Re: Welcome Mikal Bridges! 

Post#261 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#262 » by Damkac » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 am

I enjoy watching Bridges with 1-3 shooting more than Oubre with 8-16 shooting.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#263 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:57 am

Damkac wrote:I enjoy watching Bridges with 1-3 shooting more than Oubre with 8-16 shooting.

Oubre had 3 steals and 2 blocks...Oubre plays really hard on defense. Bridges and Oubre are our best defensive players...But Oubre is better on offense.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#264 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Pulling Bridges from the starting lineup instead of Jackson was a super weird move. I do wonder if they are scaling back his minutes a little bit due to fatigue. The rookie wall is a real this is about when guys tend to hit it. But doing that coming out of the ASB when he should be some what refreshed is weird timing. I'd like to see both him and Melton back in the starting lineup replacing Johnson and Jackson next game.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#265 » by bigfoot » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Right now Bridges is the future for this team. He could be a legit two way player given the opportunity. Booytoker refuses to play defense and turns the ball over too much. Ayton is a worthless turd.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#266 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:50 pm

bigfoot wrote:Right now Bridges is the future for this team. He could be a legit two way player given the opportunity. Booytoker refuses to play defense and turns the ball over too much. Ayton is a worthless turd.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#267 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Pulling Bridges from the starting lineup instead of Jackson was a super weird move. I do wonder if they are scaling back his minutes a little bit due to fatigue. The rookie wall is a real this is about when guys tend to hit it. But doing that coming out of the ASB when he should be some what refreshed is weird timing. I'd like to see both him and Melton back in the starting lineup replacing Johnson and Jackson next game.

I think it might have to do a bit with Jackson pouting a little more and Bridges being more accepting of whatever role he has to play. He knows he will get the minutes.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#268 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Pulling Bridges from the starting lineup instead of Jackson was a super weird move. I do wonder if they are scaling back his minutes a little bit due to fatigue. The rookie wall is a real this is about when guys tend to hit it. But doing that coming out of the ASB when he should be some what refreshed is weird timing. I'd like to see both him and Melton back in the starting lineup replacing Johnson and Jackson next game.

I think it might have to do a bit with Jackson pouting a little more and Bridges being more accepting of whatever role he has to play. He knows he will get the minutes.

If Igor is making decisions due to worrying about Jackson pouting then I might have to join the 'fire him' crowd. Although if he made the decision because he thinks Jackson is a better player then I'm definitely in the 'fire him' crowd. :o
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#269 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If Igor is making decisions due to worrying about Jackson pouting then I might have to join the 'fire him' crowd. Although if he made the decision because he thinks Jackson is a better player then I'm definitely in the 'fire him' crowd. :o

Well I meant to add "not that it should be a reason" but honestly I have always thought it doesn't matter much who starts IF someone like Bridges ends up playing his share of minutes. There could be a number of reasons though. Might as well try anything at this point.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#270 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#271 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:37 pm

Love Mikal. He obviously needs some more physical maturation via a full NBA S&T program (like most young NBA players) but I could easily see him being one of the most disruptive NBA defenders in the league which he is already in the conversation for. I'm fairly confident in his defensive potential so I'm more interested in his offensive upside which I think is considerably but not necessarily elite. The way he moves on offense, always moving, always cutting and seemingly always in the right spots to shoot, pass or drive reminds me a lot of Rip Hamilton and with his defense he could be a Tayshaun Prince who was a multiple time all-Defensive 2nd teamer. I just love high bbiq players that also has the skills to fit in today's NBA and won't be a liability on either ends of the court.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#272 » by Qwigglez » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:04 pm

The fact that Bridges has only had four games since the start of this year (2019) with no steals is amazing for a rookie. He’s had more games (16) with 3-4 steals than games with zero steals (15).

For 2019 he’s averaging a sliver under 2 steals per game. This guy is going to be an absolute animal for us the next decade.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#273 » by MathiasPW » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Qwigglez wrote:The fact that Bridges has only had four games since the start of this year (2019) with no steals is amazing for a rookie. He’s had more games (16) with 3-4 steals than games with zero steals (15).

For 2019 he’s averaging a sliver under 2 steals per game. This guy is going to be an absolute animal for us the next decade.
So, does he have 4 or 15 games with no steals?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#274 » by bwgood77 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:53 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:The fact that Bridges has only had four games since the start of this year (2019) with no steals is amazing for a rookie. He’s had more games (16) with 3-4 steals than games with zero steals (15).

So, does he have 4 or 15 games with no steals?

Sounds like 4 in 2019 and 15 for the season. Makes sense given he had a number of games at the beginning without a lot of minutes.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#275 » by Qwigglez » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 pm

Yeah that ^
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#276 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:11 am

Thank you for the clarification
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#277 » by AtheJ415 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:55 am

bigfoot wrote:Right now Bridges is the future for this team. He could be a legit two way player given the opportunity. Booytoker refuses to play defense and turns the ball over too much. Ayton is a worthless turd.

Perhaps the worst post on RealGm. That is saying something.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#278 » by bigfoot » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 am

AtheJ415 wrote:

What a stinking cherry picker. Such a turd for replying almost three weeks after a post made on the day after Suns record breaking losing streak to the lowly Cavs. Everyone was wondering if the Suns could even win another game the whole season and at the time people on the board and in the Phoenix sports media were saying nobody on the team was untradeable including Booker and Ayton. This is pretty typical from you though ... mostly worthless and attacking posts made by other people on the board. Your contributions to this board are minimal at best.
SwingMan1938
Junior
And1: 246

Post#279 » by SwingMan1938 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:13 am

bigfoot wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:

What a stinking cherry picker. Such a turd for replying almost three weeks after a post made on the day after Suns record breaking losing streak to the lowly Cavs. Everyone was wondering if the Suns could even win another game the whole season and at the time people on the board and in the Phoenix sports media were saying nobody on the team was untradeable including Booker and Ayton. This is pretty typical from you though ... mostly worthless and attacking posts made by other people on the board. Your contributions to this board are minimal at best.

No more hype for Luka "prime Kobe" Doncic and the butthurt shows strong after Dallas loses 10 of their last 11 under your golden boy's leadership. :lol:

It's painfully clear that you've not watched a second of any Suns games in, at least, the last 2 weeks.....
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#280 » by Blonde » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:42 am

SwingMan1938 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:

No more hype for Luka "prime Kobe" Doncic and the butthurt shows strong after Dallas loses 10 of their last 11 under your golden boy's leadership. :lol:

It's painfully clear that you've not watched a second of any Suns games in, at least, the last 2 weeks.....

You can’t keep that man off your mind can you?

Return to Phoenix Suns