Raiders Trade For Antonio Brown

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Raiders Trade For Antonio Brown  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 am

It's also possible Brown could land elsewhere in the Bay Area. The Oakland Raiders have even more money to spend than San Francisco, they're just as desperate for a top-end receiver following last year's Amari Cooper trade, and they have even more trade ammunition than the 49ers (or anyone else, for that matter).

The Raiders have three first-round draft picks, including their own No. 4 overall selection, and the third pick in Round 2. They can afford Brown, who would immediately become quarterback Derek Carr's top option. And there's little doubt that the outspoken, flashy Brown has a Raider-like persona.

He could also help the team gin up hype ahead of next year's move to Las Vegas, where Brown would undoubtedly have a chance to become a sports staple.

There's no telling what the unpredictable Jon Gruden and his new front-office partner, Mike Mayock, might do. Gruden has been selling more than he's been buying, and there's a chance Brown wouldn't appeal to the old-school Mayock. But the Raiders still make a hell of a lot of sense on paper.

Odds: +600

Potential offer from Oakland: No. 24 overall pick in 2019

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820533-potential-landing-spots-offers-after-antonio-brown-requests-a-trade#slide0

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Potential Landing Spots, Offers After Antonio Brown Requests a Trade 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:31 am

Oakland Raiders seen as favorite to land Antonio Brown

https://tomahawktake.com/2019/02/25/atlanta-braves-last-ditch-effort-sign-craig-kimbrel/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:51 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:51 pm

Raiders now odds on favorites to land Antonio Brown in trade

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/3/6/18253193/raiders-odds-on-favorites-to-land-antonio-brown-in-trade

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:54 pm

Antonio Brown trade talks ‘heating up’ with Raiders emerging as betting favorite

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/6/18253140/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-raiders-titans-cardinals-packers-odds

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 8, 2019 12:35 am

Redskins and Titans out of the running for him.

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Redskins have removed themselves from the running for Antonio Brown.

The Titans were also ruled out on Thursday. At this point, it is entirely unclear who remains in on the NFL's best wideout ahead of a supposed Friday deadline for best offers.
Related:

Washington Redskins

Source: Dianna Russini on Twitter
Mar 7, 2019, 5:40 PM

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#7 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 8, 2019 4:51 am

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 8, 2019 6:32 am

Steelers trading Antonio Brown to the Buffalo Bills

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-Buffalo-Bills--129102436/

What I have read giving him a contract extension was our Raiders concern.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 8, 2019 3:18 pm

AB back on the market.....lol
Refuses to go to Buffalo!

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac reports the Antonio Brown deal to the Bills "fell apart" because Brown refused to go to Buffalo.

It's what we all wondered when it was announced that Antonio Brown was being shipped to the Bills on Thursday evening. Brown has said he wants to win wherever he goes, and Buffalo isn't all that close to contending for Super Bowls while also playing in the "Siberia" of the NFL. Very few star players who have any say-so at all would ever agree to go there. Multiple teams have already declared themselves out of the running for A.B., so it's unclear where he'll end up at this point.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 8, 2019 5:15 pm

Raiders offered a 2nd-round pick, 4th-round pick for Antonio Brown

https://clutchpoints.com/raiders-news-oakland-offered-a-2nd-round-pick-4th-round-pick-antonio-brown/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:36 am

Antonio Brown Telling People Close to Him He Expects Trade to Raiders

https://www.12up.com/posts/6315024-report-antonio-brown-telling-people-close-to-him-he-expects-trade-to-raiders/partners/41963

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:07 am

Done deal!! 3rd and 5th pick for AB.

Raiders acquired WR Antonio Brown from the Steelers in exchange for third- and fifth-round picks.

Not only has Brown been traded, he has secured a new contract. Per Profootballtalk, Brown's total compensation for the next three years has increased from $38.925 million to $50.125 million, while his guaranteed money has gone from $0 to $30.125 million. In other words, he has done exceptionally well for himself. As for the Raiders, they cried poor with Khalil Mack and bailed on Amari Cooper but have decided to pay Brown. Coach Jon Gruden continues to oscillate between reload and rebuild. At some point, a coherent plan will need to formulate. The wisdom can be questioned, but there is little reason to believe 31-year-old Brown will remain anything other than one of the best players in the league in 2019. The trade compensation is hardly odious. Brown's problem will be his severe downgrade at quarterback. He will probably reach 1,200 yards for the seventh consecutive season, but Derek Carr won't make it easy.
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#15 » by Neddy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 pm

HMFFL wrote:Done deal!! 3rd and 5th pick for AB.

Raiders acquired WR Antonio Brown from the Steelers in exchange for third- and fifth-round picks.

Not only has Brown been traded, he has secured a new contract. Per Profootballtalk, Brown's total compensation for the next three years has increased from $38.925 million to $50.125 million, while his guaranteed money has gone from $0 to $30.125 million. In other words, he has done exceptionally well for himself. As for the Raiders, they cried poor with Khalil Mack and bailed on Amari Cooper but have decided to pay Brown. Coach Jon Gruden continues to oscillate between reload and rebuild. At some point, a coherent plan will need to formulate. The wisdom can be questioned, but there is little reason to believe 31-year-old Brown will remain anything other than one of the best players in the league in 2019. The trade compensation is hardly odious. Brown's problem will be his severe downgrade at quarterback. He will probably reach 1,200 yards for the seventh consecutive season, but Derek Carr won't make it easy.
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter

Chucky is channeling Al. just reload baby.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders