The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#301 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 9, 2017 4:44 pm

Nate's whole life seems to revolve around Conor at this point. He gets his boxing license after Conor does, he says he will only fight Conor, etc.

The amount of chatter about these two relative to the amount they actually fight lately is getting old.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#302 » by Headliner » Sat Dec 9, 2017 11:15 pm

REDDzone wrote:Nate's whole life seems to revolve around Conor at this point. He gets his boxing license after Conor does, he says he will only fight Conor, etc.

The amount of chatter about these two relative to the amount they actually fight lately is getting old.

I can't blame him though, he probably made more in his two Conor fights then he did in all his other fights combined. He's probably like screw it, if that model is working, might as well follow it.
For him, he could go and fight 10 more fights at 100k a fight or whatever, or wait for the trilogy fight for connor and get 1 million (he'll get a lot more than that). I know I'd be doing the same.

The whole boxing thing though is looking sad. Wouldn't be surprised if he's just trying to leverage his position with the UFC.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#303 » by qm22 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:30 pm

REDDzone wrote:Nate's whole life seems to revolve around Conor at this point. He gets his boxing license after Conor does, he says he will only fight Conor, etc.

It is old, but Diaz got paid for 20k in his fights before, has taken a lot of punishment... He should only care about money fights. I'm kind of curious if Diaz vs. Woodley would have been a money fight like they wanted. I'd watch it but I don't know how much general audiences tune in if there is no crazy Irishman.
Anyway I think Nate is semi-retired. He has no reason to care about belts, he deserves money for his past performances, has already taken more than a lifetime's worth of damage. There is no incentive.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#304 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 am

Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#305 » by Headliner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 am

qm22 wrote:

It is old, but Diaz got paid for 20k in his fights before, has taken a lot of punishment... He should only care about money fights. I'm kind of curious if Diaz vs. Woodley would have been a money fight like they wanted. I'd watch it but I don't know how much general audiences tune in if there is no crazy Irishman.
Anyway I think Nate is semi-retired. He has no reason to care about belts, he deserves money for his past performances, has already taken more than a lifetime's worth of damage. There is no incentive.

Nate had a different contract, probably for tax evasion purposes.
Nate was paid a large lump sum upfront and then a small 20k per fight. Dana commented on this in the past.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#306 » by Headliner » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:10 am

Leaving a Hotel at 5 am....assaults someone taking his picture...hmmmm
Conor cheating again. He better be prepared to lose half his money and pay a large monthly settlement for his child because he's definitely on the road to divorce.
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#307 » by AirCanadaMouse » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Headliner wrote:

Conor cheating again. He better be prepared to lose half his money and pay a large monthly settlement for his child because he's definitely on the road to divorce.

His wife doesn't even care, I really doubt it. I'm more surprised that people expected him to be faithful to the only person he's been with.
Thank you Clutch0z24
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,624

Post#308 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 pm

AirCanadaMouse wrote:
Headliner wrote:

His wife doesn't even care, I really doubt it. I'm more surprised that people expected him to be faithful to the only person he's been with.

much MUCH lesser women have tempted me. I can't even imagine the quality thrown his way
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
JordanBPeterson
Junior
And1: 585

Post#309 » by JordanBPeterson » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Apparently, he's retired now. How many retirement announcements does that make it??
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#310 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 pm

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/26/18282747/conor-mcgregor-under-investigation-for-sexual-assault-ufc-news-mma-breaking-nytimes

The New York Times has reported that UFC superstar Conor McGregor was arrested by Irish authorities in January. According to the story, McGregor remains under investigation for an alleged December sexual assault.

The UFC’s top box-office draw is under investigation in Ireland after a woman accused him of sexual assault in December, four people “familiar with the investigation” told the paper.

McGregor, 30, has not officially been charged with any crime. A spokesperson for Ireland’s police service confirmed an “unnamed sportsman” was arrested on Jan. 17 and released without charge. A file had been sent to the national prosecutor’s office for consideration.

The alleged assault is said to have occurred at the Beacon Hotel in Dublin. These allegations were the source of news reports in Ireland last year that did not mention McGregor by name. Due to Irish law news media cannot identify individuals charged with rape unless they are convicted. McGregor has neither been charged nor convicted.

A lawyer for the former two-division UFC champion did not respond to the Times’ request for a comment on the allegations. McGregor has yet to publicly addressed the accusations.

Bloody Elbow will have more as this story develops.

Powerful timing
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#311 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/3/26/18282747/conor-mcgregor-under-investigation-for-sexual-assault-ufc-news-mma-breaking-nytimes

The New York Times has reported that UFC superstar Conor McGregor was arrested by Irish authorities in January. According to the story, McGregor remains under investigation for an alleged December sexual assault.

The UFC’s top box-office draw is under investigation in Ireland after a woman accused him of sexual assault in December, four people “familiar with the investigation” told the paper.

McGregor, 30, has not officially been charged with any crime. A spokesperson for Ireland’s police service confirmed an “unnamed sportsman” was arrested on Jan. 17 and released without charge. A file had been sent to the national prosecutor’s office for consideration.

The alleged assault is said to have occurred at the Beacon Hotel in Dublin. These allegations were the source of news reports in Ireland last year that did not mention McGregor by name. Due to Irish law news media cannot identify individuals charged with rape unless they are convicted. McGregor has neither been charged nor convicted.

A lawyer for the former two-division UFC champion did not respond to the Times’ request for a comment on the allegations. McGregor has yet to publicly addressed the accusations.

Bloody Elbow will have more as this story develops.

Powerful timing

That a poster named JordanPeterson shows up the moment an MMA star gets RAILROADED BY THE CHTHONIC, UNTAMED FORCE THAT IS THE FEMININE?
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#312 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:57 pm

I didn't even know chthonic is even a word until now
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#313 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:16 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I didn't even know chthonic is even a word until now

You caught him! In addition to partaking in the sweet science, cbr is known to sometimes break a mental sweat as well.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#314 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:16 am

Also, Conor is trash. There's enough smoke to that fire at this point. By far.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,071
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#315 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:50 am

I can forgive a lot of things in the wild life of a fighter, but sexual assault isn't one. I'll reserve judgment, but if that's true, **** him.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#316 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:13 pm

So who f'd up their career worse, Jon Jones or Conor McGregor?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,071
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#317 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Jon has lost a lot more money and opportunities than Conor I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#318 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Yeah definitely Jones. He isn't making Conor money and I don't think he does anything outside of the octagon that comes near to what Conor's making either. He lost a ton of money not fighting and building that brand. If Conor really does retire, he should have more money to spend for a life time. Jones would probably be comfortable if he stopped fighting now but he's not private jet, Lambos and gold watches comfortable like Conor
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by Headliner » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 pm

I don’t blame Conor one bit. The UFC is being crazy greasy not giving him main event status and PPV points. Any fight he does is the biggest event of the year. Just respect that and let the man get what he deserves. You’re not giving him a title shot he hasn’t earned, just money he’s bringing into the company
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#320 » by Jasen777 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:02 am

Jones is still fighting and could still go down as the GOAT, and his time off might inable him to fight to a higher age, partially offsetting his losses.

But McGregor hasn't really **** anything up if he never fights again (if he's saved anything at all, which admittedly is debatable). Get in, get rich, get out. I doubt he's truly retired, but if he is he's done exactly what he wanted.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts