Bucks Think About Keeping Giannis Antetokounmpo Beyond 2021 'Strategically Every Day'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bucks Think About Keeping Giannis Antetokounmpo Beyond 2021 'Strategically Every Day' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:11 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks have built one of the NBA's best teams this season around Giannis Antetokounmpo, but Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon and Brook Lopez will be free agents this offseason. Milwaukee also hasn't won a playoff series with Antetokounmpo.

Antetokounmpo will be a free agent in 2021 if he doesn't sign a supermax extension in 2020.

“We think about it strategically every day,” said Jon Horst.

Via Chris Ballard/Sports Illustrated

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Re: Bucks Think About Keeping Giannis Antetokounmpo Beyond 2021 'Strategically Every Day' 

Post#2 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:53 pm

Masai helped his parents migrate to Greece. He picked Greece for them because he loves baklava, I read it in a Canadian newspaper.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Re: Bucks Think About Keeping Giannis Antetokounmpo Beyond 2021 'Strategically Every Day' 

Post#3 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:33 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:Masai helped his parents migrate to Greece. He picked Greece for them because he loves baklava, I read it in a Canadian newspaper.

Giannis is never going to play for the craptors
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
pack15412
Senior
And1: 285

Post#4 » by pack15412 » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:13 pm

This is ground breaking stuff. Who would have imagined?
King Rube
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#5 » by King Rube » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:53 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:Masai helped his parents migrate to Greece. He picked Greece for them because he loves baklava, I read it in a Canadian newspaper.

Every Raptors fan thinks all the greats want to play in Toronto, the land of perpetual winter.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#6 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Apr 3, 2019 11:48 pm

King Rube wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:

Every Raptors fan thinks all the greats want to play in Toronto, the land of perpetual winter.

I don't see why they wouldn't TBH.
Toronto has a long list of things going for it as a team and as a city, and your typical American superstar playing there would probably spend half the days of the year on the road or in sunny California anyway.

So that's one thing. But coming up with fake laughable stories about 20 year old Masai helping people across borders is really entertaining and totally unnecessary IMO, and I'll keep making fun of it for years. Canadian media taking Raps fans for a ride and they're totally falling for it LOL
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#7 » by the13thjoker » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:08 am

Yeah not entirely true.

The Antetokounmpo family settled in Greece in 1991 after struggling to find employment and when they moved to Greece they were the only black family for blocks. If Masai, a fellow Nigerian was helping them out, I can't help but think they'd pick somewhere a little easier to settle into. Giannis didn't have Greek papers or Nigerian papers being born in Greece (which doesn't have automatic birthplace citizenship) Giannis Ioannidis the Greek Secretary of Sport helped them finally get Greek papers but its possible Masai helped him out in his role with Basketball without Borders in Africa but still, Giannis was in Greece not Africa.

What Masai did do was try to help speed up the Greece to US immigration for his parents after Giannis was drafted.
Giannis got his Nigerian passport in 2015 which is something Masai may have helped him to do as well but also Hakeem Olajuwon may have helped with since they are both from the same tribe in Nigeria.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,298

Post#8 » by Wooderson » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:47 am

the13thjoker wrote:

Yeah not entirely true.

The Antetokounmpo family settled in Greece in 1991 after struggling to find employment and when they moved to Greece they were the only black family for blocks. If Masai, a fellow Nigerian was helping them out, I can't help but think they'd pick somewhere a little easier to settle into. Giannis didn't have Greek papers or Nigerian papers being born in Greece (which doesn't have automatic birthplace citizenship) Giannis Ioannidis the Greek Secretary of Sport helped them finally get Greek papers but its possible Masai helped him out in his role with Basketball without Borders in Africa but still, Giannis was in Greece not Africa.

What Masai did do was try to help speed up the Greece to US immigration for his parents after Giannis was drafted.
Giannis got his Nigerian passport in 2015 which is something Masai may have helped him to do as well but also Hakeem Olajuwon may have helped with since they are both from the same tribe in Nigeria.

Do you have a source for the bold? In the documentary before the all-star game Giannis said his parents Visas were denied twice, and if it had happened a third time they'd never get one. He said he was considering leaving when it looked like it would never happen.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#9 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Apr 4, 2019 2:18 am

the13thjoker wrote:

Yeah not entirely true.

Yeah entirely false actually LOL
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#10 » by 720 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 3:10 am

Too bad he’s coming to Toronto.

Return to Wiretap Discussion