the way. But that could be said about any coach really. This is Vlades show and I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't succumb to that pressure from the minority owners in locking coach Joerger up. There is no reason to right now for the reasons you stated. Let it play out and see how far he can take this group, and yeah in very similar fashion to the Jackson/Kerr situation.

Another thing that would leave me hesitant to get rid of Joerger would be who do we replace him with? I'm not sure I could name anyone as who could be a good fit to coach this team.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#36 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:45 pm

The earliest I would look to replace Joerger would be at the end of next season. You don't remove a coach when the team is trending in the right direction.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#37 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 am

bleeds_purple wrote:The earliest I would look to replace Joerger would be at the end of next season. You don't remove a coach when the team is trending in the right direction.

Well, in a perfect world everything just keeps going up and up and the team with Joerger at the helm sky rockets to the upper ranks of the west conference. I think next season expectations go up all around the board with this team. Just barely scraping into the playoff picture probably won't cut it. It will be **** or get time most likely. I think next years start will be a huge determining factor on what happens from there on.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#38 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:15 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:The earliest I would look to replace Joerger would be at the end of next season. You don't remove a coach when the team is trending in the right direction.

Well, in a perfect world everything just keeps going up and up and the team with Joerger at the helm sky rockets to the upper ranks of the west conference. I think next season expectations go up all around the board with this team. Just barely scraping into the playoff picture probably won't cut it. It will be **** or get time most likely. I think next years start will be a huge determining factor on what happens from there on.

I can also us maybe just missing the playoffs this year and then next year with the further development of everyone, us making it and doing alittle something. You don't replace a coach after that. Unless there is a really good reason.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#39 » by City of Trees » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 am

Being in a playoff race while still figuring out your starting line up is not ideal. IMO that goes to show how far ahead the Kings are in their rebuild... ha they are trying to figure it out on the fly. Crazy times.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#40 » by bleeds_purple » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

City of Trees wrote:Being in a playoff race while still figuring out your starting line up is not ideal. IMO that goes to show how far ahead the Kings are in their rebuild... ha they are trying to figure it out on the fly. Crazy times.

Yup. Its really a tough situation. Barnes is an easy inclusion into roster because he can more or less play the same way he's always played. With Bagley its a bit trickier. Spacing wise, I doubt it will work for us to have him and WCS play in the paint. So you're essentially asking a 19 year old rookie to adopt two completely different play styles depending on whether he's playing with the starting lineup or with a bench lineup. I don't know if that's a fair thing to ask of him at this point.

I really believe if Bagley came off the bench we would have won the Minnesota game. He would have started the second quarter and would have likely sustained our offense and thereby avoided the debacle of a second quarter we witnessed.

For this season, I think its in the best interest of the team to move Bagley back to his bench role so he can be the feature player to start the second and fourth. This also avoids the spacing problems we had in the Minnesota game.

Long-term, you wonder whether Bagley is gonna be our 5 or whether he will be a F/C combo player. If its the latter then you wonder if WCS can fit with him in the starting lineup. I wonder if it makes sense to expect Bagley to adjust his game to fit with WCS. I'm hoping we can sign Nikola Vucevic in the offseason. He would fit so much better with Bagley as a starting front court.

Return to Sacramento Kings