The Official Conor McGregor Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Re: The Official Conor McGregor Thread 

Post#321 » by GameBredAPBT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 pm

Thing is, outside the fluky aldo win, which bizarrely never got the obvious immediate rematce, macgregor is an above average fighter. Not really great at anything. Jones is probably the most skilled fighter to ever get in there, and he's proven it so many times. Macgregor is just some really really weird WWF stuff, I have NO idea why he got as famous as he did. Good fighter, not a good looking dude, cringey trash talker, etc. Definitely a big mystery.

Plus, this recent allegation against him is as heinous & brutal as it gets. Jones never was involved in anything like this. If true, it's right out of a sn*ff film. Very dark & disturbing stuff, but look at the Kinehan nutjobs this little creep surrounds himself with. Just really ugly stuff here. It reeks of the Kobe deal, but with Bryant, it really looked like a work on the part of the dame in question. This thing with the irish kid is totally believable & probable: up for two days doing blow & molly with thugs & hookers, come back to a hotel rm, on no sleep...make a move on the gal, she says no & tells him to back off, and he just flies into a rage & lets her have it. So scary for this poor kid, she's only 20, and Ireland is a big joke of a country. Their law enforcement is a laughing stock. They're completely unequipped to deal with their glaring gang problem, so she & her family know they were all at high risk if they chose to speak out.

Of course, this could all be one big scam to take this guy for millions, but all things considered, I'm willing to bet it actually went down the way she's saying it did.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,671

Post#322 » by NZB2323 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:Thing is, outside the fluky aldo win, which bizarrely never got the obvious immediate rematce, macgregor is an above average fighter. Not really great at anything. Jones is probably the most skilled fighter to ever get in there, and he's proven it so many times. Macgregor is just some really really weird WWF stuff, I have NO idea why he got as famous as he did. Good fighter, not a good looking dude, cringey trash talker, etc. Definitely a big mystery.

Plus, this recent allegation against him is as heinous & brutal as it gets. Jones never was involved in anything like this. If true, it's right out of a sn*ff film. Very dark & disturbing stuff, but look at the Kinehan nutjobs this little creep surrounds himself with. Just really ugly stuff here. It reeks of the Kobe deal, but with Bryant, it really looked like a work on the part of the dame in question. This thing with the irish kid is totally believable & probable: up for two days doing blow & molly with thugs & hookers, come back to a hotel rm, on no sleep...make a move on the gal, she says no & tells him to back off, and he just flies into a rage & lets her have it. So scary for this poor kid, she's only 20, and Ireland is a big joke of a country. Their law enforcement is a laughing stock. They're completely unequipped to deal with their glaring gang problem, so she & her family know they were all at high risk if they chose to speak out.

Of course, this could all be one big scam to take this guy for millions, but all things considered, I'm willing to bet it actually went down the way she's saying it did.

Jon Jones did a hit and run on a pregnant woman while high on cocain and during his apology he only talked about how he felt so bad because this could hurt his career.

Not that I’m a big Conor fan or anything. The first conversation I had with my wife we talked about how we didn’t like Conor.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#323 » by GameBredAPBT » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:31 am

NZB2323 wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:Thing is, outside the fluky aldo win, which bizarrely never got the obvious immediate rematce, macgregor is an above average fighter. Not really great at anything. Jones is probably the most skilled fighter to ever get in there, and he's proven it so many times. Macgregor is just some really really weird WWF stuff, I have NO idea why he got as famous as he did. Good fighter, not a good looking dude, cringey trash talker, etc. Definitely a big mystery.

Jon Jones did a hit and run on a pregnant woman while high on cocain and during his apology he only talked about how he felt so bad because this could hurt his career.

Not that I’m a big Conor fan or anything. The first conversation I had with my wife we talked about how we didn’t like Conor.

I know, but a drunk hit & run is nothing compared to what this irish creep has been accused of. C'mon now. This is something out of a horror film. Did you read the accusations???
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,671

Post#324 » by NZB2323 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:14 am

GameBredAPBT wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

I know, but a drunk hit & run is nothing compared to what this irish creep has been accused of. C'mon now. This is something out of a horror film. Did you read the accusations???

Are you really arguing that someone who does a hit and run on a pregnant woman, shows zero remorse, and continues to use has any sort of moral high ground over anyone? At a certain point, a person is a piece of ****. I’m not really interested in arguing that one piece of **** is nicer than another piece of ****.

Like, if it turns out that Jon Jones has done what Conor’s being accused of, would it surprise you? If a story comes out tomorrow that Jon Jones has raped, tortured, and/or murdered someone, or multiple people, I wouldn’t be suprised. I don’t think any of us would.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#325 » by spykelee » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:46 pm

So, are we gonna discuss connor or uh?

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#326 » by Jasen777 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 9:11 pm

spykelee wrote:So, are we gonna discuss connor or uh?

Who?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#327 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 5, 2019 1:02 pm

Is it worth discussing retired fighters?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#328 » by Headliner » Fri Apr 5, 2019 1:55 pm

He's not retired anymore, he's back, throwing shade at wives instead of fathers this time around.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#329 » by High 5 » Fri Apr 5, 2019 4:56 pm

"Your wife is a towel mate" with the accompanying picture was pretty funny, I have to admit.

The rest of his tweets are lame, though.
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,753

Post#330 » by spykelee » Fri Apr 5, 2019 7:08 pm

I lol'd at that towel comment too. But yea, otherwise he's off the rails. Even Dana had to intervene and try and get these guys to step off the gas pedal a bit... Like you know it's bad when.. I'm not sure what exactly McGregor is angling for here. He doesn't want to step back in their and get mauled by khabib. The mystique would be gone for sure. Mayweather doesnt appear ready to fight again despite what Floyd sr claims, Paulie is more focused on Lobov it seems.. Cerrone fell through and fighting Ragin al now. Whose left? Mark whalberg? I thought when he "retired" that would be the end of him calling out everyone but apparently not. Like redd said before, Where there's smoke there's a fire, rape allegations, fathering a kid, smashed cell phones... Some guys just can't let go of the limelight. I don't mind his twitter stuff if he actually steps in their and fights but just sitting on the sidelines calling out everyone screams of immaturity. Last few weeks have just been sad to watch. Like Kelvin said, if it continues down this path somebody gonna end up getting clipped.

Sent from my LG-H873 using RealGM mobile app
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#331 » by Jasen777 » Sat Apr 6, 2019 4:21 am

spykelee wrote: He doesn't want to step back in their and get mauled by khabib.

Yes he does. Because he's delusional.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#332 » by Headliner » Sat Apr 6, 2019 11:10 am

The towel comment I thought was funny but it’s largely being condemned as racist/ islamophobic. I didn’t see it that way though, I just thibk the history taints it in that direction.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#333 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 6, 2019 9:59 pm

I don't care about the towel comment specifically. What bothers me is the personal thing. I'm all for fight promotion but don't like it when guys cross a line and bring others' families into it. Khabib's wife is obviously not part of their feud, why sh*t on her?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by Headliner » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:00 pm

Back vs Cowboy at 170?

170 is a huge risk but I’m guessing he’s hedging. If he loses it’s not at 155 so he’s still a top tier guy there.

But 170 has the sluggers anyway, he should want the Masidivals, Diaz’s, Pettis’, etc

Man I wish they would just create a 160 division though.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,566

Post#335 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 pm

Per Ariel, If Conor gets through Cowboy, Masvidal could be next then a title fight vs Khabib(or Ferguson).
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#336 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Interesting
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#337 » by Susan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:28 am

meh.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,609

Post#338 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:35 am

I'll watch it
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#339 » by REDDzone » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:24 pm

I'd care more at 155. It will probably be an exciting fight, but that's the extent of it. No implications for anything.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#340 » by Headliner » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:39 pm

Wish it was 155 as well, but I thibk Connor is just hedging.
If he loses it’s mitigated by time off and above his weight class talk.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts