Mfiondu Kabengele

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#1 » by EvanZ » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Admittedly not on my radar until yesterday's game against Duke. But this guy seems like an NBA player. Doesn't hurt he's the nephew of Dikembe Mutombo.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#2 » by EvanZ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm surprised nobody has an opinion on this guy? Even if you hate him, speak up!
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#3 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 am

Guys. Come on.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#4 » by King Ken » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 am

Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 am

King Ken wrote:Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.

It’s beyond ridiculous that he’s coming off the bench at this point.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#6 » by King Ken » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 am

EvanZ wrote:
King Ken wrote:Give us time. He is a player who comes off the bench but tends to have big games v. big teams. I am not sure what he is yet.

Most people who watch them love telling me he is their best prospect. I barely watch them. How's M.J. Walker doing?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#7 » by EvanZ » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm

King Ken wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Most people who watch them love telling me he is their best prospect. I barely watch them. How's M.J. Walker doing?

He doesn’t pop at all to my eyes.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#8 » by clyde21 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Kab definitely an NBA player. menace on the boards and jumps well off two feet with a the requisite physical profile for the NBA.

he's been a monster in conference play so far, too. easily the best prospect on the Seminoles (Mann, Walker and Koumadje are non-prospects to me).
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by EvanZ » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:35 pm

Another big game 16 points and 4 blocks. Again coming off the bench.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#10 » by clyde21 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 7:52 pm

he's picked up strong in conference play, block and rebounding rates both up and they were strong even before. his timing around the rim is elite.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Sun Mar 3, 2019 8:22 pm

remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
mojo13
Veteran
And1: 1,882

Post#12 » by mojo13 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:27 pm

Stillwater wrote:remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.

Agreed. So Why is this guy so under the radar? You’d think he be on a number of boards and mocks by this point. Can no one spell his name?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#13 » by EvanZ » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:52 pm

mojo13 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:remains a deep sleeper imo as a solid option role player/longterm potential starter caliber prospect that could become a steal in the early 2nd round if he declares, but also a solid value pick up late first with a substantially underrated floor.

Agreed. So Why is this guy so under the radar? You’d think he be on a number of boards and mocks by this point. Can no one spell his name?

For starters, he's not starting. Hamilton is an idiot. I think his best players are coming off the bench. :banghead:

It's weird because you'd think someone who is the nephew of Dikembe would be more hyped. :lol:

At any rate, plenty of people I talk to are aware of Kabengele and I'm sure NBA teams have taken notice.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 6, 2019 5:01 pm

EvanZ wrote:
mojo13 wrote:

For starters, he's not starting. Hamilton is an idiot. I think his best players are coming off the bench. :banghead:

It's weird because you'd think someone who is the nephew of Dikembe would be more hyped. :lol:

At any rate, plenty of people I talk to are aware of Kabengele and I'm sure NBA teams have taken notice.

I guarantee he is right there in the late first conversation on most playoff teams boards/
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,430

Post#15 » by CP War Hawks » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:36 pm

Supposedly sports a 7-5 wingspan. If true, his reach should be north of 9-0. Seems like a player Boston can afford to gamble with one of those later 1sts.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#16 » by doordoor123 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:34 pm

He’s a beast, honestly think he has the physical ability to be a lottery pick in this draft. His upside is as high as anyone in this draft. I think he’ll dominate in the NBA with more running, more space in the paint and NBA point guards getting him the ball. I think his efficiency will be much higher in the NBA and his defensive rebounding will go up. The way he moves and displays his power for his size is incredible, it’s better than Clint Capela.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 270

Post#17 » by kobyz » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:07 am

Seems similar as a prospect to JJJ
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,577

Post#18 » by MemphisX » Thu Mar 7, 2019 10:17 am

If and when he declares, he will be a lottery pick. Another one of the reasons I think this draft is presently way underrated.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#19 » by GimmeDat » Thu Mar 7, 2019 10:25 am

Just looked at him then. Stats seem to tick almost every box you can hope for - finishing, boards, block/steal rates, solid projectable shooting stats, FTr. From the clips i watched he looks really strongly built but moves well. Chances he declares?
clyde21
RealGM

Post#20 » by clyde21 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:21 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Just looked at him then. Stats seem to tick almost every box you can hope for - finishing, boards, block/steal rates, solid projectable shooting stats, FTr. From the clips i watched he looks really strongly built but moves well. Chances he declares?

he should be in and I think he is. he's coming off the bench right now from Florida St. for some inexplicable reason. he's for sure a first round guy.

either way...his timing and wingspan is elite and is an effortless mover for his size, can defend up to 23 feet, can switch, can run the court...and like someone else mentioned earlier he's only going to look better in the NBA with more transition ops

the 39% from 3 in conference play has been icing on the cake too.

Return to NBA Draft