ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic RealGM A League Discussion - 2019-2020 Season

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Re: Official Magic RealGM A League Discussion - 2018-2019 Season 

Post#221 » by dsg2021 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 am

Edrock wrote:Things I learned in Week 2:
  • There are IR spots (Thanks dsg!)
  • Roster changes can be made the day of, and are effective immediately. (Learned this in my other league. Moved a guy to my bench at 9:29 who had a 9:30 game to protect my TO lead)

Yeah, I was so close to taking out my two LAC PG’s to keep that FG advantage over you, but I just stayed the course to see if I could catch up in STL’s too. Because you had Otto Porter’s game up next against my LAC PG’s, but LAC smashing WAS improbably led me to keeping the FG cat.

With my 0-2 start tho, the only thing comforting me right now is that I lost my first 4 matchups in a row last season, but still won in the end.
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#222 » by dsg2021 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:34 pm

Well folks, it's in the books!

Our Magic RealGM Fantasy League has finished it's 2018-2019 season!
And it was quite an interesting one at that! Thank you to everyone who participated in the lengthy forum draft and in the year-long fantasy season.

Bragging rights incoming with the final standings below.. 8-)
And as usual, your final standing will become your new draft position for next season as well! Early scouting? :D

Recap:
This season, our league saw a whopping 10 out of 12 GM's make 19 or more transactional moves! Of course, these were mostly free agent acquisitions and waiver wire pick-ups (as usual), but it was an increase from last season! Five GM's also went above and beyond with 30+ transactional moves this season as well.
The most notable free agent acquisition was Fendilim landing Marvin Bagley in a winning waiver bid among 4 teams involved!

For some of us, a lot of the fun and the intrigue is on one single event though, the draft. This is where all of our hopes and dreams and analysis lie on.. the chance to take the players who we predict will have a big season and help make a strong playoffs team. Who is the savviest GM? On draft day, quite a few trades were made which was really awesome to see. Picks that were traded ended up being players like Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Rudy Gobert, Kemba Walker, and numerous other stars.

The most notable draft-day trades were U.R.Average trading for De'Aaron Fox near the 100th pick of the draft, a player who gave back like top 50 value.. :o
.. and Magicfan4life landing Rudy Gobert in a draft day trade for the #22 pick, a player who gave back like top 15 value!

Three in-season trades were made too! These involved 5 of the 12 GM's in the league and included players like Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton, DeMarcus Cousins, Steven Adams, and Brandon Ingram being traded for!

Our league saw unprecedented parity this season as well. Not one single team was able to finish with a win percentage above 60%! And about 10 of the 12 teams were holding either a 40's-something win % or a 50's-something win % for most of the season.

Perhaps that means every GM was too competitive and savvy to let themselves fall in the standings! In fact, towards the end of the season, six teams were intensely fighting for the final four playoffs spots and higher standing finishes.. eerily similar to our Orlando Magic in real life.. :lol:

In the Playoffs;
There were eight teams standing in the beginning, and numerous close victories throughout.

In the first round, there were no lower seed upsets except for me (#7 seed) scratching into round 2.

In the second round, Magicfan4life and HoraceGrant finished at an unbelievable 4-4 TIE! First, their Turnovers ended up tied at exactly 91-91.. then their FG% was ALSO TIED at .481 FG%! This meant digging deep into the fourth decimal point number for the winner. :o The 4-4 result was then ultimately broken by the tiebreaker rule invoked, which was the head-to-head record between the two in the regular season. Finally, the victor standing was Magicfan4life!

In the championship, it was me versus Magicfan4life. And I won just barely, grabbing back-to-back titles!
Last year, it was also me versus Magicfan4life too. :o
How close is the rivalry?.. I won the championship this year with tiny differences of 9 assists, 4 blocks, and 2 turnovers.. :o

Finally, what was the best thing about our season this year? Well, for me, I would have to say the fact that the champion came from the lowly #7 seed, which is exactly where our Orlando Magic will finish this year.. As a #7 seed that's gonna go far into the playoffs.. :onfire:

Your Final Standings (Post-Playoffs):
*1. EA7 Milan
*2. magicfan4life05
*3. Horace Grant
*4. BAMBA5
*5. Not Ur Average
*6. Your Mom!
*7. TBbucmagicORL
*8. Brian R's Boss Team
9. Blue_and_whte
10. Conquistador
11. Hoopslife
12. BadMofoPimp's Team

Anddd..
League History dating back 15 years.. :o :D

Spoiler:
2018-2019
1st EA7 Milan
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Horace Grant
--
2017-2018
1st EA7 Milano
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Your Mom!
--
2016-2017
1st Sons of Disaster
2nd conquistador
3rd magicfan4life05
--
2015-2016
1st Your Mom!
2nd Skin
3rd Team MitchellUK
--
2014-2015
1st Skin
2nd Team MitchellUK
3rd Sons of Disaster
--
1st Horace Grant
2nd Skin
3rd Your Mom!
--
1st Team Prolific
2nd Patrick Chewing
3rd Ulceration
--
1st Prolific Scorer
2nd Your Mom!
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st Your Mom!
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Wayland The Smith
2nd Melo'd Out
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st cedric76
2nd Istanbul Run N Gun
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd timgator
3rd cedric76
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd The Sons of Disaster
3rd CedricMagic
--
1st BengalTigers
2nd cedric76
3rd discombobulated
--
1st L.E.G.E.N.D.S.
2nd Your Team
3rd Hounds
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#223 » by fendilim » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:35 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Well folks, it's in the books!

And it was quite an interesting one at that! Thank you to everyone who participated in the lengthy forum draft and in the year-long fantasy season.

And as usual, your final standing will become your new draft position for next season as well! Early scouting? :D

Recap:
This season, our league saw a whopping 10 out of 12 GM's make 19 or more transactional moves! Of course, these were mostly free agent acquisitions and waiver wire pick-ups (as usual), but it was an increase from last season! Five GM's also went above and beyond with 30+ transactional moves this season as well.
The most notable free agent acquisition was Fendilim landing Marvin Bagley in a winning waiver bid among 4 teams involved!

For some of us, a lot of the fun and the intrigue is on one single event though, the draft. This is where all of our hopes and dreams and analysis lie on.. the chance to take the players who we predict will have a big season and help make a strong playoffs team. Who is the savviest GM? On draft day, quite a few trades were made which was really awesome to see. Picks that were traded ended up being players like Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Rudy Gobert, Kemba Walker, and numerous other stars.

The most notable draft-day trades were U.R.Average trading for De'Aaron Fox near the 100th pick of the draft, a player who gave back like top 50 value.. :o
.. and Magicfan4life landing Rudy Gobert in a draft day trade for the #22 pick, a player who gave back like top 15 value!

Three in-season trades were made too! These involved 5 of the 12 GM's in the league and included players like Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Khris Middleton, DeMarcus Cousins, Steven Adams, and Brandon Ingram being traded for!

Our league saw unprecedented parity this season as well. Not one single team was able to finish with a win percentage above 60%! And about 10 of the 12 teams were holding either a 40's-something win % or a 50's-something win % for most of the season.

Perhaps that means every GM was too competitive and savvy to let themselves fall in the standings! In fact, towards the end of the season, six teams were intensely fighting for the final four playoffs spots and higher standing finishes.. eerily similar to our Orlando Magic in real life.. :lol:

In the Playoffs;
There were eight teams standing in the beginning, and numerous close victories throughout.

In the first round, there were no lower seed upsets except for me (#7 seed) scratching into round 2.

In the second round, Magicfan4life and HoraceGrant finished at an unbelievable 4-4 TIE! First, their Turnovers ended up tied at exactly 91-91.. then their FG% was ALSO TIED at .481 FG%! This meant digging deep into the fourth decimal point number for the winner. :o The 4-4 result was then ultimately broken by the tiebreaker rule invoked, which was the head-to-head record between the two in the regular season. Finally, the victor standing was Magicfan4life!

In the championship, it was me versus Magicfan4life. And I won just barely, grabbing back-to-back titles!
How close is the rivalry?.. I won the championship this year with tiny differences of 9 assists, 4 blocks, and 2 turnovers.. :o

Finally, what was the best thing about our season this year? Well, for me, I would have to say the fact that the champion came from the lowly #7 seed, which is exactly where our Orlando Magic will finish this year.. As a #7 seed that's gonna go far into the playoffs.. :onfire:

*1. EA7 Milan
*2. magicfan4life05
*3. Horace Grant
*4. BAMBA5
*5. Not Ur Average
*6. Your Mom!
*7. TBbucmagicORL
*8. Brian R's Boss Team
9. Blue_and_whte
10. Conquistador
11. Hoopslife
12. BadMofoPimp's Team

Anddd..

Spoiler:
2018-2019
1st EA7 Milan
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Horace Grant
--
2017-2018
1st EA7 Milano
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Your Mom!
--
2016-2017
1st Sons of Disaster
2nd conquistador
3rd magicfan4life05
--
2015-2016
1st Your Mom!
2nd Skin
3rd Team MitchellUK
--
2014-2015
1st Skin
2nd Team MitchellUK
3rd Sons of Disaster
--
1st Horace Grant
2nd Skin
3rd Your Mom!
--
1st Team Prolific
2nd Patrick Chewing
3rd Ulceration
--
1st Prolific Scorer
2nd Your Mom!
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st Your Mom!
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Wayland The Smith
2nd Melo'd Out
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st cedric76
2nd Istanbul Run N Gun
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd timgator
3rd cedric76
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd The Sons of Disaster
3rd CedricMagic
--
1st BengalTigers
2nd cedric76
3rd discombobulated
--
1st L.E.G.E.N.D.S.
2nd Your Team
3rd Hounds

Great stuff man!

Much appreciated for hosting the league and keeping the tradition alive. Obviously all the losing has taken a toll kn the fanbase, which we had more leagues here. But it is what it is.

Again, much appreciated. Thank you!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#224 » by Skin » Tue Apr 2, 2019 5:39 pm

Dang EA7 with the repeat! Impressive! Poor MF4L... been so close so many times!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#225 » by stick » Tue Apr 2, 2019 9:21 pm

I really didnt realize its been 15 years
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#226 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 10:30 pm

Skin wrote:Dang EA7 with the repeat! Impressive! Poor MF4L... been so close so many times!

haha yeah I feel cursed... I thought it may be my year after with luck barely sneaking by HoraceGrant but Dsg has my number!

dsg2021 wrote:In the championship, it was me versus Magicfan4life. And I won just barely, grabbing back-to-back titles!

I was so excited to make it to championship round again but when I realized it was a rematch I was like NOOO but congrats on winning back to back! also great yearly recap.

this is always a competitive league and credit to everyone
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#227 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Apr 3, 2019 1:49 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Well folks, it's in the books!

Recap:

In the Playoffs;

*1. EA7 Milan
*2. magicfan4life05
*3. Horace Grant
*4. BAMBA5
*5. Not Ur Average
*6. Your Mom!
*7. TBbucmagicORL
*8. Brian R's Boss Team
9. Blue_and_whte
10. Conquistador
11. Hoopslife
12. BadMofoPimp's Team

Anddd..

Spoiler:
2018-2019
1st EA7 Milan
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Horace Grant
--
2017-2018
1st EA7 Milano
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd Your Mom!
--
2016-2017
1st Sons of Disaster
2nd conquistador
3rd magicfan4life05
--
2015-2016
1st Your Mom!
2nd Skin
3rd Team MitchellUK
--
2014-2015
1st Skin
2nd Team MitchellUK
3rd Sons of Disaster
--
1st Horace Grant
2nd Skin
3rd Your Mom!
--
1st Team Prolific
2nd Patrick Chewing
3rd Ulceration
--
1st Prolific Scorer
2nd Your Mom!
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st Your Mom!
2nd magicfan4life05
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Wayland The Smith
2nd Melo'd Out
3rd magicfan4life05
--
1st cedric76
2nd Istanbul Run N Gun
3rd FFBlitzace
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd timgator
3rd cedric76
--
1st Istanbul Run N Gun
2nd The Sons of Disaster
3rd CedricMagic
--
1st BengalTigers
2nd cedric76
3rd discombobulated
--
1st L.E.G.E.N.D.S.
2nd Your Team
3rd Hounds

totally interested in this next year....
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#228 » by HoraceGrant » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:38 pm

Heck of a year! I was fairly happy with my 3rd place finish. That was a TOUGH beat in the semi's. If I had been paying better attention that last night, I may have been able to bench a bad shooter to sneak away with the win. Looking forward to next year!
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#229 » by dsg2021 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 2:47 pm

The league always feels super competitive to me too, haha

I also feel like it's every year that I'll go out and make a trade with U.R.Average, and it backfires on me every time. It made me very intrigued to do one last thing.. DRAFT DAY STEALS!

So who drafted players that ended up being major steals this year? Who gets to brag about having the most draft day steals, the best drafting performance? In many ways, this is much more interesting than winning in the playoffs!

U.R.Average
Traded with me to draft Paul George #24.. and PG13 returned a value as the #5 ranked player in the entire league!!!
Traded with me to draft Kyrie Irving #25.. and Irving returned a value as the #8 ranked player in the entire league!!!
Traded with me to draft De'Aaron Fox #96.. and Fox returned a top 65 value!!!
Drafted Danilo Gallinari #114.. and Gallo returned a top 30 value!!!
Drafted Derrick Favors #143.. for a top 85 value.

MF4L
Traded to draft Rudy Gobert #22.. and Gobert returned a value as the #16 ranked player in the league!!!
Traded to draft Rudy Gay #138.. and Gay returned a top 80 value!!

Edrock
Traded to draft Kemba Walker #23.. and Walker returned a value as the #17 ranked player in the league!!!
Traded to draft Al Horford #50.. and Horford returned a top 30 value!!!
Drafted Darren Collison #123.. and Collison returned a top 75 value!

B&W
Drafted Myles Turner #45.. and Myles returned a value as the #22 ranked player in the league!!!

Stick
Drafted T.J. Warren #92.. and Warren returned a top 40 value!!!
Drafted Larry Nance Jr. #116.. and Nance returned a top 65 value!
Drafted Jeremy Lamb #140.. and Lamb returned a top 60 value!!!
Drafted Al-Farouq Aminu #173.. and Aminu returned a top 105 value.

HoraceGrant
Drafted Clint Capela #30.. and Capela returned a value as the #23 ranked player in the league!
Drafted Jusuf Nurkic #67.. and Nurkic returned a top 40 value!!!
Drafted Nikola Mirotic #78.. and Mirotic returned a top 45 value!!!
Drafted Brook Lopez #91.. and Lopez returned a top 30 value!!!
Drafted Buddy Hield #115.. and Hield returned a top 35 value!!!

BMP
Drafted Tobias Harris #41.. and Tobias returned a value as the #24 ranked player in the league!!!
Drafted Mike Conley #56.. and Conley returned a value as the #25 ranked player in the league!!!
Drafted Zach LaVine #89.. and LaVine returned a top 55 value!
Drafted Danny Green #137.. and Green returned a top 90 value!

BAMBA5
Drafted Robert Covington #57.. and Covington returned a value as the #18 ranked player in the entire league!!!
Drafted Lauri Markkanen #105.. and Markkanen returned a top 40 value!!!
Drafted Dewayne Dedmon #160.. and Dedmon returned a top 50 value!!!
Drafted Serge Ibaka #112.. and Ibaka returned a top 60 value!
Drafted Thaddeus Young #136.. and Thad returned a top 75 value.
Drafted Kyle Anderson #129.. and Kyle returned a top 100 value.
Drafted Joe Harris #177.. and Harris returned a top 100 value.

TBbuc
Drafted Klay Thompson #39.. and Klay returned a top 25 value!!!
Drafted Nikola Vucevic #58.. and Vooch returned a value as the #13 ranked player in the entire league!!!!
Drafted De'Angelo Russell #82.. and De'Angelo returned a top 65 value!
Drafted DeMarcus Cousins #87.. and Boogie returned a top 35 value!!!
Drafted Julius Randle #106.. and Randle returned a top 80 value.
Drafted Marcus Smart #130.. Smart returned a top 80 value!
Drafted D.J. Augustin #154.. and D.J. returned a top 110 value!

Fendilim (*started draft at #107 pick)
Drafted Javale McGee #134.. and Javale returned a top 55 value!!!!
Drafted Kelly Oubre #155.. and Oubre returned a top 80 value!!!
Drafted Taj Gibson #158.. and Taj returned a top 115 value.
Drafted Fred VanVleet #172.. and VanVleet returned a top 120 value.
NickAnderson
Drafted Kawhi Leonard #14.. and Kawhi returned a value as the #5 ranked player in the entire league!!!

HoopsLife
Drafted Bradley Beal #37.. and Beal returned a value as the #14 ranked player in the entire league!!!
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 460

Post#230 » by uraverage » Wed Sep 4, 2019 12:49 am

Man I made a good run at the start. We doing this again?
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#231 » by dsg2021 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:54 am

uraverage wrote:Man I made a good run at the start. We doing this again?

Definitely see A League happening again between us and those who reached out interested for this year.

The only issue is that I will be busier with some Finance classes on top of work, so I can’t commish. I’ll be returning as a normal team manager though.

I was thinking of Skin or BAMBA5/SHAQ32 who could hopefully commish A League. They’ve always done really great jobs commishing in the past.
Edrock
Rookie
And1: 210

Post#232 » by Edrock » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:38 am

I'm in
stick
RealGM
And1: 68

Post#233 » by stick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 pm

im in, prob need to start soon
HoraceGrant
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#234 » by HoraceGrant » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Yeah, I'm in. Do probably need to get moving on it soon, draft usually takes a while.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#235 » by SHAQ32 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I'm in too. Trying to reclaim past glory (2011 & 12 champs aka BAMBA5 from last season)
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 460

Post#236 » by uraverage » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:30 am

So who is running this thing?
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by SHAQ32 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:30 am

Ok. I will checkin tomorrow and send out invites. Try to get this thing started.
dsg2021
Analyst

Post#238 » by dsg2021 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:42 pm

SHAQ32 wrote:Ok. I will checkin tomorrow and send out invites. Try to get this thing started.

I just copied/pasted from Skin's A League Discussion Thread and Draft Thread, making minor/none changes, and you can do the same from mine too!
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by SHAQ32 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:53 pm

First wave of emails sent out.

I didn't mess much with the league settings yet. Take a look at them to recommend changes.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant

Post#240 » by SHAQ32 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Also hoping we can get 16 active owners

If you are active and interested, PM or email me (email is on 1st page)

Return to Orlando Magic