Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Re: Game #63 Sacramento vs Boston 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Wed Mar 6, 2019 11:52 pm

No Kyrie tonight which is not necessarily a good thing since it seems Boston plays better without him.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: Game #64 Sacramento vs Boston 

Post#3 » by KF10 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:44 am

Curious on how we approach this game.

Can we start out strong? And handle business?
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#4 » by Lost in LA » Thu Mar 7, 2019 12:51 am

Their front court is vastly superior
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Game #63 Sacramento vs Boston 

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Mar 7, 2019 2:22 am

codydaze wrote:No Kyrie tonight which is not necessarily a good thing since it seems Boston plays better without him.

And doesn't it always seem like the difference is Rozier and Smart against the Kings?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:02 am

Pretty good first half defensively, we just need to start capitalizing when we string together some stops.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#7 » by Lost in LA » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:24 am

great effort, playoffs now gone, let us finish strong
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#8 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:30 am

Well thats a wrap on our Playoff hopes. Dang.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#9 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:32 am

Refs didnt finish the game well. The Bogi foul ends up being the difference.

Also what the hell was Bjelica doing batting the ball towards three Celtics like that?

Kings are so close. Unfortunately we arent busting tje door down this season.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,771

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:49 am

Yeah, playoffs are out but .500 or better would be a good symbolic achievement

Barnes needed to put forth a better closing shot that that, but at least its two games in a row he’s looking like the player we thought we were getting.

BOgi back on track
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#11 » by KF10 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:09 am

If we can reach 40 Ws this season, I consider this a huge success. Playoffs or not.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#12 » by blind prophet » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:45 am

It was a fun ride.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#13 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Mar 7, 2019 9:46 am

I don't see how one game makes or breaks the playoff chances. Our next 11 games should see us favored in at least 8 of them. In that same stretch the Spurs have to play MIL, POR, GS, HOU, and BOS which are all likely losses. If we simply take care of business against teams with worse records than us we will have a chance to be take control of the 8 seed on the last day of the month when we play the Spurs. If we continue to play the way we did tonight and against MIL we will be right in the thick of things going down to the end of the year. These are all ifs but I'm surprised to see everyone say the playoffs are out of the picture with almost 20 games left.

This was yet another game we lost that I didn't feel bad. Other than turnovers both teams played really well. Stevens coached a hell of a game. He was able to consistently put out different lineups that created match-up advantages. He was very quick with in-game adjustments. We have really struggled all year against teams that can run out multiple bigger, athletic wings.

The problem for Sacramento is without Bagley we are almost completely one dimensional. The long-term success of this team really depends on him becoming our consistent number one option. If that happens, everything will fall in line and the sky is the limit.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#14 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:54 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:I don't see how one game makes or breaks the playoff chances. Our next 11 games should see us favored in at least 8 of them. In that same stretch the Spurs have to play MIL, POR, GS, HOU, and BOS which are all likely losses. If we simply take care of business against teams with worse records than us we will have a chance to be take control of the 8 seed on the last day of the month when we play the Spurs. If we continue to play the way we did tonight and against MIL we will be right in the thick of things going down to the end of the year. These are all ifs but I'm surprised to see everyone say the playoffs are out of the picture with almost 20 games left.

This was yet another game we lost that I didn't feel bad. Other than turnovers both teams played really well. Stevens coached a hell of a game. He was able to consistently put out different lineups that created match-up advantages. He was very quick with in-game adjustments. We have really struggled all year against teams that can run out multiple bigger, athletic wings.

The problem for Sacramento is without Bagley we are almost completely one dimensional. The long-term success of this team really depends on him becoming our consistent number one option. If that happens, everything will fall in line and the sky is the limit.

It's certainly not impossible for us to make the playoffs at this point but it will be really difficult. When you look at San Antonio's remaining schedule and the Clippers' remaining schedule, I see us needing to go 14-4 in these last 18 games to have a shot. Not having Bagley hurts us right now but we'll need to find a way to get some big wins.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#15 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:29 am

codydaze wrote:It's certainly not impossible for us to make the playoffs at this point but it will be really difficult. When you look at San Antonio's remaining schedule and the Clippers' remaining schedule, I see us needing to go 14-4 in these last 18 games to have a shot. Not having Bagley hurts us right now but we'll need to find a way to get some big wins.

You're definitely right. I'm just saying, the chances of missing or making the playoffs didn't really depend on beating Boston. It's objectively an up-hill climb but its still very doable given the schedule.
KKP
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#16 » by KKP » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:04 pm

Giles
to rinse in defense, defensively much lagging behind ...
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#17 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:25 pm

KKP wrote:Giles
to rinse in defense, defensively much lagging behind ...

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#18 » by dckingsfan » Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:12 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
codydaze wrote:It's certainly not impossible for us to make the playoffs at this point but it will be really difficult. When you look at San Antonio's remaining schedule and the Clippers' remaining schedule, I see us needing to go 14-4 in these last 18 games to have a shot. Not having Bagley hurts us right now but we'll need to find a way to get some big wins.

You're definitely right. I'm just saying, the chances of missing or making the playoffs didn't really depend on beating Boston. It's objectively an up-hill climb but its still very doable given the schedule.

Eh, not to be a Negative Nancy but... it isn't very doable. And yes, pulling out a couple those losses against Boston, Clippers, Milwaukee, Minny, Warriors and Denver did matter... even 2 of those would have put us in a much better position (obviously). But that is probably the learning part of this young team (although I would rather have had them in the east pushing for the 6th seed).
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#19 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Mar 8, 2019 8:11 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:

Eh, not to be a Negative Nancy but... it isn't very doable. And yes, pulling out a couple those losses against Boston, Clippers, Milwaukee, Minny, Warriors and Denver did matter... even 2 of those would have put us in a much better position (obviously). But that is probably the learning part of this young team (although I would rather have had them in the east pushing for the 6th seed).

We'll see. If we just take care of business against the teams we should be in March we will be in the 8th spot or maybe one game out. Our April schedule is harder than the Spurs. I definitely think we are more likely to miss the playoffs. But like I said, making the playoffs is doable. Maybe we just disagree on what "doable" means. :lol:
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#20 » by benchmobbin02 » Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:42 pm

bleeds_purple wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:
bleeds_purple wrote:You're definitely right. I'm just saying, the chances of missing or making the playoffs didn't really depend on beating Boston. It's objectively an up-hill climb but its still very doable given the schedule.

We'll see. If we just take care of business against the teams we should be in March we will be in the 8th spot or maybe one game out. Our April schedule is harder than the Spurs. I definitely think we are more likely to miss the playoffs. But like I said, making the playoffs is doable. Maybe we just disagree on what "doable" means. :lol:

Don't let them block your shine! In order for the light to shine there has to be darkness.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings