And1: 8,942

Game 71 : Detroit Pistons (36-33) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-53) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Re: Game 71 : Detroit Pistons (36-33) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-53) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:29 am

It's hard to watch these games with so many starters out. We have too many scrubs getting too many minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 71 : Detroit Pistons (36-33) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-53) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:34 am

^ I couldn't ask for anything more as long as it nets us a big time player from the draft...if the Cavs end up not in the top 4 it will possibly set them back another year and you'll have to watch this **** for another season. Of course they could make the wrong pick/a developmental guy with high upside like Reddish and we'll definitely be watching another bad product next season...hell they might do that anyway to retain the pick etc.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 am

well games won by Sexton I can live with... worse Cavs will be is 4th in the standings at this point could still grab the 2nd but most likely be 3rd.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Stillwater wrote:^ I couldn't ask for anything more as long as it nets us a big time player from the draft...if the Cavs end up not in the top 4 it will possibly set them back another year and you'll have to watch this **** for another season. Of course they could make the wrong pick/a developmental guy with high upside like Reddish and we'll definitely be watching another bad product next season...hell they might do that anyway to retain the pick etc.

In regards to Reddish, who would you compare him too. Looking at the scouting reports are saying about him, I've only watched a few Duke games, it sounds like he's a lot like Kelly Oubre, so it would be a solid starter/high end 6th man, that you don't feel a need to replace or be against bringing in someone to play ahead of him.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:^ I couldn't ask for anything more as long as it nets us a big time player from the draft...if the Cavs end up not in the top 4 it will possibly set them back another year and you'll have to watch this **** for another season. Of course they could make the wrong pick/a developmental guy with high upside like Reddish and we'll definitely be watching another bad product next season...hell they might do that anyway to retain the pick etc.

In regards to Reddish, who would you compare him too. Looking at the scouting reports are saying about him, I've only watched a few Duke games, it sounds like he's a lot like Kelly Oubre, so it would be a solid starter/high end 6th man, that you don't feel a need to replace or be against bringing in someone to play ahead of him.

Right now Reddish looks like a poor example of a Joe Johnson type ceiling prospect with a little better ball handling and lot less efficient shooting. a former pg in hs was expected to be able to create for others and himself and attack the basket 3 things he has not done well in college. he can catch and shoot and has the length to become a solid defender,but his lack of competitive nature/lack of motor is highly concerning and has been with him since he started getting scouted. His length and being at Duke has allowed him to remain a high value target in the eyes of people outside of basketball circles that only read the old big boards and mocks that do not indicate how poorly he has become projected as a pro. He could turn it around and be a Rudy Gay type, but the lack of desire that seems apparent in college and more significantly the regression as opposed to improvement of his game makes me very afraid of drafting him in the first round let alone the high lottery. If the Cavs draft this guy they better be prepared to tank again next year,to find his replacement. That being said I think he gets drafted in the 10-14 range at the lowest due to lack of high ceiling prospects in this draft probably and maybe somebody with a poor scouting dept. takes him higher...banking on their developmental skills etc. I would not.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#7 » by gflem » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:36 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Right now Reddish looks like a poor example of a Joe Johnson type ceiling prospect with a little better ball handling and lot less efficient shooting. a former pg in hs was expected to be able to create for others and himself and attack the basket 3 things he has not done well in college. he can catch and shoot and has the length to become a solid defender,but his lack of competitive nature/lack of motor is highly concerning and has been with him since he started getting scouted. His length and being at Duke has allowed him to remain a high value target in the eyes of people outside of basketball circles that only read the old big boards and mocks that do not indicate how poorly he has become projected as a pro. He could turn it around and be a Rudy Gay type, but the lack of desire that seems apparent in college and more significantly the regression as opposed to improvement of his game makes me very afraid of drafting him in the first round let alone the high lottery. If the Cavs draft this guy they better be prepared to tank again next year,to find his replacement. That being said I think he gets drafted in the 10-14 range at the lowest due to lack of high ceiling prospects in this draft probably and maybe somebody with a poor scouting dept. takes him higher...banking on their developmental skills etc. I would not.

I think some are being a bit unfair with Reddish, but I do get the critizism. You are talking about a young guy, who is playing with two guys that are probably better than him at this point and he can see that. If he were the man on a lesser team do you think it be to his benefit? Like Ja, if he were at a lesser school and was the guy getting most of the shots I wonder how he would fare?
I think he may be hurt by being the third wheel at Duke, where if he were at Louisville, Cincinnati, or some other top 30 program being the man putting up big numbers he would be getting a bit more run.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:03 am

gflem wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

I think some are being a bit unfair with Reddish, but I do get the critizism. You are talking about a young guy, who is playing with two guys that are probably better than him at this point and he can see that. If he were the man on a lesser team do you think it be to his benefit? Like Ja, if he were at a lesser school and was the guy getting most of the shots I wonder how he would fare?
I think he may be hurt by being the third wheel at Duke, where if he were at Louisville, Cincinnati, or some other top 30 program being the man putting up big numbers he would be getting a bit more run.

Doubtful, those 2 make it easier on him and he still comes up empty. I understand the logic but I don't think he could handle nor would he get first option duty on a lesser team. He's had plenty of opportunities and for the most part has not looked at all like the 5 star recruit he was supposed to look like. He has time,but with the lack of apparent interest in maximizing his role he comes off looking weak minded

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers