ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Mitchell Robinson Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,866

Official Mitchell Robinson Thread 

Post#1 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm

we hit 101 pages on the previous thread - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1717479#p66939611

all praise be to the gawd money mitch. carry on.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Re: Official Mitchell Robinson Thread 

Post#2 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm

Is there anyone who would still trade him without hesitation for AD, if we sign KD & Irving?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
LeStud
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#3 » by LeStud » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Is there anyone who would still trade him without hesitation for AD, if we sign KD & Irving?
Yes, anyone NOT a Knicks fan.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,117

Post#4 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Is there anyone who would still trade him without hesitation for AD, if we sign KD & Irving?

Yes. Me. In a heartbeat. Goodbye nice 2nd round pick, hello future HOF'er.

No more prospect hugging around here. He rebounds well, blocks shots really well. AD does everything well. Goodbye.
LeStud
Sophomore

Post#5 » by LeStud » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Mitch unfortunately will look awesome in a Pelicans jersey with local boy returns to save franchise narrative.

We'll be rooting for you from afar Mitch!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#6 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:38 pm

LeStud wrote:

Why does it mean you’re not a Knicks fan b/c someone feels AD is the right move even if it costs you Mitch?

Since when is fandom tied to transactions? We all have different opinions on what we think the team should do.

I wanted no part of the THJ signing, playing the vets over the kids and didn’t want W’s last season. Most were on board. Does that mean I’m not a Knicks fan?

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,563

Post#7 » by Lord Commander » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:54 pm

I was worried when he started out the year with those nagging injuries. Glad he's healthy and tearing **** up.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#8 » by NYKHardKnock » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Part of me feels, New Orleans begins to include Robinson and a top 3 pick as the focal point, and if not they may not be interested
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,097

Post#9 » by Juco24 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:02 pm

I've said this numerous times... there's NO WAY I'd trade a decent starting 5 in DSJ/Frank/Money Mitch/Knox/Zion? for any one player. And add another First round pick??? Think about it... that's 5 lotto picks. With that said, to make salaries match - we'd have to send the Pels Zion? Add an unprotected 1st, DSJ/Knox/Frank and if that's not enough - kick rocks! Simply put, I'm not including Money Mitch
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,472

Post#10 » by HerSports85 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,472

Post#11 » by HerSports85 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Again, you don’t trade Mitch unless AD signs an extension immediately. No waiting for the off season.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#12 » by awy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

i wouldn't trade him without exploring his upside more fully. what can he do offensively etc.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#13 » by BadNewsBarnes » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

No way we trade Mitch...he's more of a unicorn than KP.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
LeStud
Sophomore

Post#14 » by LeStud » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:03 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
LeStud wrote:

Why does it mean you’re not a Knicks fan b/c someone feels AD is the right move even if it costs you Mitch?

Since when is fandom tied to transactions? We all have different opinions on what we think the team should do.

I wanted no part of the THJ signing, playing the vets over the kids and didn’t want W’s last season. Most were on board. Does that mean I’m not a Knicks fan?

There's a huge connection between fandom and willingness to trade a player. You're asking a Knicks group if they'd trade the next DPOY. Of course they won't and proof is in responses, so your question is better posed for a forum of non Knicks fans to get a more impartial take, hence my original answer.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,871

Post#15 » by Context » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:29 pm

LeStud wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
LeStud wrote:Yes, anyone NOT a Knicks fan.

There's a huge connection between fandom and willingness to trade a player. You're asking a Knicks group if they'd trade the next DPOY. Of course they won't and proof is in responses, so your question is better posed for a forum of non Knicks fans to get a more impartial take, hence my original answer.

Mitch will win more than one DPOY when its all said and done. AD is NOT a dog- Mitch is.
Mitch brings much more value when you factor in salary, what you dont have to give up by NOT trading for AD,
he's better defensively TODAY and he doesn't even know what he's doing;
smdh (many of you dont understand the significance of that),
he's already shown more leadership than AD has in his first year in the league,
the only thing that AD may always have over him is offensive ability and offensive production but again-
step away from AD's numbers and put the entire picture in context.
Some of you don't realize you have to strongly consider and properly manage/balance the salary cap- if done wrong
it will hamper you in the future...
Not to mention, AD is always injured- in his previous 2 seasons he only had two years where he finished with 75 games- he other 4 years: 64,67,68,61

So NO!- im not "impartial" because he's a knick- i'm just a
"strategist" and have a deep understanding and respect for value...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#16 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:33 pm

LeStud wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
LeStud wrote:Yes, anyone NOT a Knicks fan.

I thought you were saying if you’re willing to trade Mitch, that means you’re not a Knicks fan. Apologies.

:beer:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
LeStud
Sophomore

Post#17 » by LeStud » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Context wrote:
LeStud wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Mitch will win more than one DPOY when its all said and done. AD is NOT a dog- Mitch is.
Mitch brings much more value when you factor in salary, what you dont have to give up by NOT trading for AD,
he's better defensively TODAY and he doesn't even know what he's doing;
smdh (many of you dont understand the significance of that),
he's already shown more leadership than AD has in his first year in the league,
the only thing that AD may always have over him is offensive ability and offensive production but again-
step away from AD's numbers and put the entire picture in context.
Some of you don't realize you have to strongly consider and properly manage/balance the salary cap- if done wrong
it will hamper you in the future...
Not to mention, AD is always injured- in his previous 2 seasons he only had two years where he finished with 75 games- he other 4 years: 64,67,68,61

So NO!- im not "impartial" because he's a knick- i'm just a
"strategist" and have a deep understanding and respect for value...
Talk about fandom...

Exhibit A. Fan claims Dot is the Knicks' next Ray Allen and expects his "impartial" hot take to be taken seriously
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,691

Post#18 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:36 pm

I don't think it's without hesitation but AD is so underrated here it's kind of absurd.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#19 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I don't think it's without hesitation but AD is so underrated here it's kind of absurd.

It's tough. I would include Mitch in an AD package but I wouldn't be sure it was the right move. It's more an indictment on today's NBA than AD but something is wrong when AD & Jrue + their supporting cast can't even make the playoffs. He's won one playoff series in his career and that was largely because Jrue and Rondo destroyed Lillard and McCollum (as great as AD was in that series). AD as an individual player is fantastic but I'm not sure he's what you need in today's NBA. That said, if he's joining KD and Kyrie then it's a whole other animal. Sign me up.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,204

Post#20 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:56 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:No way we trade Mitch...he's more of a unicorn than KP.

I kind of agree. But if they need AD and things are heating up, I'm not confident he's retained.

Return to New York Knicks