Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Re: Game #64 Sacramento vs Boston 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:21 am

benchmobbin02 wrote:
KKP wrote:Giles
to rinse in defense, defensively much lagging behind ...

I hate to say how I feel about that, because Harry has been doing a lot of good, and improving throughout the season. He’s a bit overmatched physically in the paint (he’s only 20). But my main gripe, and area of concern with Harry is rim protection, he needs to do better with interior D. Too many layups. Doesn’t IMO have the instinct for it now. He’s 20, and has “dawg” in him, completely unlike WCS, so I’m hopeful to see the continued improvement with it
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#22 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:53 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
He’s 20, and has “dawg” in him, completely unlike WCS, so I’m hopeful to see the continued improvement with it

I hate when people equate mean mugging and yelling to effort or having "dawg in him". Just because WCS isn't super expressive doesn't mean he isn't playing hard or passionate about the game.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#23 » by dckingsfan » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:32 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:He’s 20, and has “dawg” in him, completely unlike WCS, so I’m hopeful to see the continued improvement with it

I hate when people equate mean mugging and yelling to effort or having "dawg in him". Just because WCS isn't super expressive doesn't mean he isn't playing hard or passionate about the game.

Replace "dawg" with "intimidating presence" and I think you have it... For this reason, I don't think he will ever be a C. I think he will stay as a PF (and if he develops a solid 3) a very good one. I think Bagley can be a PF/C.

So, really we shouldn't compare WCS and Giles?

Which brings us to the next point, in the short-term we need that C in the off-season. I don't "think" the Barnes signing should limit us in that endeavor (since we are only at 70M). Ideally it would be someone that could work well with Bagley - a stretch 5 if you will that is a good defensive rebounder.

My two cents...
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Sat Mar 9, 2019 7:51 pm

benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
He’s 20, and has “dawg” in him, completely unlike WCS, so I’m hopeful to see the continued improvement with it

No clue what your talking about. Actually I do, you have some type of bias to protect/see positive all players Kings.

WCS has no motor, that’s why he isn’t good. But 99% of folks know that

Harry does though, and that’s usually a big factor of improving defense
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#25 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 8:29 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

No clue what your talking about. Actually I do, you have some type of bias to protect/see positive all players Kings.

WCS has no motor, that’s why he isn’t good. But 99% of folks know that

Harry does though, and that’s usually a big factor of improving defense

Agree to disagree.

I see plenty of faults in many Kings players i.e Fox's crash test left hand drive, Bogi streaky shooting, Buddy's shot selection, Bags thin frame and WCS hands and positioning. I just don't think WCS lacks effort.

Go make assumptions somewhere else.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#26 » by benchmobbin02 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 8:36 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
benchmobbin02 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:He’s 20, and has “dawg” in him, completely unlike WCS, so I’m hopeful to see the continued improvement with it

Replace "dawg" with "intimidating presence" and I think you have it... For this reason, I don't think he will ever be a C. I think he will stay as a PF (and if he develops a solid 3) a very good one. I think Bagley can be a PF/C.

So, really we shouldn't compare WCS and Giles?

Which brings us to the next point, in the short-term we need that C in the off-season. I don't "think" the Barnes signing should limit us in that endeavor (since we are only at 70M). Ideally it would be someone that could work well with Bagley - a stretch 5 if you will that is a good defensive rebounder.

My two cents...

All I was commenting on was misconception in fans perspective of player effort.

I agree WCS isn't an enforcer type down low and I also agree there are better options for the team in the future at Center with the core we have.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Sacramento Kings