Post#2 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:28 am

full tank in effect...love it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Game 78: Cleveland Cavaliers (19-58) @ Phoenix Suns (17-60) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Revenged25 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 1:09 pm

Watching this team play more and more has me realize that we need to get some kind of offense installed next season. It's almost all just pass the ball between two people at the top of the key until one of them decides to attack the basket through traffic or take a slightly open 3 off a minimal pick.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:53 pm

Revenged25 wrote:Watching this team play more and more has me realize that we need to get some kind of offense installed next season. It's almost all just pass the ball between two people at the top of the key until one of them decides to attack the basket through traffic or take a slightly open 3 off a minimal pick.

Unless they fall out of the top 4 they will get an exceptional upside offensive player. But even with that fact, if who they take is a long term project then it will be clear the goal is to tank again to retain the pick again in 2020 and they might even be worse defensively if they part with Nwaba & or Thompson this summer and could theoretically have a better offense but still have a bad record...sort of like ATL this season
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by Revenged25 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:22 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:Watching this team play more and more has me realize that we need to get some kind of offense installed next season. It's almost all just pass the ball between two people at the top of the key until one of them decides to attack the basket through traffic or take a slightly open 3 off a minimal pick.

Unless they fall out of the top 4 they will get an exceptional upside offensive player. But even with that fact, if who they take is a long term project then it will be clear the goal is to tank again to retain the pick again in 2020 and they might even be worse defensively if they part with Nwaba & or Thompson this summer and could theoretically have a better offense but still have a bad record...sort of like ATL this season

Well Zion, although he has good passing ability/vision for a player of his size, is more of the same of how this team runs right now. Like I was so sick of watching the lack of ball movement on offense that I turned the game off half-way through the second. Like at the point that I turned the game off the only shots Sexton had taken were those where once the ball came to him he kept it and decided to try and make a play otherwise Knight, Clarkson, or Nwaba would just drive in themselves.

I think that's where Love shows his true worth to this team. We move the ball a lot more when he's on the court as they'll hit him in the post and then he'll toss it back out if they try to collapse or make a move 1-on-1 if they don't. Without him we make 0 attempts to move the ball inside and just toss it around between 2 people at the 3pt line for them to take a contested 3 or drive into traffic.

Although Barrett's 3 has been off in college, if we plan on playing that type of basketball at least he is going to be more capable of making those types of plays.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 2, 2019 6:45 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

Well Zion, although he has good passing ability/vision for a player of his size, is more of the same of how this team runs right now. Like I was so sick of watching the lack of ball movement on offense that I turned the game off half-way through the second. Like at the point that I turned the game off the only shots Sexton had taken were those where once the ball came to him he kept it and decided to try and make a play otherwise Knight, Clarkson, or Nwaba would just drive in themselves.

I think that's where Love shows his true worth to this team. We move the ball a lot more when he's on the court as they'll hit him in the post and then he'll toss it back out if they try to collapse or make a move 1-on-1 if they don't. Without him we make 0 attempts to move the ball inside and just toss it around between 2 people at the 3pt line for them to take a contested 3 or drive into traffic.

Although Barrett's 3 has been off in college, if we plan on playing that type of basketball at least he is going to be more capable of making those types of plays.

I think you are undervaluing Zions ability to get to the basket and despite that not working for the current roster , it would work for him on this roster better than it would for Barrett. Not to mention Zion is a high level defender where as RJ rarely ever plays defense at all. We will see, but when it comes down to it, either one has a lot of upside the Cavs can work with and adjust to to make the team better. Remember this is the beginning not some completed rebuild,and whatever is happening now won't be anything like it looks when the rebuild is over.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers