Devin Booker - The Kaiser of Empty Stats

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

JDJ26
Junior
And1: 483

Re: Devin Booker - The Kaiser of Empty Stats 

Post#121 » by JDJ26 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:27 am

bondom34 wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:https://fansided.com/2019/03/29/nylon-calculus-historical-precedent-devin-booker/

Just read this earlier and thought it was a good insight with solid logic. Mostly feels how I do:

He's not a superstar, but still might be really good.

So in theory would that make Ayton the potential first option down the line?

I don't think they have that first option on the roster right now.

Fair point. Too bad no star free agents will currently come to the Suns.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#122 » by Damkac » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:https://fansided.com/2019/03/29/nylon-calculus-historical-precedent-devin-booker/

Just read this earlier and thought it was a good insight with solid logic. Mostly feels how I do:

He's not a superstar, but still might be really good.

I don't see why Booker and Ayton wouldn't become one of the top scoring duos in the NBA in few years. They need defense, passing and shooting, not another star scorer.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#123 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Damkac wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
JDJ26 wrote:

I don't see why Booker and Ayton wouldn't become one of the top scoring duos in the NBA in few years. They need defense, passing and shooting, not another star scorer.

That's possible, but I don't think either is good enough to be the best player on a really great team.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#124 » by Young_Star11 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 pm

The team has been bad in recent years. Drafted a lot of busts. I'd still be hopeful Booker drops this unwanted tag.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#125 » by Crives » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:12 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Damkac wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I don't think they have that first option on the roster right now.

That's possible, but I don't think either is good enough to be the best player on a really great team.

How many centers have had a better rookie season in the last 20 years? I think Aytons ppg/rpg/fg% are setting historic records for a rookie.

Booker also owns a ton of records, recently he became the youngest player to score 50 back to back at 22.

Based on their age and potential, Book/Ayton can definitely become one of the best offensive tandems in the league one day.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by bondom34 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Crives wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Damkac wrote:I don't see why Booker and Ayton wouldn't become one of the top scoring duos in the NBA in few years. They need defense, passing and shooting, not another star scorer.

How many centers have had a better rookie season in the last 20 years? I think Aytons ppg/rpg/fg% are setting historic records for a rookie.

Booker also owns a ton of records, recently he became the youngest player to score 50 back to back at 22.

Based on their age and potential, Book/Ayton can definitely become one of the best offensive tandems in the league one day.

If defense counts plenty. Id still rather JJJ over him and maybe Bagley. I don't remember the last contender built around two defenders that poor
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Crives
General Manager

Post#127 » by Crives » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 am

bondom34 wrote:
Crives wrote:
bondom34 wrote:That's possible, but I don't think either is good enough to be the best player on a really great team.

If defense counts plenty. Id still rather JJJ over him and maybe Bagley. I don't remember the last contender built around two defenders that poor

Did you watch Ayton guard Giannis and Lebron a few weeks ago?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by bondom34 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:05 am

Crives wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Crives wrote:

Did you watch Ayton guard Giannis and Lebron a few weeks ago?

I've seen Harden have good defensive games too. There's a reason the Suns are so poor defensively and Ayton's a big part of it.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#129 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 am

24 in the 1st Q.

Suns up 15.
Crives
General Manager

Post#130 » by Crives » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:24 in the 1st Q.

Suns up 15.

Three peat!
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,649

Post#131 » by benhillboy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:32 am

I can understand people not liking Booker’s game. I love watching his Kobe-like offensive repertoire but I just can’t accept his defensive metrics and assist:turnover. He should have a much more involved floor and intangible game at his size. A .52 WS/48 with his talent level is immune to excuses.

I haven’t read the first 5 pages of this thread but I’m sure his teammates and Suns’ current state have been discussed thoroughly. I wonder could he fit in as seamlessly as Tobias Harris has with Philly.
JDJ26
Junior
And1: 483

Post#132 » by JDJ26 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:35 am

benhillboy wrote:I can understand people not liking Booker’s game. I love watching his Kobe-like offensive repertoire but I just can’t accept his defensive metrics and assist:turnover. He should have a much more involved floor and intangible game at his size.

I haven’t read the first 5 pages of this thread but I’m sure his teammates and Suns’ current state have been discussed thoroughly. I wonder could he fit in as seamlessly as Tobias Harris has with Philly.

Booker tried to get his teammates involved tonight and they couldn't hit shots.
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#133 » by Dacost » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 am

Booker reminds of early Harden....He ball hawks the ball a little to much He needs to play make and pass alot more.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#134 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:14 am

Dacost wrote:Booker reminds of early Harden....He ball hawks the ball a little to much He needs to play make and pass alot more.

I mean, this on a night when he goes for 48 and still dishes out 11 assists to a team full of guys who won't be in the league in 3 years.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#135 » by Bankai » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:20 am

The King of Empty Stats is still Kevin Love, he has been stat padding and losing for much longer. Once the Cavaliers realized that Love was now their "best player" they threw in the towel early on, let him sit, and started to Tank. Booker is still being the focal point of the Suns, that means they want him as their guy moving forward. Love however is already being thrown to the side in favour of developing Sexton. They dont believe in Love. Bosh was carrying teams before and after LeBron. Love cant do the same. He just wants to Stat Pad, doesent care whats going on or whats needed from his team on the Court, and plays with blinders on. His teammates have also confirmed this. Booker is only 22 and still has a future, all he needs is stability and to continue to develop.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#136 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:21 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
Dacost wrote:Booker reminds of early Harden....He ball hawks the ball a little to much He needs to play make and pass alot more.

I mean, this on a night when he goes for 48 and still dishes out 11 assists to a team full of guys who won't be in the league in 3 years.

Glad to see a non-Suns fan thinking logically and committing to it throughout this thread. The Suns played Jamal Crawford I think for the entire second half and almost all of the 2nd quarter. Then Ayton went out with an ankle injury. The game changed at that point. Take Ayton out, and their backup center was out with a migraine. Booker had even less help tonight than he did the previous 2 games and he still somehow got 48 and 11 on great efficiency. It's a team game and Booker is doing all he can as an individual to try and help the Suns, however, you can't win in this league with the talent level Phoenix has had to play with around him most of the season.
Crives
General Manager

Post#137 » by Crives » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:22 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:

Do you think our rookie 2nd rd pick pt guard would have done a better job?

Suns were playing much better a couple weeks ago when Tyler Johnson was able to share ball handling duties. (He is injures now)
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#138 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:23 am

Bankai wrote:The King of Empty Stats is still Kevin Love, he has been stat padding and losing for much longer. Once the Cavaliers realized that Love was now their "best player" they threw in the towel early on, let him sit, and started to Tank. Booker is still being the focal point of the Suns, that means they want him as their guy moving forward. Love however is already being thrown to the side in favour of developing Sexton. They dont believe in Love. Bosh was carrying teams before and after LeBron. Love cant do the same. He just wants to Stat Pad, and doesent care whats going on or whats needed from his team on the Court. His teammates have also confirmed this. Booker is only 22 and still has a future, all he needs is stability and to continue to develop.

And another NBA-level vet or two. And not 4 rookies playing heavy minutes and a 39 year old Jamal Crawford playing 3 quarters straight.
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#139 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 am

Crives wrote:
Winsome Gerbil wrote:

Suns were playing much better a couple weeks ago when Tyler Johnson was able to share ball handling duties. (He is injures now)

I don't know why you are calling out Winsome Gerbil. He was defending Booker here. And has been defending him throughout this thread.
Crives
General Manager

Post#140 » by Crives » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:28 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
Crives wrote:
Winsome Gerbil wrote:

I don't know why you are calling out Winsome Gerbil. He was defending Booker here. And has been defending him throughout this thread.

This was directed to Dacost

Return to The General Board