ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too - Mecca's got a book on pg 51 

Post#1121 » by god shammgod » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 pm

i forgot this thread existed until cap merged the jussie topic. in other criminal celebrity news, r. kelly just got charged and i saw this on twitter :lol:

Read on Twitter
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Re: OT: NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft arrrdted for BS 

Post#1122 » by Rich Rane » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:05 am

Capn'O wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:That's one way to get balls deflated.

Well. No further replies will be needed anyway. Well done, sir!

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: [Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too - Mecca's got a book on pg 51 

Post#1123 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:i forgot this thread existed until cap merged the jussie topic. in other criminal celebrity news, r. kelly just got charged and i saw this on twitter :lol:

Read on Twitter

that's for sentencing. straight trapped in the closet before then.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1124 » by King of Canada » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Still waiting for an answer here, KoC...

Haha, I'm only just getting into it. Started with a white Playbase. I bought a 55" Sony X900E, and shopped soundbars for a few months. I didn't like the look of a goofy soundbar sitting in front of my TV, and wanted something that sounded great for music too. The Playbase fits right under the TV's stand perfectly. I then designed and built a big console table for the TV and Playbase to sit on. In the last two months I added a pair of Play 1s as surrounds, and the sound is incredible. I've got to say that the Playbase is nuts and really pounds. Somebody I'll probably add the big sub (or the new small one that looks like it's on the horizon), but I'm in no rush. Sonos is coming out with speaker pairs that are specifically for surround sound, so I'll probably look to add them and then move the Play 1s to other rooms in the house. Couldn't be happier with Sonos so far.

Excellent. The reapplication of Sonos speakers is such an important component to making them so valuable. Every time I added more to my system everything else got moved along the line and repurposed in a different room. I've gotten my whole family to purchase them since I got my first speaker about 10 years ago, and everyone loves them across the age spectrum. They're just a fantastic product.

The two biggest takeaways I'd have on them is that stereo pairing them is a quantum leap in sound quality - specifically pairing Play 1s, which might be the best bang for buck in speakers in general. If you're not pushing them to super loud levels with tons of bass, paired Play 1s are some of the best sounding retail speakers around for the money.

The second is that the sub is a total game changer for every speaker (except the Play 5 gen 2s, which handle bass really well on their own). A pair of Play 1s with the sub is every bit as good as a pair of Play 5 gen 2s - which speaks to how awesome the Play 1s are.

I like the sound of the Playbar better than the Playbase, but it's not enough to outweigh the slick profile of the latter if style is a big factor for you. We have a Playbase in our living room for just this reason, and Playbars everywhere else.

Are you on IOS, and if so did you use Trueplay to calibrate your theater setup?

I am on IOS and do Trueplay the speakers. When I first got the Play 1s I played around with pairing them. It’s great how much you can push out of such a small pair of speakers. For me having them grouped with the TV works great because the main level of my house is pretty open and the sound really carries well. I’ve got an old DSLR that I might sell to fund a sub because my wife will kill me if I drop that much on a sub. Probably my favourite part is the longevity of these speakers. You can pick up used ones for pretty cheap and add them to your system so easily. Should be interesting to see how the new Ikea speakers work out too. I’m thinking they could be a good cheap surround option for a lot of people.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#1125 » by Capn'O » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:48 pm

I know - community discussion keeps moving into Mecca's thread. Frankly, there's not much else to say to dude :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,842

Post#1126 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:54 pm

King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Haha, I'm only just getting into it. Started with a white Playbase. I bought a 55" Sony X900E, and shopped soundbars for a few months. I didn't like the look of a goofy soundbar sitting in front of my TV, and wanted something that sounded great for music too. The Playbase fits right under the TV's stand perfectly. I then designed and built a big console table for the TV and Playbase to sit on. In the last two months I added a pair of Play 1s as surrounds, and the sound is incredible. I've got to say that the Playbase is nuts and really pounds. Somebody I'll probably add the big sub (or the new small one that looks like it's on the horizon), but I'm in no rush. Sonos is coming out with speaker pairs that are specifically for surround sound, so I'll probably look to add them and then move the Play 1s to other rooms in the house. Couldn't be happier with Sonos so far.

Excellent. The reapplication of Sonos speakers is such an important component to making them so valuable. Every time I added more to my system everything else got moved along the line and repurposed in a different room. I've gotten my whole family to purchase them since I got my first speaker about 10 years ago, and everyone loves them across the age spectrum. They're just a fantastic product.

The two biggest takeaways I'd have on them is that stereo pairing them is a quantum leap in sound quality - specifically pairing Play 1s, which might be the best bang for buck in speakers in general. If you're not pushing them to super loud levels with tons of bass, paired Play 1s are some of the best sounding retail speakers around for the money.

The second is that the sub is a total game changer for every speaker (except the Play 5 gen 2s, which handle bass really well on their own). A pair of Play 1s with the sub is every bit as good as a pair of Play 5 gen 2s - which speaks to how awesome the Play 1s are.

I like the sound of the Playbar better than the Playbase, but it's not enough to outweigh the slick profile of the latter if style is a big factor for you. We have a Playbase in our living room for just this reason, and Playbars everywhere else.

I am on IOS and do Trueplay the speakers. When I first got the Play 1s I played around with pairing them. It’s great how much you can push out of such a small pair of speakers. For me having them grouped with the TV works great because the main level of my house is pretty open and the sound really carries well. I’ve got an old DSLR that I might sell to fund a sub because my wife will kill me if I drop that much on a sub. Probably my favourite part is the longevity of these speakers. You can pick up used ones for pretty cheap and add them to your system so easily. Should be interesting to see how the new Ikea speakers work out too. I’m thinking they could be a good cheap surround option for a lot of people.

This is spot on and actually how I built my Sonos empire - via Craigslist. Out of everything I own, only three came to me via straight retail - the Play 5 Gen 1 my wife got as my first speaker 10 years ago, a Play 1 on major Black Friday sale a couple of years ago to finish out the kids rooms (we use them as their alarm clocks), and a sub as a housewarming gift from my mother when we moved into our house. Everything else has been 50% or more off by carefully trolling Craigslist, to the point where I literally don't look anymore because I have no more space in the house (and outdoors) on my Sonos network.

But yeah, the hardware is so impressive because it lasts so long and Sonos isn't constantly pushing new tech (well recently they started and it's a little annoying, but I digress), they just have their baller wireless speakers and push software updates to keep older versions of the same speakers up to date. They really are fantastic. We have music playing throughout our house from 6:30 AM until 9 PM at night every day.

god shammgod wrote: :lol: went to amazon to look at models right after i read this. i've wanted to buy wireless surrounds forever. the only thing that makes me nervous is controlling it with alexa. because i have alexa and she's a dumb bitch who can't get anything right. they say a.i. is a threat to the future of humanity. not anytime soon, i can tell you that.

I purposely do not have Alexa in my house and have specifically stayed away from any Sonos Ones because I want nothing to do with that technology in my life. The Sonos app is pretty awesome and serves all my needs perfectly from my phone or the dedicated Fire tablet we velcro mounted in the kitchen to act as a controller in case a phone/laptop wasn't nearby.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1127 » by King of Canada » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:07 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

This is spot on and actually how I built my Sonos empire - via Craigslist. Out of everything I own, only three came to me via straight retail - the Play 5 Gen 1 my wife got as my first speaker 10 years ago, a Play 1 on major Black Friday sale a couple of years ago to finish out the kids rooms (we use them as their alarm clocks), and a sub as a housewarming gift from my mother when we moved into our house. Everything else has been 50% or more off by carefully trolling Craigslist, to the point where I literally don't look anymore because I have no more space in the house (and outdoors) on my Sonos network.

But yeah, the hardware is so impressive because it lasts so long and Sonos isn't constantly pushing new tech (well recently they started and it's a little annoying, but I digress), they just have their baller wireless speakers and push software updates to keep older versions of the same speakers up to date. They really are fantastic. We have music playing throughout our house from 6:30 AM until 9 PM at night every day.

god shammgod wrote: :lol: went to amazon to look at models right after i read this. i've wanted to buy wireless surrounds forever. the only thing that makes me nervous is controlling it with alexa. because i have alexa and she's a dumb bitch who can't get anything right. they say a.i. is a threat to the future of humanity. not anytime soon, i can tell you that.

I purposely do not have Alexa in my house and have specifically stayed away from any Sonos Ones because I want nothing to do with that technology in my life. The Sonos app is pretty awesome and serves all my needs perfectly from my phone or the dedicated Fire tablet we velcro mounted in the kitchen to act as a controller in case a phone/laptop wasn't nearby.

I wish it was easier to add a record player to the mix. Frankly I’m surprised that Sonos hasn’t partnered with somebody to make one. I don’t want to shell out a ton for a connect or amp, but they’d probably also charge a fortune for a record player anyway.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,842

Post#1128 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:15 am

King of Canada wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

I wish it was easier to add a record player to the mix. Frankly I’m surprised that Sonos hasn’t partnered with somebody to make one. I don’t want to shell out a ton for a connect or amp, but they’d probably also charge a fortune for a record player anyway.

It's super easy to connect your record player, but yeah, you need the Connect (the Connect:Amp is for hooking up wired speakers to your Sonos network, and more expensive than the Connect). I've gotten a Connect for under $200 on CL before, waiting for the right deal to pop up.

Sonos will never make any specific player hardware - the app allows immense access to digital content, and cleanly. They're only going to make wireless network speakers and the the conversion/adaption devices to integrate non-digital music into that ecosystem. But never the actual direct component hardware.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1129 » by King of Canada » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Capn'O wrote:.

March/Spring break coming up next week. We're taking two days off to try to make it fun for the kids, but after that they'll have to entertain themselves. Do you do anything fun over spring break with the kids? We're trying to do it on a budget this year. Probably take them to the local pool for an afternoon (https://canadagamescentre.ca/), hit the Seaport market and the central library, eat some junk, take them to a movie. We'll probably spend a day going to a maple syrup farm (super Canadian eh!). They have a restaurant with insanely good pancakes, bacon, etc....served with all you can eat/drink maple syrup (https://www.sugarmoon.ca/).
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1130 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:25 am

King of Canada wrote:

March/Spring break coming up next week. We're taking two days off to try to make it fun for the kids, but after that they'll have to entertain themselves. Do you do anything fun over spring break with the kids? We're trying to do it on a budget this year. Probably take them to the local pool for an afternoon (https://canadagamescentre.ca/), hit the Seaport market and the central library, eat some junk, take them to a movie. We'll probably spend a day going to a maple syrup farm (super Canadian eh!). They have a restaurant with insanely good pancakes, bacon, etc....served with all you can eat/drink maple syrup (https://www.sugarmoon.ca/).

That sounds awesome. We're not in school yet so every week is spring break!!! Well, except for that pesky work thing.

Halifax is awesome when it gets nice. The market is near the ship theme playground with the wave sculpture and stuff, right? We went there when we were up but most everything marketwise was closed. We're just hitting 50s/60s F here. Trying to make a few coastal trips before Lil'O #2. Spring can occasionally be glorious here so if you can weather watch and book quickly you can catch some great days without crowds.
BAF Clippers

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1131 » by King of Canada » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

That sounds awesome. We're not in school yet so every week is spring break!!! Well, except for that pesky work thing.

Halifax is awesome when it gets nice. The market is near the ship theme playground with the wave sculpture and stuff, right? We went there when we were up but most everything marketwise was closed. We're just hitting 50s/60s F here. Trying to make a few coastal trips before Lil'O #2. Spring can occasionally be glorious here so if you can weather watch and book quickly you can catch some great days without crowds.

Ok, I wasn't sure how old yours were. Yeah the market is about a 5 minute walk from that playground. The waterfront will look a bit different if/when you come back here. Development has been going nuts lately, and there are a few projects on thew waterfront right now, including this one : https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/queen-s-marque-halifax-waterfront-historic-properties-1.3573921

It's looking more and more like we're getting a CFL franchise with a new stadium likely to be built on the other side of the harbor between the bridges.

We're taking the kids out to a poutine spot next week too :lol:

BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1132 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:33 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:

Ok, I wasn't sure how old yours were. Yeah the market is about a 5 minute walk from that playground. The waterfront will look a bit different if/when you come back here. Development has been going nuts lately, and there are a few projects on thew waterfront right now, including this one : https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/queen-s-marque-halifax-waterfront-historic-properties-1.3573921

It's looking more and more like we're getting a CFL franchise with a new stadium likely to be built on the other side of the harbor between the bridges.

It's probably all those exiled 'Muricans. We've talked about it but have gotten comfortable in Cascadia's refuge. Is there a lot of hullabaloo about the incoming development or are folks mostly happy about it?

When I was a kid, I swore up and down that one of the bridges HAD to be the Ronald McDonald bridge and wouldn't let anyone tell me otherwise. It was always disappointing that we usually had to take the MacKay to get to my aunt's place.

That graphic is more Canandian than human (though they shouldn't be flashing Canadiens and Maple Leafs apparel on the same jersey footprint)! :o Do they serve caribou?
BAF Clippers

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1133 » by King of Canada » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Capn'O wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

It's probably all those exiled 'Muricans. We've talked about it but have gotten comfortable in Cascadia's refuge. Is there a lot of hullabaloo about the incoming development or are folks mostly happy about it?

When I was a kid, I swore up and down that one of the bridges HAD to be the Ronald McDonald bridge and wouldn't let anyone tell me otherwise. It was always disappointing that we usually had to take the MacKay to get to my aunt's place.

That graphic is more Canandian than human (though they shouldn't be flashing Canadiens and Maple Leafs apparel on the same jersey footprint)! :o Do they serve caribou?

People have fought the development for years, but in the last few years things have opened up and Halifax is taking steps toward becoming a bigger city. They still won't let the buildings rise too high in front of Citadel Hill because it would block the view of the harbour (the reason the fort existed). People seem to be happy with the waterfront development because most of what is happening is being built over former parking lots (Queens Marquee) and vacant military housing (possible CFL stadium). The whole area is booming though. I don't know where the people are coming from because the housing prices are bonkers. Some of it is Chinese due to the universities, and some people are moving home from out west after the oil industry took a nose dive.
BAF Pacers

Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

Knickmyballz
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#1134 » by Knickmyballz » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:11 am

Long time lurker recent member. Looking forward to the mandatory stfu and gtfo welcome!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1135 » by Capn'O » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm

I made an art that built off of the retirement thread art :-D

Magnumt wrote:...
BAF Clippers

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1136 » by magnumt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Capn'O wrote:I made an art that built off of the retirement thread art :-D

I won’t lie, seeing Gallo in a Knick jersey made me kinda nostalgically sad. :( :lol:

Kinda wish we can get him back in our jersey before he retires. Maybe for ring chasing. :P

—Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1137 » by Capn'O » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:11 pm

magnumt wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I made an art that built off of the retirement thread art :-D

I won’t lie, seeing Gallo in a Knick jersey made me kinda nostalgically sad. :( :lol:

Kinda wish we can get him back in our jersey before he retires. Maybe for ring chasing. :P

Hopefully and hopefully he can stay healthy. He's aging like a fine Italian wine.

That was TKF's last avy. Anakin for him makes too much sense :lol: The Melo one was Moo's though Birdman would be more apropos.
BAF Clippers

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#1138 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:58 pm

We should have a feature where we can post video comments. :D That alone would make this place lit.

Calling on KnicksGod!
Free Palestine
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1139 » by magnumt » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:30 am

You’re Welcome!

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1140 » by magnumt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 am

Capn'O wrote:...

Thought you might enjoy this:

Read on Twitter

Watch it fully.