Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#601 » by statsman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:34 pm

FNQ wrote:
wco81 wrote:Lopez would look for deals above minimums and probably get one.

Getting enough coin from his current deal that if he took a 1yr min here, it wouldnt affect much. 27 games left, about 1/3 of the season, so the difference between a pro-rated 1.1m min deal (360k) vs a prorated 3m deal (1m), along with bonuses for making the playoffs, going to the Finals, winning the Finals - as well as joining a team thats favored to win the Finals - seems like a much more likely scenario than getting an extra 700k and not having as good a chance at a ring.

Being a 10+ year player, his vet minimum is about $2.4M, so about $800K pro-rated with your 1/3 season assumption.

If a team has a sizeable amount left on a MLE (full, taxpayer, room), which start to pro-rate down after January 10th, it could be well above $1M. For instance, if a team has $4M remaining on a MLE (based on the full season), they could offer around $3.2M tomorrow as the MLE will have pro-rated down around 20% from January 10th.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#602 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 pm

statsman wrote:
FNQ wrote:
wco81 wrote:Lopez would look for deals above minimums and probably get one.

Getting enough coin from his current deal that if he took a 1yr min here, it wouldnt affect much. 27 games left, about 1/3 of the season, so the difference between a pro-rated 1.1m min deal (360k) vs a prorated 3m deal (1m), along with bonuses for making the playoffs, going to the Finals, winning the Finals - as well as joining a team thats favored to win the Finals - seems like a much more likely scenario than getting an extra 700k and not having as good a chance at a ring.

Being a 10+ year player, his vet minimum is about $2.4M, so about $800K pro-rated with your 1/3 season assumption.

If a team has a sizeable amount left on a MLE (full, taxpayer, room), which start to pro-rate down after January 10th, it could be well above $1M. For instance, if a team has $4M remaining on a MLE (based on the full season), they could offer around $3.2M tomorrow as the MLE will have pro-rated down around 20% from January 10th.

Doubt there are any teams with legit championship aspirations that have any of those exceptions left. Probably not many playoff teams either..
statsman
Analyst

Post#603 » by statsman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:45 pm

FNQ wrote:Doubt there are any teams with legit championship aspirations that have any of those exceptions left. Probably not many playoff teams either..

Rockets: $3.9M taxpayer MLE
Celtics: $5.3M taxpayer MLE
Sixers: $4.4M room MLE
OKC: $4.5M taxpayer MLE
Utah: $8.6M full MLE; $3.4M BAE
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#604 » by FNQ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:48 pm

statsman wrote:
FNQ wrote:Doubt there are any teams with legit championship aspirations that have any of those exceptions left. Probably not many playoff teams either..

Jazz don't belong there, and you're looking at only one team that can offer a 100% increase (BOS).. not worried on any of those. If MIL had the money, *MAYBE* I'd worry there because of his brother.
statsman
Analyst

Post#605 » by statsman » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm

FNQ wrote:
statsman wrote:

Jazz don't belong there, and you're looking at only one team that can offer a 100% increase (BOS).. not worried on any of those. If MIL had the money, *MAYBE* I'd worry there because of his brother.

The Celtics (in theory) could offer around 80% of their $5.3M MLE, or $4.2M, which would be over 5 times what the pro-rated 10+ year vet minimum is ($800K). The Rockets would be around $3.1M, or almost 4 times the pro-rated vet minimum.

I am just providing examples of how Lopez could end up with more than the pro-rated 10+ year vet minimum. Not saying it would happen.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#606 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
BW32 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Even if it means that is the only way to keep KD?

Oh they would trade him to keep KD, they just wouldn't salary dump him.

Gaining as much cap space as possible seems like the only reason to trade Draymond in that scenario. If you’re trading him and taking salary back that kind of defeats the purpose doesn’t it?

That's why this whole discussion doesn't make any sense. We don't need "cap space" to keep Durant, and if we lose Durant, having the "cap space" from losing Draymond as well will accomplish nothing, as we'll still be over the cap. The only thing any of this could do is try to save the owners luxury tax money, and they've already stated as clearly as they could that money is not going to be a hindrance to this team continuing to win and play at a high level. If they can keep any of the all stars, they're going to pay to do it.

"that kind of defeats the purpose". There is no purpose.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#607 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:48 am

Apparently Gortat wants to sign with the Warriors.
He would be a very good pickup in my opinion.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#608 » by cpower » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Should have gotten J.Lin..
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#609 » by cdubbz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:59 am

cpower wrote:Should have gotten J.Lin..

I like Lin for Warriors. Raptors swept him up quick. Solid pick up for them
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#610 » by Mylie10 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:56 am

Next year we should try and grab Derrick Rose cheap to be that bench scorer at guard.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#611 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:32 pm

I would think Rose would look to get paid now.
statsman
Analyst

Post#612 » by statsman » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:56 am

wco81 wrote:I would think Rose would look to get paid now.

And for playing time. Between Curry/Klay and Iguodala/Livingston, there are few available guard minutes. At least the way the rotations are for the Warriors right now.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#613 » by Mylie10 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 am

statsman wrote:

And for playing time. Between Curry/Klay and Iguodala/Livingston, there are few available guard minutes. At least the way the rotations are for the Warriors right now.

There's a good chance Livingston steps out after this year is over.

And Livingston and Klay spend time at small forward as well, so I'm sure the Warriors would find plenty of time for Rose as a bench scorer we haven't really had.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#614 » by wco81 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:48 am

If KD leaves, I would think that would improve Livingston's chances to stay next year and maybe beyond.

Or trade his deal for someone else
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#615 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:25 pm

I think Rose will go to some crap team so he can go full GQ Statpad. Solid gold.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#616 » by Coxy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:39 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I think Rose will go to some crap team so he can go full GQ Statpad. Solid gold.

Memphis here he comes.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#617 » by cpower » Mon Mar 4, 2019 4:08 am

I think if we actually pick up Bogut and let him play significant mins, it could be a great move not only for this PS but for the future, consider how much offense we may lose failing to resign stars like KD or Klay. With Bogut we will be playing some old brand Warriors basketball again.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#618 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 am

Mylie10 wrote:
statsman wrote:

And Livingston and Klay spend time at small forward as well, so I'm sure the Warriors would find plenty of time for Rose as a bench scorer we haven't really had.

Has Livingston said anything about retiring after the season? Don’t see why he would not play out his contract.

I would love Rose on this team but it would be a surprise for him to consider us.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#619 » by cdubbz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 am

Jeremy Lin over Quinn Cook next season. He’ll be 30-31 and as cheap as Cook but think he’s much better than Cook still at this point.

Plus this team could use some extra fan support going to Chase Center.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#620 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
statsman wrote:And for playing time. Between Curry/Klay and Iguodala/Livingston, there are few available guard minutes. At least the way the rotations are for the Warriors right now.

Has Livingston said anything about retiring after the season? Don’t see why he would not play out his contract.

I would love Rose on this team but it would be a surprise for him to consider us.

Reasons to consider us:

Winning adds to his legacy. And he would literally play 25-30 minutes for us off the bench. We need a guy who can score and initiate for us off that bench, but he'd play plenty of minutes with starters as well.

He'd have to come cheap and its a long shot, but I'd talk to him right away and try to sell him on it. Sometimes being wanted by a respected franchise and the chance at winning big can make dudes think.
Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors