Odell Beckham Jr. Traded to Browns!!!

Moderator: bwgood77

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,188

Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Traded to Browns!!! 

Post#21 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Really happy for my dude Baker, he's gonna tear **** up. All aboard the Browns bandwagon chewww chewww. :D
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,901

Post#22 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:Damn. The giants are taking the Knicks blueprint and trading their best player to fully rebuild

Their best player (by far) is on the RB.

On the football-side, the Giants did everything right only one year late ($16M in dead money is awful). OBJ´s selling jerseys and is tailor made for the big market but he isn´t the same since his cruel injury.

Aquiring solid assets (Peppers will up his game as well IMO) to get defensive weapons is the right way.

HMFFL wrote:The Giants must make good of the draft picks or else this will forever be a bad trade.
Rebuilding makes sense toove a talent like OBJ but it's also a setback.
Is Haskins the guy they draft? Probably so, but he better be damn good, and the picks acquired from Cleveland.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

I really doubt the Giants will use their 6th pick for Haskins. They have the biggest needs on the defensive end, and with a draft full of very good pass rushers (Montez Sweat ) and defensive backs, but no QB-talent they should wait for 2020 or look to trade for someone... Btw: What costs Russell Wilson? #17 and a 4th rd pick solid?

nymets1 wrote:Maybe the Jets can challenge the Patriots now with Bell.

Bell will see rather sooner than later that the Steelers oline was top notch...
Haskins just seems to be their guy and I'm not saying that because most mocks have him.going there.
Even on social media he's linked to the Giants and hinting around about it. Regardless, he knows he won't be left on the board if he's still there with the Giants pick.

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:32 pm

grindtime22 wrote:People say tanking in the NFL can't work.

How do they think this has happened? I see John Dorsey being called a genius in places. The Baker selection was fantastic and a great pick. Other than that, the talent accrued on this team is due to great asset management before his arrival. A ton of draft capital over the years has allowed them to make this kind of trade. Yes, you need good talent evaluaters, but having a war chest of picks and young players and plenty of cap space leads to good things.
I mean the Browns had a war chest of young players and picks almost every year since 1999. If Dorsey gets the Browns into the post season in two short years, he deserves GM of the year IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:22 pm

Ending up with a 1st, 2nd, Peppers and Golden Tate instead of Beckham seems great for the Giants to me
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#25 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 am

Dr Positivity wrote:Ending up with a 1st, 2nd, Peppers and Golden Tate instead of Beckham seems great for the Giants to me
That's how I feel.
I like it even more for the Giants now.

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#26 » by Mich3006 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:29 am

HMFFL wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:Ending up with a 1st, 2nd, Peppers and Golden Tate instead of Beckham seems great for the Giants to me
That's how I feel.

The Giants will go for 4-12 next year but OBJ won´t make them a winning franchise.

Let´s give Manning a farewell season and go for a QB in 2020 (please don´t draft Haskins, he isn´t the answer IMO).
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#27 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:51 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
That's how I feel.

The Giants will go for 4-12 next year but OBJ won´t make them a winning franchise.

Let´s give Manning a farewell season and go for a QB in 2020 (please don´t draft Haskins, he isn´t the answer IMO).
I respect the Giants not cutting Eli Manning. This season should be it for him, unless he decided on his terms to be the backup, or if a team offers him a contract he can't refuse.

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#28 » by El Turco » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:04 pm

Ayatollah wrote: Btw: What costs Russell Wilson? #17 and a 4th rd pick solid?

wtf you thought antonio brown was worth 2nd overall pick but wilson is going for mid first and a 4th? lol

i can understand giants trading odell but timing is just horrible, definitely should have gotten more than mid first and spare parts.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mind_Odyssey
Analyst
And1: 4,957

Post#29 » by Mind_Odyssey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Ayatollah wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:Damn. The giants are taking the Knicks blueprint and trading their best player to fully rebuild

Their best player (by far) is on the RB.

On the football-side, the Giants did everything right only one year late ($16M in dead money is awful). OBJ´s selling jerseys and is tailor made for the big market but he isn´t the same since his cruel injury.

Aquiring solid assets (Peppers will up his game as well IMO) to get defensive weapons is the right way.

HMFFL wrote:The Giants must make good of the draft picks or else this will forever be a bad trade.
Rebuilding makes sense toove a talent like OBJ but it's also a setback.
Is Haskins the guy they draft? Probably so, but he better be damn good, and the picks acquired from Cleveland.

I really doubt the Giants will use their 6th pick for Haskins. They have the biggest needs on the defensive end, and with a draft full of very good pass rushers (Montez Sweat :P ) and defensive backs, but no QB-talent they should wait for 2020 or look to trade for someone... Btw: What costs Russell Wilson? #17 and a 4th rd pick solid?

nymets1 wrote:Maybe the Jets can challenge the Patriots now with Bell.

Bell will see rather sooner than later that the Steelers oline was top notch...

As a Browns fan, I don’t know how to describe Peppers to you. Watch his game against Denver, that’s his ceiling. Outside of that game he’s plays like a JAG most of his career.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#30 » by Pharmcat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:51 am

they also have 16 million dead money on their cap because of this trade they cant use. have to factor that in
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#31 » by Pharmcat » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:04 am

HMFFL wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
HMFFL wrote:That's how I feel.

I respect the Giants not cutting Eli Manning. This season should be it for him, unless he decided on his terms to be the backup, or if a team offers him a contract he can't refuse.

eli has been horrible for years, check that QBR last 3 years...the only reason is if he is still their starting QB getting paid that money is because of his last name. No other QB (esp a black one, not trolling just real talk), would get the leash he has gotten. It is absurd.

Return to The General NFL Board