ImageImageImage

Mikal Bridges discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Re: Welcome Mikal Bridges! 

Post#281 » by wheezy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 am

wheezy wrote:Seriously my favorite player on the team.

This guy won me a bit of money a year ago, so just want to reiterate this point. Dumb that we traded the Lakers pick in the first place and the MIA pick to pull it off but SO glad he's on the team. Just seems like he'll be an instrumental part of the team going forward and I can't wait to watch it.
SwingMan1938
Junior
And1: 246

Post#282 » by SwingMan1938 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:47 am

Blonde wrote:
SwingMan1938 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
What a stinking cherry picker. Such a turd for replying almost three weeks after a post made on the day after Suns record breaking losing streak to the lowly Cavs. Everyone was wondering if the Suns could even win another game the whole season and at the time people on the board and in the Phoenix sports media were saying nobody on the team was untradeable including Booker and Ayton. This is pretty typical from you though ... mostly worthless and attacking posts made by other people on the board. Your contributions to this board are minimal at best.

No more hype for Luka "prime Kobe" Doncic and the butthurt shows strong after Dallas loses 10 of their last 11 under your golden boy's leadership. :lol:

It's painfully clear that you've not watched a second of any Suns games in, at least, the last 2 weeks.....

You can’t keep that man off your mind can you?

Yeah - guy says Ayton is a "worthless turd" because of his affinity for Luka Doncic and *I'm* the one obsessing. Got it. :lol:

More Doncic butthurt, I see - over-sensitive much?

Cork your hole, child.....
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#283 » by Blonde » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:03 am

SwingMan1938 wrote:
Blonde wrote:
SwingMan1938 wrote:
No more hype for Luka "prime Kobe" Doncic and the butthurt shows strong after Dallas loses 10 of their last 11 under your golden boy's leadership. :lol:

It's painfully clear that you've not watched a second of any Suns games in, at least, the last 2 weeks.....

Yeah - guy says Ayton is a "worthless turd" because of his affinity for Luka Doncic and *I'm* the one obsessing. Got it. :lol:

You are the worst poster on this board and it isn’t particularly close.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#284 » by NTB » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 am

wheezy wrote:
wheezy wrote:Seriously my favorite player on the team.

This guy won me a bit of money a year ago, so just want to reiterate this point. Dumb that we traded the Lakers pick in the first place and the MIA pick to pull it off but SO glad he's on the team. Just seems like he'll be an instrumental part of the team going forward and I can't wait to watch it.

Same. My favorite player too.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#285 » by cberry78 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Watching clips from the GSW game I noticed Bridges on Durant quite a bit. I know he's our best one-on-one defender so he's going to cover the other teams best wing, and Durant's gonna Durant regardless of who's on him, but how was Bridges D on KD?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,623

Post#286 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:01 pm

bigfoot wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Right now Bridges is the future for this team. He could be a legit two way player given the opportunity. Booytoker refuses to play defense and turns the ball over too much. Ayton is a worthless turd.

Perhaps the worst post on RealGm. That is saying something.

What a stinking cherry picker. Such a turd for replying almost three weeks after a post made on the day after Suns record breaking losing streak to the lowly Cavs. Everyone was wondering if the Suns could even win another game the whole season and at the time people on the board and in the Phoenix sports media were saying nobody on the team was untradeable including Booker and Ayton. This is pretty typical from you though ... mostly worthless and attacking posts made by other people on the board. Your contributions to this board are minimal at best.

Blonde wrote:
SwingMan1938 wrote:
Blonde wrote:

You are the worst poster on this board and it isn’t particularly close.

That's enough

Keep the discussion on topic (Bridges) and stop with the personal attacks or we'll have to start handing out bans
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#287 » by MathiasPW » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Please ban. It's quite tiresome reading these childish attacks over and over again always popping up on random threads.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#288 » by suns12345 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 am

cberry78 wrote:Watching clips from the GSW game I noticed Bridges on Durant quite a bit. I know he's our best one-on-one defender so he's going to cover the other teams best wing, and Durant's gonna Durant regardless of who's on him, but how was Bridges D on KD?

It was fine. But even bridges isn't long enough to bother Durant so it's a bit of a wash. Almost be better off putting Booker on him who is strong and will get scored on anyway and then use bridges elsewhere he was have more impact (e.g. guarding Klay)
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#289 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:32 am

suns12345 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:Watching clips from the GSW game I noticed Bridges on Durant quite a bit. I know he's our best one-on-one defender so he's going to cover the other teams best wing, and Durant's gonna Durant regardless of who's on him, but how was Bridges D on KD?

It was fine. But even bridges isn't long enough to bother Durant so it's a bit of a wash. Almost be better off putting Booker on him who is strong and will get scored on anyway and then use bridges elsewhere he was have more impact (e.g. guarding Klay)

It's going to be wasted effort for Booker. Might as well let Booker focus his energy on offense where he can be a positive.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#290 » by suns12345 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:37 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

It's going to be wasted effort for Booker. Might as well let Booker focus his energy on offense where he can be a positive.

Sorry if I wasn't that clear. Booker was just an example of anyone who isn't a great defender. The main point was that durant will get his and maybe Bridges would be better utilised defending someone where his length can cause problems, even though he did ok on durant.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#291 » by Crives » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am

Bridges did a good job. He does need to get stronger this summer, he did get bullied by Durant a few times in the post.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#292 » by MathiasPW » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:23 pm

suns12345 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

Sorry if I wasn't that clear. Booker was just an example of anyone who isn't a great defender. The main point was that durant will get his and maybe Bridges would be better utilised defending someone where his length can cause problems, even though he did ok on durant.
It really doesn't work that way, though. If Durant is scoring effortlessly on someone who doesn't defend, they'll just keep going to Durant on every possession.

Gotta make the opponent's best player work for his lunch, always.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#293 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:14 am

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#294 » by Saberestar » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:56 am

Happy with Mikal's performance during his rookie season.

He just needs to improve a bit offensively and get stronger.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#295 » by Fo-Real » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Love his abilities, need him to improve on strength, aggressiveness and confidence. Too finesse and no killer instinct, get pissed once in a while and turn up the intensity like the **** is personal. I want to see angry Mikal pushing people and dunking hard.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#296 » by Damkac » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:48 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#297 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:06 am

How can you not love Bridges? He probably gives up a good 10lbs min on most nights to his assignment but uses his smarts and length really well. He's already a monster defensively and with added strength and weight, he should be even better next season.

His offense left a lot to be desired at the start of the season but as it progressed, he became more confident and possibly given more of a greenlight to put his skills into practice. He still has a lot to learn on that end and skills he has to work on but he's been a real surprise for me because I wasn't super high on him pre-draft and considering what we gave up for him had set my expectations of him even higher and for the most part, he's met my expectations.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#298 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:54 am

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#299 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:04 am

A little bit disappointing considering his impact defensively but I get it
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#300 » by kennydorglas » Wed May 22, 2019 8:55 pm

I knew my boy was ready to shine.
He just creates steals outta nowhere.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola

Return to Phoenix Suns