Mfiondu Kabengele

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#121 » by doordoor123 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:32 pm

I feel like every time I watch him he gets more explosive and athletic. It reminds me a lot of when I first saw Pascal Siakam at New Mexico State. Actually, like a lot. They were the same age, both started picking up by the end of the season. Siakam was able to shoot some threes and was known mostly as a shot blocker. And like Siakam, Kabengele is being mocked as a later first round around this time. Just interesting that they have such similarities.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#122 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 pm

doordoor123 wrote:I feel like every time I watch him he gets more explosive and athletic. It reminds me a lot of when I first saw Pascal Siakam at New Mexico State. Actually, like a lot. They were the same age, both started picking up by the end of the season. Siakam was able to shoot some threes and was known mostly as a shot blocker. And like Siakam, Kabengele is being mocked as a later first round around this time. Just interesting that they have such similarities.

I think he’s one hot shooting workout from going lottery.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:I feel like every time I watch him he gets more explosive and athletic. It reminds me a lot of when I first saw Pascal Siakam at New Mexico State. Actually, like a lot. They were the same age, both started picking up by the end of the season. Siakam was able to shoot some threes and was known mostly as a shot blocker. And like Siakam, Kabengele is being mocked as a later first round around this time. Just interesting that they have such similarities.

I think he’s one hot shooting workout from going lottery.

Well I think he’s showing right now he has more potential than both Clarke and Hachimura. That turnaround he just shot in the corner was really good. If he can make those kind of shots consistently it’s dangerous.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#124 » by Kalela » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:07 am

He has had trouble scoring on Tillie tonight. Tillie is a much better defender than I had anticipated.
Fire Mazzulla
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#125 » by clyde21 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 am

Kalela wrote:He has had trouble scoring on Tillie tonight. Tillie is a much better defender than I had anticipated.

Tillie is a top 20 guy.

btw, Kab just had a MONSTER block on Clarke...
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Post#126 » by EvanZ » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:40 am

Kalela wrote:He has had trouble scoring on Tillie tonight. Tillie is a much better defender than I had anticipated.

Tillie is a real talent.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#127 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:21 am

Kabengele definitely is still a bit raw defensively from a bb iq standpoint, he needs to stop committing dumb fouls as it significantly contributed to FLST loss in this game with Koumaji having the same problem.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:25 am

EvanZ wrote:

Tillie is a real talent.

Tillie just hasn’t been himself shooting this year, but it’s expected. I hope he stays another year and proves he’s a lottery type talent. He should get more touches with Hachimura and Clarke gone.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#129 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:01 am

Kabengele will do better in the pros where he'll have space to work with and guards who can get him the ball in better situations to score. Gonzaga packed the paint on defense.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#130 » by Crives » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:05 pm

I hope suns get this guy at 32 if we don’t get Clarke in the 1st
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#131 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

Crives wrote:I hope suns get this guy at 32 if we don’t get Clarke in the 1st
Kabangele has solidified himself as a late lottery to early 20's prospect imo. No way you get him at 32 unless we find out he's 26
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#132 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Tillie is a real talent.

Tillie just hasn’t been himself shooting this year, but it’s expected. I hope he stays another year and proves he’s a lottery type talent. He should get more touches with Hachimura and Clarke gone.

I was surprised Gonzaga wasn't looking for Tillie at all to shoot 3's. He's a weapon there, and it would help space their offense. I wonder if they make that adjustment next game.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#133 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Tillie is a real talent.

I was surprised Gonzaga wasn't looking for Tillie at all to shoot 3's. He's a weapon there, and it would help space their offense. I wonder if they make that adjustment next game.

He can hit 'em but he really isn't nor has he ever been a high usage outside option.
His defense is what always stands out to me.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by doordoor123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:02 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
doordoor123 wrote:

He can hit 'em but he really isn't nor has he ever been a high usage outside option.

His 8 to 16 footer is really good, but Hachimura has taken up the role of the guy that takes those shots.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#135 » by Ruzious » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:32 pm

doordoor123 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I was surprised Gonzaga wasn't looking for Tillie at all to shoot 3's. He's a weapon there, and it would help space their offense. I wonder if they make that adjustment next game.

His 8 to 16 footer is really good, but Hachimura has taken up the role of the guy that takes those shots.

Tillie was killing it from 3 at the end of last season. He made 22 of 26 in a 7 game stretch toward the end of last season. Rui's never been a 3 point shooter.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#136 » by Crives » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Crives wrote:I hope suns get this guy at 32 if we don’t get Clarke in the 1st
Kabangele has solidified himself as a late lottery to early 20's prospect imo. No way you get him at 32 unless we find out he's 26

If that’s the case maybe we can use our Milwaukee 1st to move up
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#137 » by No-Man » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Tillie is a guy that should be drafted late lotto if he clears medicals, he is one of the best shooters in the draft, 6-10, quick as ****, plays team ball, and is a really damn good athlete

The injuries are the only issue
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#138 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Fischella wrote:Tillie is a guy that should be drafted late lotto if he clears medicals, he is one of the best shooters in the draft, 6-10, quick as ****, plays team ball, and is a really damn good athlete

The injuries are the only issue

Realistically, Tillie will go in the 2nd round unless he amazes people in workouts. He's a value pick though. This draft is shaping up to have nice depth.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#139 » by GimmeDat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 pm

I think there's still a high variance in where Kab will actually drop. There's a lot of bigs in this draft and if teams prefer the other mid-late 1st guys over him there's a small possibility he drops to early 2nd. Unlikely though.

As for Tillie, I agree, he's a stud, and for all that's said about his 'down shooting year' after the season being interrupted for him, he's still shooting on a 61.1 TS%. I just feel like he hasn't had that momentum behind him and he's going to fall lower than he deserves. That's why I have him very start of my 2nd round on my board, though he's easily a 1st round talent.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#140 » by No-Man » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:07 am

So you are building your board in relation to where he is going? WTF?

Tillie is easily a lotto talent and he is a junior, like he not building momentum in year 3 should have very little impact on a ranking, if you want to fualt him for the injury record that's another story

Return to NBA Draft